Thread: Project Cafe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    In selling consoles, sure.

This would put them in line as a serious competitor and looked at as such. I really dont have the steam to try and argue this point. If you want to think Nintendo is the best console out there then you go for it.
    Excepts nobody said anything about nintendo being the best console, you said about them being able to compete.

All speculation at this point. Just gotta wait for E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Excepts nobody said anything about nintendo being the best console, you said about them being able to compete.
    If you'd like to nitpick my words go ahead. They lead in sales but obviously not in the overall console war. Defend your favorite company more? I wasn't even attacking them, jesus, lol.

By being able to compete I didn't mean financially. I meant actually compete in the console war between the two leading companies that dominate that market.

Sure Nintendo sells a lot of consoles. First they pretty much own the hand held market which is great. Secondly, their target demographic is everyone, not just young/middle aged gamers. Obviously they will sell more consoles. But you seriously think they COMPETE in the console war going on right now?

Like I said before, keep on thinking that, I could care less. Btw, I own a Wii and have for some time. It is my least played system due to the games available for it. Yet, essentially, I helped boost those market sales by buying one.

You missed a few of the biggest features. Like the controller having a touchscreen and possibly a camera. Only a few more days until we all get to see it though, can't wait.

This sounds too good to be true but my faith in Nintendo is still there despite the failure called Wii.
    Also, Retro Studios working on this? If they're making a new Metroid, I'd be really excited.
    Last edited by Patchwerk; 2011-05-28 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    All speculation at this point. Just gotta wait for E3.
    Most of the specc. stuff is confirmed due to leases on hardware from companies and such.

I'm excited, Nintendo has always been a king in games

Deleted
    If you'd like to nitpick my words go ahead. They lead in sales but obviously not in the overall console war. Defend your favorite company more? I wasn't even attacking them, jesus, lol.

By being able to compete I didn't mean financially. I meant actually compete in the console war between the two leading companies that dominate that market.

Sure Nintendo sells a lot of consoles. First they pretty much own the hand held market which is great. Secondly, their target demographic is everyone, not just young/middle aged gamers. Obviously they will sell more consoles. But you seriously think they COMPETE in the console war going on right now?

Like I said before, keep on thinking that, I could care less. Btw, I own a Wii and have for some time. It is my least played system due to the games available for it. Yet, essentially, I helped boost those market sales by buying one.
    Excepts I don't even own a nintendo console and I don't even plan on getting any console, just an objective opinion.

Hmmm.... possibly Kingdom Hearts 3 for this platform... hope it's true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Most of the specc. stuff is confirmed due to leases on hardware from companies and such.
    Interesting thing for me is the whole "controller with a screen on it" speculation and how nintendo plans on doing that if it is true.

Excited for E3, come sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Umm no it's not confirmed at all.

Wasent it confirmed to support DX11 and be based on the 5xxx series radeons. so it would be backwards compatible

That's the thing, they've opened up gaming to a larger demographic than other companies probably thought possible. They get them started and hooked on casual, family-oriented games -- turning non-gamers onto the hobby. With this new console I see them stepping aside saying "Well, now you know the basics, let's take it up a level.", trying to turn the fresh gamers into further patrons.
    Thankfully they aren't focusing on the CURRENT console war (which boils down to a bunch of 12 year olds screaming that their hardware is better -- See Mac vs. PC debates for further citations), they're focusing ahead on what the console, thus gaming experience, can be evolved into.

Also, OP, no one likes a soggy appetite: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/w...0appetite.html
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Project Cafe has stronger hardware than anything on market right now other than a PC. Its RAM is 50% higher than PS3 and 360 put together.
    -Project Cafe's GPU framework makes it more graphically powerful than a PS3.
    First of all before talking like you know alot, BOTH the ps3 and xbox 360 have the SAME graphical capability's, the only thing that sets them apart is the PS3's Cell processor.

And the thing about the ram, So your saying that the new Wii is gona have just barley over 1 Gig of Ram? Seeing as how the xbox 360 has 512 megs and the ps3 has 256 megs of ram..... Not that impressive.

The only next gen console for the next few years
    Thats full of shit because you have no idea what other people are working on.

Won't cost more than $400
    It will prob be $399.99 or more, i doubt it will be under the 350 mark.

Utilizes networking hardware and software from a third party company specializing in only that
    Does that mean it wont be Below the level of the ps2's online anymore?

Nintendo is quoted as saying they are moving away from casual markets with the system
    Yeh right, ill believe that when i see it, they spent the past several years pushing away anyone but the casual market and they think they are just gona jump back in?

I very much doubt alot of this and will have to see it before i believe it.

Yep, knew Zeta would be here. Lets not turn this into a console war Zeta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for E3 to pop around to find out the details. Running around screaming rumors doesn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'm just waiting for E3 to pop around to find out the details. Running around screaming rumors doesn't do much.
    Basically this. But, no one will listen and continue to spout rumors for or against Nintendo, so meh. x.x

How about we lock this thread then since its founded on falsified rumors.

If a quarter of those games come out (Paper Zelda!?) I would be all over it. Take my money Nintendo!