15+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Vylana Stormarrow(First!)

(This is my first ever Bio...please do tell me what you think, and what I can do better!)

Name: Vylana Stormarrow
    Race: Night elf
    Languages: Darnassian, Common, Orcish, Thalassian
    Class: Sentinel(Ranger?)

Personality - Vylana is very open with friends, she is willing to tell them nearly anything as long as she trusts them. However, to strangers she is generally quiet and shy. She tries to always seem happy to everyone, however. Even when depressed or furious.

On the battlefield it's much different. She does her very best to shut out all emotions. During this time she is also very patient, willing to stand in one place and wait for the enemy for hours on end.

Likes - Vylana likes weapons. She really likes weapons, she usually spends all her money buying new additions to her collection, even when she will never use them. She also loves being with other Mercenaries and Adventurers, and talking in general, almost as much as she loves alcohol and learning(generally at the same time!).

Dislikes - There are only four things Vylana hates with a passion; Co-workers who are hiding things(She becomes paranoid, thinking they might betray her), talkng about the past, Goblins(She's be cheated out of money more than once by those little green people!), and impatience.

Appearance - The first thing you will notice of Vylana is her long green hair, it flows completely down her back and then some. She is also relativly short for a Night Elf, being a mere 6"3', and looks quite fit.
    She wears equipment that is either easy to more around in, or that she bought using the money of a recent job. However, she always carries around the same bow which is Sin'dorei made(As she feels they are by far the best at making bows).
    Current picture

Strengths
    - Excellent archer, quite fast, knows the way through most forests on Kalimdor, knows the main languages of both the Horde and Alliance

Weaknesses
    - She has a hard time making decisions and is always second guessing herself. She can also be too trusting at times, telling even someone who she just became 'friends' with secrets. She is horrible with money, always buying new weapons to collect.
    Lastly, she is quite horrible at fighting in melee range. Despite all the melee weapons she has, she simply can't use them.

History - Vylana was born in Astranar, her mother a Sentinel and her father a warrior, shortly before the War of the Shifting Sands. She was too young to take place in the war, but her parents fought, and her father died. Growing up without a father, she grew very close to her mother and eventually decided to become a Sentinel as well. It wasn't long before she, and everyone else, learned that she was adept with a bow and terrible with every other weapon, so she became a Sentinal Archer. Everything was calm, and good, until the Burning Legion came.

Fighting the Burning Legion had been the first major war she had, herself, taken place in. She had always taken her place in the back and shot down Demons as they came forward, but there were so many of them! She had never expected to see so many of her friends die, and it terrified her, she had never acknowledged death. During the final battle at Mount Hyjal she was given charge over a group of Archers to try and cut off reinforcements. When they saw the reinforcing wave of demons, she became indecisive on if they should engage or not, ultimately choosing not to and to retreat. She got back to the camp too late to warn them of the wave incoming, but just in time to see her mother get torn apart by the demons as they ran into the base. She survived the battle but quit the Sentinels right after, blaming herself for her mother's death she was too ashamed to go back home and decided to explore the world.

While exploring she came to realize that she loved buying weapons the other races crafted, and that to buy said weapons she needed money. Thinking it would make some nice money, she offered her services as a Archer and became a mercenary. Most of the time the jobs would be pretty simple, kill a few pests or defend important person as they travel to a town, but sometimes they were more difficult. Over a few years she came to absolutely love her 'job', and even started opening her services up to the Horde. Granted the Horde were always cautious around her, they would still hire her if they needed someone. Since the cataclysm most of her jobs have either been to help clean up the Twilight Hammer, or to help the Horde or Alliance against each other.

She has been on a number of jobs that require her to fight her own kin...
    As long as she doesn't kill she doesn't mind though. If it's a job that has her outright kill, or require killing of another Night Elf she will turn it down, not wanting to hurt one of her own. There are times, though, where it is unavoidable...she tries to find a way so that she won't have to do it, but if it's kill or be killed she won't hesitate. She will, however, feel horrible about it afterwords and likely hit the tavern.

Spending all her money on weapons and noticing she simply couldn't carry them all, she decided to have stashes spread out a bit. That way, no matter where she was she could be in reasonable distance to a stash. For the most part they were either abandoned houses and caves or in the homes of people she had either taken jobs from or worked with. She finally decided on six, two in Kalimdor(Starfall village in Winterspring, and Onyxia's cave in Dustwallow) and 4 in the Eastern Kingdoms(Kharanos, Goldshire, Surwich, Aerie Peak).

She also made a number of new friends in her travels, all of whom influenced her in some way. For example, she got into drinking very recently after her trip to Iron Forge with a Dwarf friend, and she had a Bow made by a Sin'dorai who she has done a number of jobs with.
    Last edited by seam; 2011-05-30 at 08:38 PM.

I totally missed this Bio. I gave it a quick read, my comments so far:

I checked the timelines and dates, and they are all accurate, so nothing to improve there.

Fairly well balanced Strengths and Weaknesses.

One small thing though, about her likes, where does she keep her presumably enormous weapon collection? Is she taking all of it with her or does she have some sort of home where the weapons end up?

And about her occupation, did she take any jobs on Horde side that put her up against her own kin? If so how did she feel about it? Did she hesitate at first?

Just a few points asked out of curiosity. Very solid bio.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    One small thing though, about her likes, where does she keep her presumably enormous weapon collection? Is she taking all of it with her or does she have some sort of home where the weapons end up?
    Yeah, I need to be more clear on that, I say 'collection', but it's really a few(6) different piles of weapons spread out. She doesn't take any with her aside from what she's using.

Depending on how close she is to the 'warehouses' she's either have them delivered or drop them off herself.

As for the places they are themselves, they are usually empty houses in villages that she either buys, or has the people living there take care of the stuffs.

And about her occupation, did she take any jobs on Horde side that put her up against her own kin? If so how did she feel about it? Did she hesitate at first?
    I...actually never thought of that. I mean, I had her sometimes going against the alliance...but never thought how she felt going against her own people.

As long as she doesn't kill she doesn't mind though. If it's a job that has her outright kill, or require killing of another Night Elf she will turn it down, not wanting to hurt one of her own. There are times, though, where it is unavoidable...she tries to find a way so that she won't have to do it, but if it's kill or be killed she won't hesitate. She will, however, feel horrible about it afterwords and likely hit the tavern.

Just a few points asked out of curiosity. Very solid bio.
    Thank you for reading it ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Yeah, I need to be more clear on that, I say 'collection', but it's really a few(6) different piles of weapons spread out. She doesn't take any with her aside from what she's using.

Depending on how close she is to the 'warehouses' she's either have them delivered or drop them off herself.

As for the places they are themselves, they are usually empty houses in villages that she either buys, or has the people living there take care of the stuffs.
    Six piles of weapons still sounds like a lot. But if she is storing them somewhere and is just grabbing one or two pieces at a time, that is fine.

I...actually never thought of that. I mean, I had her sometimes going against the alliance...but never thought how she felt going against her own people.

Fitting attitude for a mercenary. But with her past and her current occupation I just had to ask about this.
    And btw we all forget stuff like this when writing bios. Something like this needs another pair of eyes.

Thank you for reading it ^_^
    No need to thank me; I like reading Bios : )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Six piles of weapons still sounds like a lot. But if she is storing them somewhere and is just grabbing one or two pieces at a time, that is fine.
    Well, the reasoning for the six piles isn't due to the number of weapons, but for accessibility. She has them fairly spread(2 on Kalimdor and 4 on EK), and it just makes it easier if she ever needs to get to a stockhouse. It also makes it easier for her to visit and re-admire them while roaming :3

Fitting attitude for a mercenary. But with her past and her current occupation I just had to ask about this.
    And btw we all forget stuff like this when writing bios. Something like this needs another pair of eyes.

No need to thank me; I like reading Bios : )
    It was quite fun to write, as well. ^^