Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 4.2 Valor Points Rewards, Firelands Ragnaros Video, Blue Posts, Artworks

Patch 4.2 - Justice and Valor Points Rewards
    The latest PTR patch updated the Justice and Valor Points vendors and we finally know what to expect from them in the next patch. A couple of important things:

• Old epic ilvl 359/"Valor" gear is now available from the Justice Points vendor at the same prices.
    • "Old" rare/Justice Points gear is still for sale at the same price.
    • When Patch 4.2 is released, your existing Valor Points will be converted to Justice Points.
    • Normal versions of Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, and Throne of the Four Winds will be nerfed and will only reward Justice Points.

Level Type Spec Slot Name Price
    378ThrownMeleeThrownMorningstar Shard700 x
    378ThrownMeleeThrownGiantslicer700 x
    378ThrownTankThrownDeflecting Star700 x
    378WandSpell DPSRangedTrail of Embers700 x
    378WandSpell SpiritRangedScorchvine Wand700 x
    378PlateMeleeWristGigantiform Bracers1,250 x
    378PlateSpell SpiritWristBracers of Imperious Truths1,250 x
    378PlateTankWristBracers of Regal Force1,250 x
    378MailPhysical DPSWristBracers of Forked Lightning1,250 x
    378MailSpell SpiritWristBracers of Misting Ash1,250 x
    378LeatherMeleeWristFlamebinder Bracers1,250 x
    378LeatherSpell SpiritWristSmolderskull Bindings1,250 x
    378ClothSpell DPSWristEmberflame Bracers1,250 x
    378ClothSpell SpiritWristFiresoul Wristguards1,250 x
    378NeckMeleeNeckStoneheart Choker1,250 x
    378NeckPhysical DPSNeckNecklace of Smoke Signals1,250 x
    378NeckSpell DPSNeckAmulet of Burning Brilliance1,250 x
    378NeckSpell SpiritNeckFiremind Pendant1,250 x
    378NeckTankNeckStoneheart Necklace1,250 x
    378FingerMeleeFingerSerrated Brimstone Signet1,250 x
    378FingerPhysical DPSFingerSplintered Brimstone Seal1,250 x
    378FingerSpell DPSFingerCrystalline Brimstone Ring1,250 x
    378FingerSpell SpiritFingerSoothing Brimstone Circle1,250 x
    378FingerTankFingerDeflecting Brimstone Band1,250 x
    378RelicMeleeRelicRelic of the Elemental Lords1,250 x
    378RelicPhysical DPSRelicCovenant of the Flame700 x
    378RelicSpell DPSRelicSoulflame Vial700 x
    378RelicSpell SpiritRelicSinged Plume of Aviana700 x
    378RelicTankRelicDeathclutch Figurine700 x

Ragnaros Testing on Test Realms
    Players had a chance to test the fight against Ragnaros last night and a couple of guilds released videos of the encounter. No kill videos yet, but a couple of 40-20% wipes. If you have no idea what's going on, you can always check out the details of the fight in our Encounter Journal Preview.

BlizzCon Benefit Dinner Tickets On Sale - Saturday, May 28 at 10 a.m. PT
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Before the BlizzCon festivities begin, we're inviting you to join us for an evening of good food and good conversation -- all for a good cause. Approximately 200 tickets to a special pre-BlizzCon dinner to benefit Children's Hospital of Orange County will be going on sale tomorrow, Saturday, May 28 at 10 a.m. PT. Keep your eye on the ticket sales page tomorrow for the chance to get yours. For more information on the BlizzCon Benefit Dinner, visit the official BlizzCon website at www.blizzcon.com.
    Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Need roll makes items soulbound in Patch 4.2
    It's in 4.2 (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Anti Ninja Loot System
    I think what you want is a system that keeps people from rolling on the gear you want because you don't believe they deserve it to the same degree you do. There are already restrictions in place that keep people from rolling on items they can't use. We don't want to begin restricting what people can roll on based on current spec, because that's not a black or white situation, which is how the system would need to be set up to work how you'd like.

There are some surefire ways to avoid or seriously cut down on situations like this, but it should be understood that if you enter into Dungeon Finder your rolls can go up against the rolls of someone else, regardless if you think you should get preference or not.

If you're looking for a certain item, I'd let the group know before the first pull and ask if anyone else is going to roll need on it. If nothing else it'll show everyone your intent, and put anyone on display who (at the consensus of the group) isn't playing by what you'd consider to be fair.

[...] To bring one more to the table (or reiterate one, I haven't read all 20 pages), and it's one that is a big reason why the system works as it does: if only tanks can roll on tank gear, then it becomes really hard for anyone else to build up the gear they need to be able to tank. We would end up with a bunch of undergeared tanks ("Sorry guys, but this is the only way I can get armor,") or worse, fewer tanks in the system overall because nobody can get gear. People would be forced to gear for healing or tanking through other means because they wouldn't be able to move fluidly from leveling as DPS to Dungeon Finder and begin acquiring the gear they need to fulfill their role. Or, the Light forbid, one day someone decides they want to try healing or tanking and needs to begin building a set.

At some point systems become so 'helpful' that they're a detriment. For that reason we have to reach a point where we're making sure we're stopping the majority of negatives, but not squeezing the egg of problems so hard that we create four messier ones. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Blizzard Art Gallery Update
    The World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Art gallery has been updated with 4 new pieces of TBC Art.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-06-21 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice!

Ragnaros p1-p2 looks really easy. Though, there are three more phases to counter and it's only normal mode, so I guess he's in a decent spot.
    Last edited by Shawaam; 2011-05-28 at 07:28 AM.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Rag. video wont load for me

nvm that, works fine now

So tier 11 will still be for valor points when i check that table?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A pretty throwing weapon :O

Yesssssss

10+ Year Old Account
    Their Demo Lock only does 11.8k dps? He needs to speak with me haha. I'm bursting over 30k in 359s.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Nice that relics have the same primary and secondary stats as wands and warrior/rogue ranged weapons, and a bonus gem socket...
    Last edited by Difuid; 2011-05-28 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    Their Demo Lock only does 11.8k dps? He needs to speak with me haha. I'm bursting over 30k in 359s.
    I'm bursting your gf for 40k, you don't see me showing off...

10+ Year Old Account
    He have his felguard on passive, and it's the ptr, he might lag and so on. And 30k is nothing when bursting :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

To bring one more to the table (or reiterate one, I haven't read all 20 pages), and it's one that is a big reason why the system works as it does: if only tanks can roll on tank gear, then it becomes really hard for anyone else to build up the gear they need to be able to tank. We would end up with a bunch of undergeared tanks ("Sorry guys, but this is the only way I can get armor,") or worse, fewer tanks in the system overall because nobody can get gear. People would be forced to gear for healing or tanking through other means because they wouldn't be able to move fluidly from leveling as DPS to Dungeon Finder and begin acquiring the gear they need to fulfill their role. Or, the Light forbid, one day someone decides they want to try healing or tanking and needs to begin building a set.
    Add need for MS and OS buttons and "unique item"-like mechanic, that would prevent people from rolling need for MS on item if they already have the same or better one in slot. And don't say that "tank isn't my main spec, but I like to go to dung as tank cuz I don't want to wait at 40 min queue - so I'll roll dps gear". MS in that case - is a spec you specify when queuing to LFD. And yes, I think ppl who queued as specific spec to LFD has a priority to roll on "their" type of gear. And only if they don't need this item - only then other specs may roll for OS.

It's kind of stupid that they keep doing this. EVERYBODY gets a relic/ranged slot from valor points! Except hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh, BoE bracers. Those should fetch a shiny copper.

10+ Year Old Account
    AVPaul, trust me, if you take this up with an Game Master, then you wont get anywhere with this. I have tried already.

At least this time with the new function, people will start quitting with the need rolling on BoE's that their class can use, but is not an upgrade.
    So now we wont have to end up either rolling against another one who doesn't need it, when you need it and its an upgrade for you.

It all seems fine for me, and I'm all in for it, however. I hope this only counts for the Need roll as stated, and not also for Greed rolling. As people should still be able to win an BoE on a Greed roll and sell it on AH, as winning it on a Greed roll is nothing but fair for everyone.

And for someone who asked if the T11 would still be available for JP, i think it will, yes. However, i don't want to say anything specific as i am not 100% sure.

I wonder who in the Blizzard's designing team has a fetish for Doomflames :P
    Last edited by Frankieo; 2011-05-28 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Oooh, BoE bracers. Those should fetch a shiny copper.

the necks too... who knows if that will change tho
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Deleted
    Question to Boub or those on PTR:

Old valor gear becomes for sale for JP, yes, and I assume that includes Tier 11, but what about the Tier 11 pieces that require a token, ie shoulder and helmet?

Will they still require a token or are they for sale with JP now?

Ragnaros is buggy and it keeps despawning your pets due to range etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Question to Boub or those on PTR:

Old valor gear becomes for sale for JP, yes, and I assume that includes Tier 11, but what about the Tier 11 pieces that require a token, ie shoulder and helmet?

Will they still require a token or are they for sale with JP now?
    I would assume so, seeing as thats what they did to the wotlk tier gear when they added better tier gear, or whatever they did after they changed the currencies back then.
    If something is too hard to do, then don't do it at all ^^

Finally, I can get a thrown weapon on my rogue that won't be stolen by tard warriors who think their main stat is AGI, not STR. -.-

Deleted
    What about T12 "purchasing" system?
    Will it be the same trend as T11 - 3 pieces for VPs and 2 pieces via tokens dropped by end boses or something different?

Deleted
    Felguard is passive, he cares for the firetraps, PTR lag. 30k burst is just nothing....

And please get away from the dummy.