Thread: A new BG

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

A new BG

Okay, IoQ is pretty much AV in one way or another, you must kill the factions leader. BfG is like AB. The Twin Peaks are is like WSG.
    What do you think will be the next kind of BG? I don't think they'll make a third version of a BG,

You listed three different variants, forgot SotA, and still ask for a third version...?

I'd personally enjoy LESS BGs.

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

Pretty hard to come up with another concept that isn't just a deathmatch which is pretty much what most arenas are anyways

I'd personally prefer the removal of them all apart from Twin Peaks... But a new one ~ Preferably something where you can't just zerg a flag and hug it spamming AoE to win(Gilneas says haiiii!) or have retards ruin it by going for the flag instead of bases, lookin' at you EotS!

I'd be happy if they just took out ioc and strand tbh.

Every single IOC starts with 20 people saying how much they hate it, and strand is crap.

to be honest actually id like them to add a bg in what rift had designed.... 1 center flag where both teams fight for constant position of the flag and you scored based on how like your team holds the flag. i found its quite fun, its just constant fighting and always changing from the offensive to the defensive. basicly a giant custerfuck always around who ever who has the flag but its super fun since theres a new flag carrier almost every 30 sec.

I'd enjoy it if they would scrap Sota, Ilse and AV. They should just make another AB type Bg with a new map, and a new Eots type with a jungle map.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinja View Post
    to be honest actually id like them to add a bg in what rift had designed.... 1 center flag where both teams fight for constant position of the flag and you scored based on how like your team holds the flag. i found its quite fun, its just constant fighting and always changing from the offensive to the defensive. basicly a giant custerfuck always around who ever who has the flag but its super fun since theres a new flag carrier almost every 30 sec.
    That wouldn't ve viable, and less in rated, two guys will camp the flag while the other 8 just stops the other 10 from taking it while in a cliff or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to have something like this:

- Battleground of the size of WSG or AB
    - No objectives (cap flag, kill leader, control base)

- Win the faction who was more Killing Blows

And yes, I am tired of people going to WSG/AB and staying just fighting for HK. This would be cool and people would do their jobs on other BG's.

Pretty hard to come up with another concept that isn't just a deathmatch which is pretty much what most arenas are anyways
    Are you serious? Doing a new concept in this game would take no effort at all, all the BGs are small variants on a simple concept. Concept being the key word as executing new mechanics would force them to do some actual work.

Need a BG where holding onto a flag/ball is the objective. Can't think of what that's normally called atm. :x

I would like to see them do a BG dota style. You have waves of mobs going down the lanes and you need to fight your way to their HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    Need a BG where holding onto a flag/ball is the objective. Can't think of what that's normally called atm. :x
    I think this was called murderball in Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    - Win the faction who was more Killing Blows
    This is kind of awkward when it comes to BGs. If one side manages to overpower the other side, then the game will boil down to whoever can overpower the other team and start GY camping, unless they put in multiple GYs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    That wouldn't ve viable, and less in rated, two guys will camp the flag while the other 8 just stops the other 10 from taking it while in a cliff or something.
    its very very viable hence the single flag and nothing to play defense on, you either have the flag or you dont, think of other games that this works in as well such as halo for 1 example. plus have you even played rift? because if you can yes people try to run and hide but the mob is allwayss there constanting killing the flag carrier

I'd like to get a proper fix on current AV instead of a new BG, Horde towers are very ez to cap and def if u have pushback etc =P Ally towers are too big and not ez to def at all =P, capping takes too much time as well cus of being in need of killing most of the guards... yea I'm QQ'ing again, dont diss it =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a free for all BG :P

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 06:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    Has one of them in Rift (The Black Gardens), Hold onto an object aka Fang and closer to the middle of the BG get more points, closer to spawn least points etc.
    Last edited by Stixxz; 2011-05-29 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traigor View Post
    I'd like to get a proper fix on current AV instead of a new BG, Horde towers are very ez to cap and def if u have pushback etc =P Ally towers are too big and not ez to def at all =P, capping takes too much time as well cus of being in need of killing most of the guards... yea I'm QQ'ing again, dont diss it =P
    I hate AV. It totally needs a overhaul. Half of the features are never used. When is the is the last time you saw people summon the demiGod things? UGH AV is stupid. Cut it by about 30% and revamp the fun parts.

A Team Deathmatch would be cool to be honest lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a resource battleground in a setting like Uldum/Tanaris/Silithus tbh. And change the style of flags in AB/BfG with something maybe like Tol Barad.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple