Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treepunch View Post
    i used to play aion, back when it was 'new' and 'interesting' then stopped once i reached 50, because after grinding for months to get shit all content was dissapointing to say the least, i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole now

maybe my housemate does play on a quiet server, idk. but the times when i have walked in his room while he's playing he's either stood turreting on his sorc, or turret healing as his cleric, or on the odd occasion he's exploiting game mechanics because everyone is too crap at the game to kill a boss properly.

levelling is still practically unchanged compared to launch, it still takes forever for anything to die, and literally an hour to craft something.

sure, i have no problem with people playing it, but i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, and neither would my housemate, because its total korean garbage.
    Leveling has changed a lot actually, there are many more quests and I recall leveling from 20-30 just by crafting.

I agree that it's not recommendable to anyone who isn't familiar with it's play style, but it's hard to tell people to not give it a try when there's a free trial. It's a PvP first game so if that doesn't interest you it's not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Leveling has changed a lot actually, there are many more quests and I recall leveling from 20-30 just by crafting.

I agree that it's not recommendable to anyone who isn't familiar with it's play style, but it's hard to tell people to not give it a try when there's a free trial. It's a PvP first game so if that doesn't interest you it's not worth your time.
    How's the PvP balance? Whoever zergs the PvP areas with the most people or changed up somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Focault View Post
    How's the PvP balance? Whoever zergs the PvP areas with the most people or changed up somehow?
    I haven't played it in over a year but it suffers imbalance like most MMOs do. There used to be mass faction imbalance until they implemented free server transfers that balanced that out a lot more. It's basically though whoever zergs the areas with the most people for the most part though, at least when I played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say some of those are impressive changes, especially the mentor system to promote higher levels teaching new players. That's quite an ingenious idea.

It's impressive to see well established MMOs take steps to improve themselves.
    mentor system has been done in many free to play mmos like jade dynasty

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 01:26 AM ----------

i wasnt aware of it being pvp focused when i bought it so yeah i kinda regret getting the LCE

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligerio View Post
    Check this out http://gameguide.uk.aiononline.com/a...pyrean+Calling

You can find http://uk.aiononline.com/freetrial - free trial here aswell!
    Check the trailer out on the link above here z

The game has CHANGED ALOT, pretty epic
    There's already a big Aion thread in the gaming part of the forum.
    Please do a proper search before posting new topics.

Deleted
    it would be fine being a pvp first game if they focused on that, it still stands that if the other team has an SM while you dont in dredgion, you may as well quit.

instead they continue rolling out pve content (6 months after it was released in korea), opposed to balancing pvp

everyone is entitled to their opinions and to play what they want, i'm just saying that anyone who does put time in will (more then likely) not be rewarded

but hey, not gonna re-open this thread after this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerio View Post
    Check this out http://gameguide.uk.aiononline.com/a...pyrean+Calling

You can find http://uk.aiononline.com/freetrial - free trial here aswell!
    Check the trailer out on the link above here z

The game has CHANGED ALOT, pretty epic
    manastoning and enchanting are still completely broken..please do not listen to this bull shit. The pvp is severely gear based and rng based still. Mages has close 2.7k magic boost and they hit like flat bed trucks...spam fear is in the game.....rangers have ridiculous cool downs.

Nothing has changed

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    It's a good year for MMORPGs. I'm waiting for SW:TOR and GW2 especially.
    As am I. I played Aion and tried to like it. Like Warhammer and Conan before it, i will never go back.

Moved to Video Games.

Deleted
    A very beautiful game that is, unfortunately, lacking depth. I tried it when it first came out, yet the grind and lack of community put me off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randgor View Post
    A very beautiful game that is, unfortunately, lacking depth. I tried it when it first came out, yet the grind and lack of community put me off it.
    But it has changed ALOT since it came out when you tried it. Try it again or google new YouTube videos 2.5

Deleted
    Aion is the second or third most popular MMO in the world, they have no reason to stop development on it.
    That is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    That is not true.
    Whocares Fun game fun!

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    That is not true.
    From what I can see after searching briefly, Aion seems to be number 2 (pun not intended!). It seems reasonable enough to be honest, if it still does have 3.5 mil subscribers, what other MMO would be more popular at the moment besides WoW?

I think everyone should try Aion trial now, with 2.5 there is many changes!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Aion when it first came out I spend most of my time Questing and pvping in the middle zone though when everyone was just starting, it had just come out i only got to 41 though because all my mates quit at about level 30 I did love the floating airship though, but I will agree all the fights were tank and spank with a sorc being required most runs.

I will probably give it another go either dust off my Spiritmaster or roll a Templar.

Look at this crazy customization!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The customisation was definitely the best part of Aion for me I could spend hours on that screen alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythias View Post
    The customisation was definitely the best part of Aion for me I could spend hours on that screen alone.
    Have you tried it in 2.5?

It was a pretty game, just too much of a grind for me, and my max level friends already left the game.