Deleted

Power supply fan problem

My power supply fan is making stupid noises, sometimes after tapping it it will just stay silent but then start again getting louder and louder. It makes like revving noises most of the time.
    I dont know whats wrong with it but can this cause any serious damage to the computer the way its broken? I mean cos I can live with the noise without having to replace it but id rather replace it if something bad is going to happen for leaving it like that :P

Deleted
    What brand is the power supply?

Deleted
    LiteOn - 300w
    Last edited by mmocfbfb4c2e0e; 2011-05-28 at 04:07 PM.

my fan was making noises too.. i just ended up opening up my puter and cleaning out some dust and since ive done that the fan hasnt made a peep

10+ Year Old Account
    That my friend is the sound of 200 angry children revving their hairdriers.... Becuase you didn't wash them last night.....

Deleted
    I'd recommend you just getting a new one. Corsair does fine shit with 7! years warranty. 300w is not much and LiteOn is a company that makes dvd/blueray burners. (I doubt how good their powersupplys are.

Motor oil. I can't believe that anyone haven't suggested this yet.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-31 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Motor oil. I can't believe that anyone haven't suggested this yet.
    Sewing machine oil or light mineral oil, assuming that the fan parts haven't been damaged.