Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesemar View Post
    I'm going to try this trial out, and see how it goes. Just for reference, what's the Aion endgame like?
    75% PvP 25% PvE.

That said theres a shiny new 50 boss dungeon that came with 2.5, along with one of regular size. So I guess it's more 66%/34% now.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Yes leveling takes longer per level. Yes the higher you go (in levels) the more XP is needed to get to the next. This game is NO more of a grind than WoW or Rift. WoW's 84-85 'grind' is worse than any level I've done in Aion. So much as I -hate- leveling thru Cata, due to that one damn level!
    Where is there any form of grind in cata? You do Hyjal/Vashj'ir till 81 or 82 (you can get to 82 by simply completing one of those zones, you don't need to go into both), then go to Deepholme for another level (or more if you like. If you're smart and do the Therazane quests while leveling you'll end up being way over lvl83 after being done). In Uldum you do 83-84 and then you do a few quests in the start of the Highlands zone and you're 85 without any grind, at all.

Aion was so terrible back when I played it. It's an asian-grindfest MMO with bad controls.

So sad so many people will fall for NCSofts crap and then realize the game is still a grind fest.

The only reason why I quit the game is because my computer couldn't handle it

So I doubt it can handle it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Where is there any form of grind in cata? You do Hyjal/Vashj'ir till 81 or 82 (you can get to 82 by simply completing one of those zones, you don't need to go into both), then go to Deepholme for another level (or more if you like. If you're smart and do the Therazane quests while leveling you'll end up being way over lvl83 after being done). In Uldum you do 83-84 and then you do a few quests in the start of the Highlands zone and you're 85 without any grind, at all.
    That's what I'm saying. 84-85 is worse than any level I've done in Aion. And it annoys me cause I've done it 5 times now lol. Thanks for helping me prove my 'grind is gone' post :P

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Aion was so terrible back when I played it. It's an asian-grindfest MMO with bad controls.
    lolol read other posts. Grind is no worse than WoW or Rift. Patches 1.9 and 2.1 'fixed' it.

Controls take 30 mins to get used to, but they're more 'meh' than 'bad.'

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Is it true that you can't monitor dps / dame-taken etc?

I'm not saying that recount is all that matters, but well, if you can't even compare/analyse..!?
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-05-29 at 05:40 PM.

Hmm, I am in-game at the moment - I have to say this is quite possibly the worst MMO I have played since RF Online <--- and that was bad - I will stick to the 'good ones' i think (WoW + Rift)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post

I'm not saying that recount is all that matters, but well, if you can't even compare/analyse..!?
    You can just use a damage parser. It's what my guild used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post

Who cares about your silly numbers?! play the game, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    That's what I'm saying. 84-85 is worse than any level I've done in Aion. And it annoys me cause I've done it 5 times now lol. Thanks for helping me prove my 'grind is gone' post :P

lolol read other posts. Grind is no worse than WoW or Rift. Patches 1.9 and 2.1 'fixed' it.

ok how about fail one manastone and it destroys them all?? nope not fixed...easily 50 kinah gone....how about fail one enchant and lose one?? how about gear not enchanted = you are useless in pvp???

They ever make it so Lannoks GS drops yet?? NOPE!! 150 runs later and still no GS. Templars are useless in pvp...Sorcs are Buff to god mode status.

Do not let these little rp'n guys on Israphel try and convince you a dying game is alright. That game is still extremely broken. Whoever said Aion was 75% pvp needs to get off the crack pipe.

Maybe it is 75% pvp, but after rank 2 people avoid pvp like the plaque and pve ALL DAY. The amount of AP lost after each death after rank 2 is easily more then a days worth of work. God forbid you are an officer because that is a 2-4 days worth of work just gone. AION IS A GRIND FEST.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post

Alright, so they lessened the grind, that's good. It's too bad about the controls though, they're pretty terrible. Not being able to move until a cast animation is finished sucks and everything feels sticky and slow.

You keep on playing it though, no skin off my back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played back during release and the graphics are super amazing, pvp was fun, combat was good, the only problem was the grind and low dungeon drop rates

15+ Year Old Account
    Tried it. Feels so clunky and meh
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really a companies last resort in term of trying to convince a market to buy their product. Just sayin'

I hope they succeed, althougt i dont play the game anymore. I enjoyed being in the beta, but the game took too much time and the computer I was on didnt really worked for it. I still won't try it, as im just going to focus on less time-consuming games.

well i havent tried it yet... got convinced to try it this time (since its for freeeeeeee)
    downloading already

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of opinions seem highly biaised with such arguments : It sucked 2/1 years ago and still does (without having played it).

Its understandable that a company who you gave to about 60-100$ ,without really giving really being satisfied, will make you say bad things about. But i don't think its a good representation of the people testing the new patch, lets hear them!

Do I seriously have to download 13 gig to play the trial?

I enjoyed this game Alot!.....until i hit level 30 then omg wtf grindfest.

And no that wasn't years ago and i dont care how much it's improved. That was just last month and it was horrible.

Great combat mechanics, great visuals, terrible execution.

Played it. Game became more clunky and resource-hogging than at release. The design of game client and Launcher is terrible beyound words. The patching mechanism is terrible and actually degraded from what was at launch.

The combat is very boring, you just watch your character autoattacking while click 1 or 2 skill icons each 5..10 seconds. You can hardly take a single mob of your level without healing or resting for 30 seconds.

Quests are grindy and boring. You have no mount and have to run or "fly" for 30-40 sec. to get everywhere, usually in very remote locations.

Money for hearthstone binding, for resurrection, for spellcasting or melee hitting, for (tiered) skills, for each piece of gear as there's no quest rewards, and world drops are exquisitely rare.

Trivial things like abyssmal UI, butchered English everywhere.

If you value your time and 16 GB of download limit, do not play.