Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Brotherhood follows the manga, the original doesn't follow manga as strict. Some like it others don't. But I think the manga story is a lil to boring in my opinion.

VIVA LELOUCH, Viva la Brittania!....sorry I just had too

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is all the new anime and ova movies coming out this fall

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't read that pic :P my tired old eyes can't read text that small, but....

is that Eva 3.33!! coming out Decemeber this year?! PLEASE let that be Eva 3.33 coming out Dec this year cause I've just finished watching 2.22 again and SERIOUSLY I can't wait much longer for the next part

**SPOILER**
    ANY OVA that ends with the end of the world, and there's two more films after? THAT is a series I have to like
    **END SPOILERS**

back on Topic FMA:Brotherhood follows the Manga story more closely, and is IMO MUCH MUCH better than the original series, which jumped the shark somewhat with the later episodes, don't bother with the original, just jump right in to brotherhood.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As stated, Brotherhood follows the manga better.
    Which has a better storyline in general. Fewer plotholes, better characters and imo it's both darker while having more humour. I amount that to the better writing.
    While I haven't seen all of brotherhood, the parts I have I liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved original FMA... Brotherhood sucked first couple episodes... stopped watching it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    I loved original FMA... Brotherhood sucked first couple episodes... stopped watching it
    ...Aren't the first couple episodes nearly identical?

Heard a lot of good things about Brotherhood, have yet to watch it myself though, I probably will sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    ...Aren't the first couple episodes nearly identical?
    The first episode of Brotherhood is entirely different with the Ice Alchemist, then they both converge on Loire. I think they spend less time on Loire in Brotherhood than in FMA, but that's because like everything in the first bit of Brotherhood it's rushed. They had a tough decision: loiter around and retell half of FMA before moving onto new content or zoom through it. For instance, while I think Maes Hughes funeral itself is better in Brotherhood, his death doesn't have nearly as much impact because he dies in episode 10 in Brotherhood but 25 in FMA; gives you a lot more time to know and love the character before his demise. Same to poor Nina; it's a one-episode deal in Brotherhood where they meet her and lose her, while in FMA they stay for several episodes at the house before the tragedy strikes.

So I don't remember both series well enough as to whether they're "nearly identical" but I know that they diverge pretty fast in terms of pacing.

As much as I adored Maes as a character, when they went into him and his family etc in the original series it got a little annoying. Mainly as I didn't really like how the original series side tracked and became a little too "slice of life" anime for my liking. Stuff like, for example, in the original when Ed and Al were trapped on the island and left to train was terrible and went on too long. Brotherhood just had the right idea with cutting this.

So Brotherhood feels a little rushed, but a lot happens and they move on a lot faster. Plus it does people who know the series the kindness of a more compact set up to the story as well as filling in on what it is.

All in all, in the first series the humunculi annoyed me, the "alternate world" ending annoyed me as they set up this magical world then cheapened it in my mind, and it just seemed all over the place at some points. Brotherhood just is flawless in storytelling, a little rushed in characterisation for *minor* characters (Nina yes was another one - to be honest I'm glad as I had enough problems watching that part the first time round) but it doesn't take a lot away. Plus Brotherhood has Armstrong's badass sister, the first series didn't.