Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DBM Vs BigWigs Advice.

Hey, so as Im setting up my ui I start thinking about whether I should stick with DBM which has been fairly simple over the years, or switch it up and try Big Wigs or even a different boss mod then these two.

What do you suggest and what do you use, what are the differences that made you choose one or the other? Advice is muchly appreciated, thanks

**note if it makes a difference, I am currently using Elv Ui which i believe works well with bigwigs.

DXE. Just saying.

dxe is awesome i loved it all wrath but 2 day ago i testd it for magmaw h , and dont have timer for Phew =((( , plus big wigs is awesome ( the count down message and alot of shit ) but i live dxe skin D:
    i will stay with big wigs for now

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it". Ever heard of that one?

BigWigs or DXE (or whatever it's called now) will give absolutely nothing vital that DBM does not do, and being familiar with one addon is worth more than big pile of small tweaks that doesn't give any real value, just adds to encounter learning curve.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    BigWigs or DXE (or whatever it's called now) will give absolutely nothing vital that DBM does not do
    Look at the quality of code, look at the frequency of updates, look at the unique features (like graphical proximity finder), look at the history of the addon, look at what the top guilds are using. BigWigs, no questions.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". Ever heard of that one?

BigWigs or DXE (or whatever it's called now) will give absolutely nothing vital that DBM does not do, and being familiar with one addon is worth more than big pile of small tweaks that doesn't give any real value, just adds to encounter learning curve.
    Some people value customization. DBM has literraly no customization, whereas DXE lets you customize literally every single option (Color, screen flash, sound, etc..)

I thought deus vox was going to beat them both but I guess its dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    Some people value customization. DBM has literraly no customization, whereas DXE lets you customize literally every single option (Color, screen flash, sound, etc..)
    OMG Color and Sound, how can we EVER live without our pink warnings!

It used to be DXE, but it lacked updates for quite a while and now it's BigWigs. the graphical proximity is just so good that if the rest of bigwigs sucked I would use it anyway.

But bigwigs is imo better than DBM. with the emphazised bars it's easier to see what important things are coming, and the small bars that might be 5 minutes to countdown is not very visible and in the way as DBMs' bars is. And the voice countdown is a nice feature aswell. Sometimes it misses some seconds (mostly 5 and 4) but aslong as it has 3,2,1. It is kinda good to have a audiovisual feedback instead of only a visual. It put you up in the game better.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

well with bigwigs I the problem I saw was Corla in Blackrock.
    The only thing I saw interrupting a beam was a big 80 on the screen.
    No stack counter and no timer for the stacks to drop.

that was some time ago maybe they modified it.

I haven't used BigWigs since BC, tbh I didn't even know it' still existed. I'd stick with DBM. Tried and true, it's what most people use and because of that, the warnings (even if they're a little bit off) will be at the same time throughout the raid.

Radar Controllers Do it in the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    I thought deus vox was going to beat them both but I guess its dead now.
    DXE is back, there is a new person updating it.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidus View Post
    I haven't used BigWigs since BC, tbh I didn't even know it' still existed. I'd stick with DBM. Tried and true, it's what most people use and because of that, the warnings (even if they're a little bit off) will be at the same time throughout the raid.
    That's a really good point to make.
    Although I really do want to try a new one now given the praise

used dxe here too, but it didnt worked in cata.. so i switched to dbm. bigwigs is a very good alternative too, no doubt, but i've stopped using it during bt/hyjal because of dxe :]
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Deleted
    I use DBM myself, and I've noticed people having timers go wrong with BigWigs, our raid leader has some times called stuff that were off by several seconds. And DBM just works, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Daud View Post
    Look at the quality of code
    Show me an end user who gives a damn about the quality of code.

Quote Originally Posted by Daud View Post
    look at the history of the addon
    look at the frequency of updates
    Those are the reasons why I switched from BigWigs to DBM at the end of TBC. Lack of updates and BW blew up for weeks after every single major patch of TBC.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    ill dont use any Boss ecounter addon. becuse ive was to lazy to update it.
    OT DBM since it's the only one ive used

doesnt rly matter; personally i prefer DXE because it looks rly awesome and fits my UI. all addons, dbm, bigwigs, dxe, etc, are all enough accurate

10+ Year Old Account
    BigWigs
    /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a big advocate of DXE in Wrath, switched to BigWigs when we started Cata hardmodes and there were still no updates and I haven't looked back.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________