Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    You could play all of WoW without any addons and "manage just fine". However, that is akin to a marathon runner not using shoes and "managing just fine". Sure you can run 26 miles without shoes but why would you when your performance is absolutely better using them?

There is simply no way anyone in the world has healed H Sinestra without using something like Grid, Healbot, or Vuhdo. In fact, I doubt there are many people anywhere in the world that have healed any heroic boss this tier without using raidframes to help them. So yes, if all you want to do is heal a random, you could probably get away without using an addon (dispelling on fights like the last boss in VP might be a challenge though). But if you are a healer interested in maximizing your performance and increasing the success of your guild/raid, I strongly recommend grid, healbot, or Vuhdo.

Note: I use healbot but I only heal part time. If I every because a main spec healer for my guild I would probably put in the time to learn to use Grid or Vuhdo (I have heard really good things about Vuhdo).
    You obviously havent seen people from kenya winning marathons. You dont need shoes as long as you're tough enough to handle whats thrown at ya.

Clique + WoW Raid frames is all you need

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer sticking with VuhDo and ForteXorsist(visual CD timer), and that's only because I find it more visually pleasing than the standard UI. And I'm a clicker when it comes to healing
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    You could play all of WoW without any addons and "manage just fine". However, that is akin to a marathon runner not using shoes and "managing just fine". Sure you can run 26 miles without shoes but why would you when your performance is absolutely better using them?
    Don't listen to anyone that yells at you for this. Drakkmur is absolutely right! It's akin to running the marathon without shoes!
    Anyone here ever heard of Haile Selasi? He's just about the most famous marathon runner in the world. Broke every record in the book! Also; he ran without shoes........

Basically; Blizzard raid frames now support just about anything you'll want of a healing addon. It also has the huge advantage of not breaking on update. There really is nothing else you'll need (says 12.5/13 Disc priest / Resto Shaman).

In the end, though, it's all about what you're used to and what tickles your fancy. I have never gotten used to clique because it doesn't support my keybindings (I heal mostly with mouse scrollwheel and extra buttons). Yes I need to select but I select faster then GCD. I used to use Grid but since 4.0 I've been using the default UI and haven't missed Grid yet.

Blizzard Raid Frames aren't as bad as they used to be.
    I personally still prefer Vuhdo, since i want to see tank cooldowns and want to be able to configure buffs/debuffs shown.

Deleted
    Vuhdo.

People that say that blizzard raid frames are just as good are ignorant. They have improved a lot, but they still lack a lot.

i use vuhdo & decursive for all my healers...nothing else really

Deleted
    Before this "I use addons because I want to be the best I can be" vs "I don't need addons to be the best I can be" debate gets any more ridiculous, lets just nip it in the bud and get back to the topic at hand. Accept not everyone plays like you.

For the record, I use Healbot because it allows me to keep all my heals bound to mouse clicks while leaving my action bars free to be bound with damage spells, trinkets, pots, or other on-use items or actions, and that works out the most efficient method for me.

Blizzard raid frame + mouseover macros = WIN

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Vuhdo.

People that say that blizzard raid frames are just as good are ignorant. They have improved a lot, but they still lack a lot.
    what u want from a raid frame? show ur buff+ debuff , range ? nothing else.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm intrigued by the amount of healers using Clique and similar. What's so special about it? For me it just sounds like it would make healing a little too easy. The only role that actually offers a challenge at times.

Personally I use only a heavily customized Grid setup, tailored to my exact needs. Gnosis for my castbar, and Pitbull for self and target and such.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

i tryed clique and is shit (imo) u have to click alot and i hate clicking

Avoiding the standard "I use this and this and it works fine", Ingela's Rapture bar is quite a handy little addon just to max regen through rapture. I also like Fortexorcist for the small cooldown bar to track trinket/light weave procs.

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

Standard Blizzard UI with mouseover macros!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgano View Post
    I prefer to use only X-perl raid frames and heal the old fashioned way. A lot of people will argue with me, but I'll outheal almost anyone who uses an addon anyday. Mouseover healing could be useful if you like it, it's not my preference. If you select your new target within the GCD it doesn't make things any faster.

Edit: Oh yea, Decursive is good. I do use that. Saves a spot on my action bar too.
    I'll take that bet

I use TukUI, Recount, and "/cast [target=mouseover] X" Macros, that way I never get screwed when my spell addons go out of date

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    The only AddOn you will ever need or want is VuhDo
    This is an excellent addon wich i use myself as a discipline priest!
    Allthough i'm not using the addon to it's fully compabilitys i found it really really easy to keep track on your Weakened Soul and shields on the raid while you also "in my case right click to cast shield" can use tons of mixes of keybindings to your spells.

I think that depending on healing class certain addons/healing styles are better than others. For example, on my druid and shaman I can heal fine without an addons because they don't have a ton of heals. I just click nameplates and use macros.

But honestly I normally just use Healbot instead, especially for raiding. Takes away a lot of stress! I've heard great things about Vuhdo and Clique as well. Just try a few different addons, that's what I did at first.

and if u want use any raid frame addon grid is the best no other addon can be compared with grid

Quote Originally Posted by Morgano View Post
    I prefer to use only X-perl raid frames and heal the old fashioned way. A lot of people will argue with me, but I'll outheal almost anyone who uses an addon anyday. Mouseover healing could be useful if you like it, it's not my preference. If you select your new target within the GCD it doesn't make things any faster.
    Morgano is wrong. When it comes to instant heals/dispels etc mouseover macros or addons are mandatory to save time. Also if you don't use mouseover techniques you can't dps (some heal specs require this for mana regen; judgements, smite, etc)
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5