Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock leveling

Hey, i just rerolled a warlock because it seemed really funny to play, im lvl 40 now and its starting to become really really boring because it takes time to kill a mob, i almost never crit and my pet cant hold aggro, my rotation is: Immo > Corr > Hand of guldan > wand, i HATE shadowbolt because of its slow casting time and it deals no to low damage, help me out here, i play as demonology, i really want to play the class and cant wait till lvl 64 for incinerate, any other option?

10+ Year Old Account
    just go affliction and multi dot it like its hot with drain life as a filler. Demo feels slow because it is slow, that wont even change with 2000 haste.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    just go affliction and multi dot it like its hot with drain life as a filler. Demo feels slow because it is slow, that wont even change with 2000 haste.
    My cousin tells me that affli isnt good anymore after they changed that healing talent when corruption ticks, and yes, this is my first caster..

Quote Originally Posted by koota View Post
    Hey, i just rerolled a warlock because it seemed really funny to play, im lvl 40 now and its starting to become really really boring because it takes time to kill a mob, i almost never crit and my pet cant hold aggro, my rotation is: Immo > Corr > Hand of guldan > wand, i HATE shadowbolt because of its slow casting time and it deals no to low damage, help me out here, i play as demonology, i really want to play the class and cant wait till lvl 64 for incinerate, any other option?
    Try a different spec. If you still don't like it you probably won't like it later on.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, you never crit b/c you don't have a lot of int or crit yet, your pet will be holding agro unless your using the wrong pet b/c you just said yourself your not criting so your damage will be consistent and not filled with large spikes of damage so your voidwalker (you are using the voidwalker right?) should be doing the jobb. Is his taunt on? Your rotation is part of the problem, I wouldn't bother with corruption, the mob isn't going to be alive long enough to matter. Spamming shadowbolt / conflag, etc, it boring, but it gets the job done very quickly. Warlocks aren't a lot of fun to level imho, I thought the grind from 40-70 was a bit boring b/c the gear just didn't really match up with what I wanted.

It's kind of like when I just leveled a fresh boomkin to 85. There was a very long period of time in which I didn't even bother to look at leather armor b/c due to the changes in boomkin gearing (haste chickens not crit chickens anymore), all of the leather that was quest rewards or boss drops was int and crit, no haste, while the spellcaster gear had spirit haste int and stam, a hell of a lot better for me. Once I got past the hump and caught up to where the gear was itemized properly it went much faster.

Just keep your head down and push forward and I swear it'll be over quick. A good idea might be to sit down with AtlasLoot and Wowhead and plan out a leveling map for yourself, figure out which zones and factions will give you the best rewards as you progress. Getting the right piece of gear can really make your damage shoot through the roof. Try and look forward to 85, now is a great time to hit that level cap, lots of people trying to finish up raids, achievements, etc before Firelands. My Boomkin hit 85 and was running ZA when I woke up the next morning, only had the toon for 3 weeks and it took less than a day to get him geared enough to have real fun.

i use the felguard at the moment, but i think im going to specc affliction because of the multi killing capacities it have

from what i've seen leveling casters.... the mob should die before reaching u if u knw wht ur doing with ur spells

Deleted
    The mob should be dead way before it ever reaches you or you are doing something very wrong. Levelling with the FG is one of the easiest way you can level.
    At your level you can also try affli with the void as pet, multu dot and kill, rinse and repeat. Also use drain life instead of SB.

If demo you use felguard, hand of guldan, immolate then shadowbolt or incinerate when you get it..Dont use dots they are worthless at that level unless your on a boss then use bane of doom and corruption....Its all about the felguard and when he gets whirlwind its even easier. Drain life is probally better than dots aswell for demo at that level...

Reroll a mage, Blizz will fck you even more up as further up you get. They have ruined locks compared to mages.
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

armida, im used to playing a class thats not played by many nor loved by blizzard, ive played a hunter and a warrior and ive loved it, my mind is set on a warlock, im gonna try affli now

not played by many nor loved by blizzard
    warrior
    Oh lord.

Also, warlocks are awesome right now, both in PvE and PvP, Armida must be having a stroke or something.

On topic: Try a different spec. Destro has faster nukes. Affliction has more powerful dots so you can just dot up a mob and move on.

Deleted
    I play wlock since... the beggining. In the past it was something like that "start lvling in affli with void and after getting felguard, go with demo". But now it would be something like go demo and RAPE EVERYTHING with your felguard(since he's avalible after 10lvl ROFL!). And then, maybe at lvl 70+ go with affli and multidoting, which I do not recommend. Dunno... somehow demo is awesome for me in lvling. Mby I am wrong, but... how could it not be awesome if you can keep MANY mobs on felguard(who kills them quite fast, especially with whirlwind ) and still multidoting them(immo, corru, BoA). And you have demon form which makes killing elites just a piece of cake.
    /tldr Go demo, much easier and faster imo

Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    Reroll a mage, Blizz will fck you even more up as further up you get. They have ruined locks compared to mages.
    This is unfortunately true :<

But locks have climate, which mages can only dream about. Not THAT climate from vanilla, but... still cool. ^^

Deleted
    Roll Affliction.
    Dot Several mobs up,
    Let them get close, Instant howl of terror, Life tap for mana (if you need it) Drain life them down, if they get too close, Sac Voidy for a bubble and Rain of fire whats left to death, Rinse repeat

Warlocks are fun/annoying to lvl. They used to be the most lore intense class, ie to get your pwts u used to have to do these awsomr quest chains and comb the world for stuff. Now without that blizz has made locks prity much useless compaired to mages, they screw with our class every patch and now demo is the only real option for lvling until u need to do damage then destructo

As Demon you should be spreading DOTs to multiple mobs. 5 or more. Felguard whirlwind so he gets aggro, and by the time that is done everything should be dead. As for wand, not the best source of damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Roll Affliction.
    Dot Several mobs up,
    Let them get close, Instant howl of terror, Life tap for mana (if you need it) Drain life them down, if they get too close, Sac Voidy for a bubble and Rain of fire whats left to death, Rinse repeat
    ^^This.

It's perfect till outlands then roll demo and pwn with a felguard, round up 4-10 mobs and aoe them down, i've just dinged 85 on mine and this is what i did.

Deleted
    Just let Fellguard kill everyone Axe Toss ~ Felstorm should kill any mob around your level.

Don't ever wand... Wand's are only used as stat sticks... unfortunately... I wish we could wand in between casts or something... such as melee classes... They can autoattack while still being able to use special melee abilities...

Demo from 10-20, Affli from 20-60, destro or demo from 60-70, demo from 70-85 That's from my own experience.

As affli you run around multidotting as many as possible.

And for pet vs single target while leveling: Succubus glyphed is supreme, followed by Fel Hound.