Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I liked Aion when it first came out, I really did... but... it just became another Korean grind game and the quests were not fun in the least bit, I was lost in the story of it and the mechanics were clunky, flight was fun for the first time I tried it out but again that was clunky as all hell as well. I like that they're improving the game but it's not going to be enough to bring me away from WoW and Rift, just not enough drive to get me to gouge my eyeballs out with a hot spork.

i played for a lil bit since patch..same game better graphics..although i do look pretty in a cape

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treepunch View Post
    he runs BT and udas every day (6 mans), he tells me he doesnt enjoy it, yet continues doing it every single day, because that is all there is to the endgame, he's lucky to get 1 'gold' (equivalent of an epic) a month, simply because the drop chance of the boss dropping ANYTHING is so low

theres no elitism because everyone who plays it sucks balls, all bosses are tank and spank with random aggro, no damagemeter whatsoever so you have no real clue of how bad people suck

group compositions REQUIRE a templar, cleric, chanter, sorc. so thats 4/6 places that have to be taken, most requiring a spiritmaster too, making it 5/6.

the reason i say there is no community is because there is nothing to be a community about, how can you theorycraft when you have no figures, how can you discuss stuff, when no one knows anything.

not to mention it will likely take you anything from 1 hour+ to even find a group
    So is the same like 2 years ago except more better graphic.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstryder View Post
    I enjoyed this game Alot!.....until i hit level 30 then omg wtf grindfest.

And no that wasn't years ago and i dont care how much it's improved. That was just last month and it was horrible.

Great combat mechanics, great visuals, terrible execution.
    I don't understand this how is that any different than wow? and that is just during levelling. and how are other mmo's not grindfests? take 4.2 for wow for example you have 7 bosses to kill for the next 4+ months, riveting stuff right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Treepunch View Post
    he runs BT and udas every day (6 mans), he tells me he doesnt enjoy it, yet continues doing it every single day, because that is all there is to the endgame, he's lucky to get 1 'gold' (equivalent of an epic) a month, simply because the drop chance of the boss dropping ANYTHING is so low

theres no elitism because everyone who plays it sucks balls, all bosses are tank and spank with random aggro, no damagemeter whatsoever so you have no real clue of how bad people suck

group compositions REQUIRE a templar, cleric, chanter, sorc. so thats 4/6 places that have to be taken, most requiring a spiritmaster too, making it 5/6.

the reason i say there is no community is because there is nothing to be a community about, how can you theorycraft when you have no figures, how can you discuss stuff, when no one knows anything.

not to mention it will likely take you anything from 1 hour+ to even find a group
    Sounds like vanilla WoW. Not a bad thing AT ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    If that is what you consider fun then have at it. I myself like flexibility in a game.. OMFG I like having options on how to build my toon, what role it will play and what there is to do in the End game. Fail to Play Aion says it all if you like Grind then its perfect but then again there are hundreds of Asian grindy MMO that fit that description.

Deleted
    Don't bother buying if you enjoy PvE. If you are in to PvP Aion has more to offer than WoW though. It's a shame it has such low population and most of them are not very social.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I have to say some of those are impressive changes, especially the mentor system to promote higher levels teaching new players. That's quite an ingenious idea.

It's impressive to see well established MMOs take steps to improve themselves.
    umm that was in AoC

Played the game recently and while some things have improved it's still the same Aion i left a year ago. Such a shame because the game is so pretty to look at. I think that reason alone made me stick with it as long as i did.

I played the free trial for a few hours a week or so ago, to me it felt like playing a slightly upgraded version of runescape

10+ Year Old Account
    been playing the game for 2 days now, haven't played since release month. IMO it has improved quite a lot. Some of the improvements are lazy fixes (free items each level) but they do the job, making the grind a bit less.
    There's some fun changes though. (Some of those are not exactly brand new)
    Solo dungeons are quite nice.
    Mentor system works to level fast trough annoying bits
    etc.

I don't plan on playing an MMO hardcore till gw2 comes out, but aion is OK for me to play casually till that happens

Deleted
    I really want to like Aion but some of the annoying bits are really hard to overlook.

Especially the controls, like you can't move til cast animations are finished, the Gcd mechanic is really awkward, and the click move system [even turned off, yr character still moves towards stuff when you click it or cast at it]...just really really annoying.

Maybe the worst part is forced sticky targetting - oof.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 11:54 PM ----------

That being said, your wings and spell effects are gorgeous, feels very epic. Could have been put together a lot better though.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I really want to like Aion but some of the annoying bits are really hard to overlook.

Especially the controls, like you can't move til cast animations are finished, the Gcd mechanic is really awkward, and the click move system [even turned off, yr character still moves towards stuff when you click it or cast at it]...just really really annoying.

Maybe the worst part is forced sticky targetting - oof.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 11:54 PM ----------

That being said, your wings and spell effects are gorgeous, feels very epic. Could have been put together a lot better though.
    I'm fairy certain all of those things can be solved by looking at the options menu, I think its move to target and sticky targeting is easy to turn off.

I have never enjoyed grinding creatures for experience, but i chose to pick up Aion on release. Having never played a Korean MMO I didn't know what was in store for future levels. Got to I think level 27 and i did the first dungeon, i was greatly disappointed when the dungeon was entirely tank and spank fights no thought at all. Now i research into MMOs alot more. Korean MMOs imo have terrible gameplay but their graphics are just astounding. (Ex. FF14, insane graphics, awful gameplay.)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadlobster View Post
    I have never enjoyed grinding creatures for experience, but i chose to pick up Aion on release. Having never played a Korean MMO I didn't know what was in store for future levels. Got to I think level 27 and i did the first dungeon, i was greatly disappointed when the dungeon was entirely tank and spank fights no thought at all. Now i research into MMOs alot more. Korean MMOs imo have terrible gameplay but their graphics are just astounding. (Ex. FF14, insane graphics, awful gameplay.)
    I hardly think that is a fair assessment, the entirety of wow up until level 85 content is tank and spank and even then... thats like basing wow off the first instance RFC the instance in aion is called training grounds.

Uhh, they prettied up lvl 1-20. The trial is great, but don't buy the game because at level 25 or 35 at the very latest the game gets so freaking grindy you could probably come up with the solution to reconcile general relativity with gravity in the time you hit even level 50 or at least it feels that way. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So sad so many people will fall for NCSofts crap and then realize the game is still a grind fest.
    Not to mention that unless you play on the Korean servers, you will feel like you're being treated as an afterthought by the company. Korea will get events and promotions and other goodies for free that you will be lucky to see as an item purchasable in the store ($5 to $10 for a one character on one account item...price gouging anyone?) or in their half-ass excuse for a digital magazine.

So even if someone likes a grindy game, the company still treats NA like shit.

Tried it, rolled a Sorc, got to 35 and went, man what a grind fest and canceled sub.. other than the grindfest, i thought i enjoyed the game.. Abyss pvp was fun if you were in a group.. Fortress Sieges were pretty much unbearable at certain times, ppl with high end rigs crashing white bodies vs red bodies pvp sort of thing..

Zikel's Widsom + Inferno was hot though =p

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got to 20 on the free trial and with all the stuff they've added at the low levels it was even better than the first time, I played definitely going to resub I loved Aion the only reason I left is cause my friends went back to WoW so i followed now that WoW is almost a skeleton game to me and my friends quit to I can see myself sticking with Aion.