Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The thing Cataclysm STILL lacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-vKj...eature=related

Give us new FEATURES please, Blizzard! Achievements are getting boring. New raids are fun but most people only raid 3 evenings per week and are bored to hell the other 4 evenings (yes I know there is something like real life).

I think this is along the lines of fishing or archeology, honestly.

Yeah I think something like this will lose it's novelty fast and we will be back to just progression in terms of gear/raiding/rating.

Meh, maybe on RP servers only. That is kinda.... well.... wimpy. Minstrels are best left in the gallery.

Deleted
    Give us an example of a new feature, instead of just saying "need moar feeturz".

And I hope you didn't seriously mean that we were supposed to be able to play music, because that's not really worthy of being a major feature added.

Deleted
    The Bard class is comming my friend. Watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    And I hope you didn't seriously mean that we were supposed to be able to play music, because that's not really worthy of being a major feature added.
    Actually I would consider that a big bump up. Adding in either an MP3 player of sorts or even like some kind of internet radio and I would shit my pants. I know when I end up playing on my laptop or something, I usually end up not playing music if I'm going to be doing anything more than soloing just because of system resources. On my desktop where I am playing like 90% of the time it's not as much of an issue, but it would still be a nice feature to see if it could be put in somehow. I think there are add-ons for the MP3 player but I remember the ones I did try being a huge hassle

Deleted
    Yes, you're right. Clearly what Cataclysm lacks is the ability to play songs! What were you thinking, Blizz?

yes lets devote blizzard developer time to, whatever the hell that was.

I hate people who put trains on the ground enough... I don't need some idiot coming into the auction house and playing Lady Gaga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    yes lets devote blizzard developer time to, whatever the hell that was.
    Well, think of it like this. what is an MMORPG? It's an RPG where many many people play on... it is not...

A total dungeon crawler.
    A Call of duty with swords and spells.

With blizzard spending so much time developing PVE raids you loose the sense of the world around you, merely staying on, PvEing for 3 days then dpoing their arena points and leaving. it's rather shoddy work and making an MMO when you really only interact with around 40 people every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played LOTRO, that system was simply amazing when you were bored waiting on something or just chatting with a friend.
    But people often fucked it up by coming to play COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SONGS at your side, causing awful ressonance, you had to move away from them or turn off your sound.
    It also gets boring pretty fast.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    I hate people who put trains on the ground enough... I don't need some idiot coming into the auction house and playing Lady Gaga
    You make it sound so much better than it actually would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravion View Post
    (yes I know there is something like real life).
    So where's the problem?

They should add mini-games like will be in Guild Wars 2, such as:
    Bar Fighting
    Shooting Galleries
    Mini Controlled jousters
    Etc..

Deleted

Give us new FEATURES please, Blizzard! Achievements are getting boring. New raids are fun but most people only raid 3 evenings per week and are bored to hell the other 4 evenings (yes I know there is something like real life).
    Actualy there is a quest near thundermar in twilight highlands where you help a guy make a song for a winding

AND IT'S BORING... :>

Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    I think what he means is he wants blizzard to build a mp3 player directly into wow so he can listen to his own music without running a resource hog such as itunes or mediaplayer.

However if either of those programs are messing with wow's performance even on his laptop the laptop itself is either 5+ years old or infected with tons of spyware/virus.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    They should add mini-games like will be in Guild Wars 2, such as:
    Bar Fighting
    Shooting Galleries
    Mini Controlled jousters
    Etc..
    They did add mini games into wow such as ...
    pvp
    pet/mount/tabard collecting
    Fishing
    The zombie game in hillsbrad

Hell any quest that requires you to hop into a tank/plane or shoot a harpoon/cannon is essentially a mini game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind being awesome on a bagpipe while being bored in elwynn.. Yah im a dwarf, and i wanna play bagpipes, ya hrrr

Just one person here got the point.

It's an mmoRPG. Well not anymore. Its more like a MMOAG nowadays. Massivle Multiplayer Online Arcarde Game. Were is the RPG in Frodo and Gandalf posing in Hobbingen, throwing Voodoo Skulls at each other and using Halloween Wands to transform themselves in bats and bunnies? That wouldn't feel like Middle Earth anymore. Vanilla WoW once felt like a real, living RPG world. It doesn't anymore.

OK the music system was just a HINT for more to come. How about this as a new feature?

Grand Guild Slam Tournament

It's held every say Thursday in a week from 4pm to 20pm at some place that looks similar to Argent Tournament Grounds. A guild can participate in it with 10 members (just sign up at an NPC with 10 different guild members and you are in). In the tournament there are 5-10 mini games that can be done. Here is an example:

Hammer Throwing.
    You walk up to the Hammer Throwing site were an NPC stands. You talk to the npc and tell him that you are ready to participate in Hammer Throwing for your guild. He then signs you up and you will be called out when it is your turn (imagine like the Arena Quests in Nagrand). The Hammer Throwing Game looks like this:
    You active the quest item (hammer) and then your character starts spinning. Remember the Seahorse riding quest in vash jir were one of three different directions popped up at the screen and you had to press? Something like a reaction game starts. The speed at which you have to press the right buttons increases every 2 seconds. You release the hammer when you press something wrong. The longer you spin the farther the hammer flies. You then get your score and it gets scribbled on a Scoreboard standing next to the Hammer Throwing site which everyone can look at (much like the book lying around in Thousand Winter).

There can be 5-10 such "mini-games" that would require some skill to master. Even group mini games or maybe even pvp mini games. I am sure you could think of a lot of stuff. At the end of the day, the guild who has gathered the most points wins the Grand Guild Slam Tournament, along with some prices like Mounts, Guild Achievements, Cosmetic Items or something like that.

This Feature would even be very expandable. It would make the game world richer and more lifely. Yes you could only do it once a week but as I said... just a hint for more things to come, would blizzard actually turn their eyes one more things than just designing new raid content and bgs.

10+ Year Old Account

Mabinogi lets you create your own music sheets too longer songs from higher skill level.
    Lower skill your toon makes mistakes in the song, several sites list the codes for the songs to copy paste to your music sheets.

The only problem is instruments are expensive, and music sheets take up inventory space.