Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    with how easily Barca dealt with Man Utd I hope that people take a new perspective on the Spanish League. The rest of the teams in that league have to deal with Barcelona all of the time rather than once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by sherenei View Post
    Aha, sure, U are wrong, Deal with it PLEASE, if u only know barça and madrid it's your problem.
    Last year's Europe league champion was At. Madrid, (yes, from la liga), Villareal (from la liga), was in the seminfinal this year, 7-4 vs oporto as final result, in this years champions there were three spanish teams in the round of 16, just behind the premier with four teams and equal with Calcio league.
    In the last six years, the champions has come to spain three times, all to barcelona, and the UEFA supercup?, five times since 2002, Real madrid, Valencia, Sevilla (against barça), barça and At. Madrid the last one... and what about UEFA Europe league?.. oh right... 4 times to spain since 2004, Valencia, Sevilla, Sevilla and At. Madrid.

There is no othr league with these numbers in the most recent history, so repeat again what u said pls
    Your not looking at the league as a whole. The spanish league is weak.
    Sure the teams do well in europe. You can't deny that.
    Hell alot of spanish teams can beat English teams. but there's more to a league than just european success.

I am quite happy with the win. I think barca is the best team from all the leagues. they got everything from good players to good strategy, and luck favors them every time. English teams lacks at some places which need to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    PLD PTS
    1 FC Porto 30 84
    2 Benfica 30 63
    3 Sporting 30 48

Clearly the worst league in europe. :P

C'mon!!! who wins any league by 21 points seriously!
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also might i add......(im from england btw)

Barcelona (from spain) won La liga 3 times in a row. Won the champions league. AGAIN.

Spain won the world cup. Will probz win the euros next year.

Anyone who said in this thread spain has a weak league needs their head examined.
    Most probz bitter united fans raging coz they got show up on live t.v. AGAIN.

/sigh most united fans i know atleast admitted they wer beaten by the better team.
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

2 comments.
    1) take away the 'sportsmanship' part of it, and what Barca did to Madrid in the semi-final was tactically brilliant. Madrid was perfectly happy to sit back and play the 0-0 draw all the way into leg 2 and then all the way into penalties. It was complete anti-football. They sat back and went in hard in their own half. They knew what they were doing. Barca did the only sane thing to do. Earned free kicks. You don't like it then you don't like the rules of the sport.

2) United were lucky they didn't get a few cards. They were really getting frustrated and their tackles started getting desperate. But really it was pretty clear that the two best teams in the competition this year were Barca and Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by bravesirrobin View Post
    Also might i add......(im from england btw)

Barcelona (from spain) won La liga 3 times in a row. Won the champions league. AGAIN.

Spain won the world cup. Will probz win the euros next year.

Anyone who said in this thread spain has a weak league needs their head examined.
    Most probz bitter united fans raging coz they got show up on live t.v. AGAIN.

/sigh most united fans i know atleast admitted they wer beaten by the better team.
    You're missing the point.

National teams have nothing to do with the leagues, its apples and oranges.

Barcelona are streets ahead of any team at the moment, i'd wager if they were able to play in it, they would comfortably win the world cup as a team.

However, the Spanish league as a whole is undeniably not as competitive as the German, Italian or English. Aside from the top two there is rarely a "giant killing" akin to those you see in other leagues due to less of a gap in resources.

This is, in my opinion partly due to the better spreading of wealth i.e. TV rights and other financial rewards in the other leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisen View Post

This is, in my opinion partly due to the better spreading of wealth i.e. TV rights and other financial rewards in the other leagues.
    This is your best point. The money that Barca and Madrid have at their disposal is more than the rest of the teams in the league combined.

Still, the other lesser teams are still competitive in Europe. Sevilla has won the UEFA Cup numerous times, Atletico Madrid won it last year. Villarreal (whose whole town could fit in their stadium) made it to the semifinals this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sherenei View Post
    If the international success is not enough for you, what do u use to say if a league is weak or not?, the economy of the country?, topics?, because i get your point if it's that
    lots of other factors
    such as quality of officials, the drama (covers most things tbh), transfers, the unknown etc.