Thread: Demonology PvE

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Demonology PvE

I know a lot of threads are ongoing about the demo specc and it's current state in PvE, but there is a healthy discussion going on over on the official forum atm, and I did not want the link to get lost among several pages of current discussion.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/209831255

That is the link to the page. I think there are a lot of interesting thoughts being thrown around, and just thought that perhaps more notice would be taken on an official forum (designer wise), and would like to get the community here involved aswell.

Tzan.

Looking at it now those Demo AOE nerfs were completely unwarranted, giving other classes have gotten a recent massive AOE buff.
    They should also put Soulfire back on to Molten Core our execute is just pathetic it's not like Demo is tearing up the charts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchill View Post
    I know a lot of threads are ongoing about the demo specc and it's current state in PvE, but there is a healthy discussion going on over on the official forum atm, and I did not want the link to get lost among several pages of current discussion.
    Thanks for that, since the vast majority of the current disussion seems to still revolve around the Drain Life nerf, and various other rather unconstructive QQ.

If any non-EU posters have something to say, here's a good a place as any.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz View Post
    They should also put Soulfire back on to Molten Core our execute is just pathetic it's not like Demo is tearing up the charts.
    This would be a REALLY strong buff.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz View Post
    Looking at it now those Demo AOE nerfs were completely unwarranted, giving other classes have gotten a recent massive AOE buff.
    Totaly agree.but this woudnt fix us...this is max 200-300 dps.but what realy need fixing is our Felgaurd.this is our specific "spell" and were only using it on aoe fights.bring back wotlk felguard with ist stacking attack power buff and Demonic empowerment with its 20% attack speed for felguard.

It would be nice if they did a small tweak like adding Soul Fire to Impending Doom. Also as much as I love twisting between felhunter and felguard on some bosses, it is really more of a design flaw and I'm sure it is unintended. Just like how Succubus was unintended to be the aff pet.

just add another melee ability to the felguard which will deal 300% or so damage on about 3 second cooldown, for single target fights and have legion strike for AE encounters, toggle them on off depending on the needs.

Increase the spell damage bonus from DP from 2% to 5%.

10/20% damage buff to Soul fire while under decimation effect.

Perhaps re-work demonic empowerment, maybe add some offensive bonuses.

and quite frankly the tree as whole lacks a bit of synergy between the warlock and the demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    just add another melee ability to the felguard which will deal 300% or so damage on about 3 second cooldown, for single target fights and have legion strike for AE encounters, toggle them on off depending on the needs.

and quite frankly the tree as whole lacks a bit of synergy between the warlock and the demon.
    yes then demo's in pvp can /afk and make a sandwich and come back at 20% for the kill...
    Dinkin Flicka.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowborne View Post
    yes then demo's in pvp can /afk and make a sandwich and come back at 20% for the kill...
    make the strike deal 100% on players, issue solved.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    destruction does not use corruption or bane of doom, this is a lie.
    Yes they do.
    But I agree with the rest of what you said.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

I hope they decide to buff the Felguard. 3/4 of the expansion saw the death of the Felguard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    I hope they decide to buff the Felguard. 3/4 of the expansion saw the death of the Felguard.
    Demonology using Succubus and Fel Hunter DOES feel wrong, doesn't it?

make the strike deal 100% on players, issue solved.
    Blizzard has already stated they hate doing this sort of thing, CS from warriors was an exception because it was way out of hand. Buffing felguard isn't the answer to a PvE fix. Not all "signiture spells" are 100% useful (BM hunters for instance).

TBH I really really hope they could make Demonology use succubus for single target fights for max dps and felguard for aoe. This would give succubus some kind of usefulness. Maybe remove the glyph and give it a flat bonus so we don't need to waste a glyph spot for it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

why not makeing it like the skill from most boss ? set amout of damage shared to the target(s)

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    noone really care about this ,90% of the time, u /petattack once per fight , same for all , and BM hunter will use normal pet so....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Blizzard has already stated they hate doing this sort of thing, CS from warriors was an exception because it was way out of hand. Buffing felguard isn't the answer to a PvE fix. Not all "signiture spells" are 100% useful (BM hunters for instance).

TBH I really really hope they could make Demonology use succubus for single target fights for max dps and felguard for aoe. This would give succubus some kind of usefulness. Maybe remove the glyph and give it a flat bonus so we don't need to waste a glyph spot for it.
    Succubus has a niche as a CC/Ranged damage/sometimes useful in PvP kind of deal. I get what you are saying about nto all signature spells being useful, but the Felguard has the potential to be, and WAS in the past. It seems rediculous that something that people used to play the specc for is now banished to a shadowy corner for all but Hc Maloriak, and add phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I want to be able to pick whatever I damn well choose, unless there's a compelling mechanic reason within the fight to pick a certain one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I want to be able to pick whatever I damn well choose, unless there's a compelling mechanic reason within the fight to pick a certain one.
    It will be ok when Succubus do 5k DPS in Demo single, Felhunter do 5k DPS in Demo single and Felguard do 5k DPS in Demo single.

You can use Succubus to air combat or where is problem for pets stay behind target, Felhunter when you need Counter Spell (or dont use him, it is not Demo pet, his Demon Soul sucks) and Felguard for majority of combats, because it is RARE ABILITY in Demonology tree.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest unless there's a reason to use their special abilities, pets are purely cosmetic. This means the Felguard, as the tree's special ability is an AoE attack, a Cleave, an Intercept and a Stun - it's a toolbox. Making it the default pet by having it do higher damage does nothing for the tree's rotation or gameplay in the same way some other signiture abilities do it's really not actually that interesting; all it does then is limit your DPS when other abilities are required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I agree that there are other problems with the demonology tree right now but disagree with your dismissing of the felguard. For all 3 warlock trees choosing a pet that isn't the 'ideal' pet is a dps loss; this is a fact. I think I've come up with 2 interesting changes that could help in both areas.
    It's not so much dismissal; the utility that the Felguard provides when it's needed is outstanding, and if it's single target damage was comparable to other pets, any fight with the capacity to so much as cleave a couple of adds would make it far more desirable than other pets - that it's less useful for that in T11 is testament to encounter design, in T9 and T10 it would still have been your default pet for many, if not most encounters. And if it were comparable, there'd be no need to change away from it when it wasn't providing any particular benefit but none of the others provided anything more beneficial - i.e. the majority of fights.

The other trees suffer from switching due to intent and design, Demonology suffers through neglect. Affliction is actually meant to be able to choose Succubus or Felhunter, allowing it some versatility with it's talent points for survivability (Succubus with Fel Synergy, and/or points in Demonic Embrace) or utility (Felhunter and it's abilities and Dark Arts). Whereas Destruction, through Empowered Imp is all about that Demon.

Demonology was meant to be able to pick and choose without significant variation, and to be honest slightly lower single target DPS would be acceptable if we could pick our pet according to our raid's needs to counteract that utility. As it stands, it's 2-3k behind on a single target, moreso where others are involved and doesn't get to pick up utility without an even bigger loss in output.