Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That's the Ragnaros fight? Seems....kinda meh.

I like that Moroes blizz-art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Question to Boub or those on PTR:

Old valor gear becomes for sale for JP, yes, and I assume that includes Tier 11, but what about the Tier 11 pieces that require a token, ie shoulder and helmet?

Will they still require a token or are they for sale with JP now?
    So far, it has only been 359 gear that has been made easier to obtain, whether through the VP-JP conversion or the normal raid nerfs.

The H T11 tokens are Heroic raid drops, as well as being 372 gear. I doubt you'd be able to get 372 through Justice points (at least, not until the raid after Firelands is released).

Deleted
    378 Relic Melee Relic Doomflame Fetish 1,250 x VP
    is that a mistake? or does that one relic really cost more then the others? i can hardly imagen that

also a confiirmend info on Ilvl 359 head and shoulder T11 pieces would be really nice. JP ? tokens ?
    what ever it is thou they will be easier to obtain since the bosses that drop the tokens will be nerfed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    OVER 30k. You guys need to learn to read. Also i'm Demonology. Meaning my big bursts wont be as good as something like Arcane. God you're all defensive hahaha. I can do more than 11k without my pet. Kthanks.

P.S. Yeah it might be unbuffed on a dummy, but I do even more than that in raids and Demonology gets super damage at 25% (Dummies are at 100%)
    What, do you want a medal for your achievements? Talk about defensiveness B) Gratz on playing your class to a mediocre standard.

The add phases look interesting, to say the least. Looking forward to seeing more.

Deleted
    Nice loot table can't w8

Also the TBC Art Gallery is very nice!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Anti Ninja Loot System
    If only tanks can roll on tank gear, then it becomes really hard for anyone else to build up the gear they need to be able to tank.
    Tanks rolling on dps gear makes it harder for dps to gear up and dps rolling on tank gear makes it harder for tanks to gear up.

Lets say you kill a raid boss and a tank item drops, who deserves it more? The mage, the rogue, the other dps or the tank?

Thats why only tanks should be allowed to roll on tank gear and dps on dps gear, if the tank hits greed/disenchant/pass, then and only then would the need button unlock for the other plate-wearing dpsers.
    Last edited by wiIdi; 2011-05-28 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegregor View Post
    When the valor points are converted to JP, if I would exceed the 4000 point cap, will I just lose a bunch of points? Or will it just be temporarily above the limit, and once I am back below I can start acquiring more?
    Presumably it will be the same as when they first did all the conversions from badges to points. If the conversion puts you over the cap, then you get all the points you just can't earn any more until you are below the cap again

Quote Originally Posted by Jarandis View Post
    Presumably it will be the same as when they first did all the conversions from badges to points. If the conversion puts you over the cap, then you get all the points you just can't earn any more until you are below the cap again
    While I think this is the case now, the first conversion from badges to points actually converted any excess badges that would push you over the 4000 JP cap into gold.

I do not recall any mention of excess VP being converted into gold if you more than what would bring you to 4000 JP after the conversion.

As such, One would assume you can go over the JP cap of 4000 once your remaining VP are converted at the onset of a new tier.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I'd like to know what happens to the shoulders and head from tier11...will they still need those tokens or will they be available for everyone to fulfill their pieces?

I'm one of those that cba to raid, but when a new tier comes out I love having a full set to save (in case we ever get vanity slots on our gear) in my bank. And I ain't spending hours downing bosses to get them once they're outdated.

Please MMO-champ, answer this question, there seem to be a lot of players wondering about it!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2011-05-28 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That dark portal artwork is amazing

Its a 1-1 conversion ratio?
    From VP's you have now and JP's you'll have then?

Deleted
    "[...] To bring one more to the table (or reiterate one, I haven't read all 20 pages), and it's one that is a big reason why the system works as it does: if only tanks can roll on tank gear, then it becomes really hard for anyone else to build up the gear they need to be able to tank. We would end up with a bunch of undergeared tanks ("Sorry guys, but this is the only way I can get armor,") or worse, fewer tanks in the system overall because nobody can get gear. People would be forced to gear for healing or tanking through other means because they wouldn't be able to move fluidly from leveling as DPS to Dungeon Finder and begin acquiring the gear they need to fulfill their role. Or, the Light forbid, one day someone decides they want to try healing or tanking and needs to begin building a set."

I don't want people to tank that are too lazy to get the gear the real way, if I can get tanking gear in 2 days without rolling on any tank gear in heroics, anyone can. There are plenty of 359 epic tank items for rep and countless stuff on the AH and JP vendor.

Although nobody has ninjad anything thous far in cata, most people ask if the tank/heal/dps needs it and if they don't they roll. Maybe they finally realized it is not a good idea to piss off tanks just because you MAY in the FUTURE tank a little (and probably fail and return to DPS).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'd like to know what happens to the shoulders and head from tier11...will they still need those tokens or will they be available for everyone to fulfill their pieces?

I'm one of those that cba to raid, but when a new tier comes out I love having a full set to save (in case we ever get vanity slots on our gear) in my bank. And I ain't spending hours downing bosses to get them once they're outdated.

Please MMO-champ, answer this question, there seem to be a lot of players wondering about it!
    I don't really see how you deserve RAIDing gear if you don't want to raid, but i'd put money on it still requiring tokens. Just as it did in WotLK too etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameiswill View Post
    I don't really see how you deserve RAIDing gear if you don't want to raid, but i'd put money on it still requiring tokens. Just as it did in WotLK too etc etc.
    ???

Full T9 and t10 was available in wrath through emblems, what are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkahn View Post
    Man we dont care about your life, you still do not understand? WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU
    Hemad Haha =(
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

I've just come off the PTR, and yes the shoulders and head T11 still require tokens, they aren't (yet?) available for JP.

Deleted
    I wonder what's going to happen to the current Justice Points gear. If the prices on them are gonna go down or not, considering 359s can now be bought for similar quantities of Justice Points. Or Blizzard may just remove them completely, seeing as no one will buy them when 359s are available for Justice Points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    ???

Full T9 and t10 was available in wrath through emblems, what are you talking about?
    t9 + t10 yes, however during naxx and ulduar you needed tier tokens to obtain the other pieces.

What about JPs? Do we keep hold of the ones we've got ot do they disappear?