Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Season 10 :( and PvP

i don't like how they keep the gear looking real similliar. for Season 11 i reckon they should completely change it and make it look fackin' awesome !

o yeah, anyone else miss wotlk pvp? i miss mutilate taking out half peoples health

Quote Originally Posted by iPvP View Post
    i don't like how they keep the gear looking real similliar. for Season 11 i reckon they should completely change it and make it look fackin' awesome !

o yeah, anyone else miss wotlk pvp? i miss mutilate taking out half peoples health
    i like cata pvp alot more. now it takes some time to kill someone. not just stun him and wtf insta bbq his ass

the guy above me must not be playing against any frostdk/warrior/healer teams in 3s

i hate that it takes ages to kill someone. healers are pretty much impossible to kill now 1v1 unless their really under-geared. i love killing people fast

i just hate that if the shitter grinded gear for like 4 months he has all the gear possible minus 2.2k weps. so annoying when im playing on my alts

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate that it takes ages to kill someone. healers are pretty much impossible to kill now 1v1 unless their really under-geared. i love killing people fast
    lol.. doesn't take ages, just need the right execution setup Aka stuns, ccs, silences

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    lol.. doesn't take ages, just need the right execution setup Aka stuns, ccs, silences
    Nah, it takes ages, maybe not in 3v3, but 1v1, it takes ages. I miss WotLK PvP. I've basically stopped playing retail and I've been playing 3.3.5 for about two weeks. Loving it. Back then, if you were retarded, you stayed at low ratings. Now, if you play a FOTM class with a FOTM setup, you can get 2200+.

And I wish Blizzard would start balancing this game around 1v1. Someone had to say it.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2011-05-29 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post10652372 <----datamined pvp set/weapons.

I also do kinda prefer WOTLK. The game just seemed more balanced in PVP. I could take out anything just as easily as they could take out me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    I also do kinda prefer WOTLK. The game just seemed more balanced in PVP. I could take out anything just as easily as they could take out me.
    EXACTLY this. I couldn't have worded it better myself.

And I remember back then all the things people called cookie-cutter setups... Oh god that's laughable compared to now. Everyone has the same spec/gemming/gear now.

The Gear from s5 - 8 the gear progressed, look at warrior it builds up to this AMAZING looking set by then end.

Wrathful warrior is the best looking set in the game imo.

I miss TBC pvp, when resto druid used to be big bad bear and charge all around the map then switch to travel form and pillar kite and throw some hots between and again charge with big bad bear.. just loved it.. and hemo specced rogues etc :P

Wotlk pvp was ok, actually moonkin was good in arena back there.
    asd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Nah, it takes ages, maybe not in 3v3, but 1v1, it takes ages. I miss WotLK PvP. I've basically stopped playing retail and I've been playing 3.3.5 for about two weeks. Loving it. Back then, if you were retarded, you stayed at low ratings. Now, if you play a FOTM class with a FOTM setup, you can get 2200+.

And I wish Blizzard would start balancing this game around 1v1. Someone had to say it.
    True that, but 1v1 is always like that when you play against skilled players ^^ Can either last long or very short and still game isn't balanced around 1v1 :3

But agree, WOTLK PvP in 1v1,2v2,3v3 scenarios was pretty decent

balancing around 1v1 so your ego can show off you're cool duel ratio and playtime?

If you could blow up a healer 1v1 really fast, what hope would he have of keeping himself and his partner alive against 2 players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i like cata pvp alot more. now it takes some time to kill someone. not just stun him and wtf insta bbq his ass
    No it doesn't. TSG anyone? Christmas cleave? Mages?

Cataclysm PvP is a joke as far as s9 goes. A complete and utter joke. But then again, so was s5 (although not this outrageous), so hopefully it'll get better overtime and they can actually achieve some form of balance by next season or the one after.

As much as I hate to say this, I actually miss Wrath of the Lich King arena. Elemental shamans and destro warlocks everywhere, LSD, Hitler cleave, even destro/ele/priest, sure, but look at this shit now? Virtually EVERY high rated team has either a warlock, a resto shaman or a DK. Or all fucking 3 of them. At least back then there were tons more viable specs/comps/etc. I can think of like, more than 10 rank 1 viable setups (at least top 20+) in WotLK that didn't have an elemental shaman nor a warlock, and in all honesty, I can think of maybe ONE (RMP) setup that can get high without having a lock/frost DK/rshaman in it.

It's depressing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    No it doesn't. TSG anyone? Christmas cleave? Mages?

Cataclysm PvP is a joke as far as s9 goes. A complete and utter joke. But then again, so was s5 (although not this outrageous), so hopefully it'll get better overtime and they can actually achieve some form of balance by next season or the one after.

As much as I hate to say this, I actually miss Wrath of the Lich King arena. Elemental shamans and destro warlocks everywhere, LSD, Hitler cleave, even destro/ele/priest, sure, but look at this shit now? Virtually EVERY high rated team has either a warlock, a resto shaman or a DK. Or all fucking 3 of them. At least back then there were tons more viable specs/comps/etc. I can think of like, more than 10 rank 1 viable setups (at least top 20+) in WotLK that didn't have an elemental shaman nor a warlock, and in all honesty, I can think of maybe ONE (RMP) setup that can get high without having a lock/frost DK/rshaman in it.

It's depressing, really.
    I was actually thinking they were going to get their shit together at the beginning of the season, quit for three months (before they took time warp out of arena, as I was playing shadow rmp) and logged back in to spirit link totem, 12k lock pet crits, and frost dks. We started a new tabard and go against 2700 rated frost dks with 1600 resto shamans on the team to give them a 2300 mmr so when we lose to them it's a minus 30. If we que 20 matches in a night, we are assured to get double melee comps 5/6 times that will always include a frost dk (always is not hyperbole). We are back to shadow rmp because it seems better to pile 3 dps on the dk so we can kill him before he gets to our priest as no matter how we tried to peel, the priest couldn't survive as disc vs any frost dk/melee. That's without mentioning that not once do these 2700 dks set a focus, hit an interrupt on a focus, etc. The only time we get focus interrupted from windshear is when it's the shaman with the 2700 mmr and the dk with the 1600. Even with beastcleave you could tell a good one from a bad one because the enh would focus shear you.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 03:16 PM ----------

To balance around 1v1 would require every class to have the exact same abilities, otherwise balance would never happen.

Deleted
    i like it now
    no i dont play a OP class but now you can shine
    back in wotlk is was just who had the best gear = win
    now it actually requires alittle skill to beat someone with also skill
    and if ur gonna say : Omg u never played against TSG actually yes i did...and if they are retarded and you arent you win
    SKill > class > gear
    instead of Gear > Skill > Class
    yes i like cata

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post
    SKill > class > gear
    instead of Gear > Skill > Class
    yes i like cata
    You make me want to gouge my eyes out. You really do.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-05-29 at 03:33 PM.

The S11 sets are already out, they were on mmochamp front page awhile ago.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    You make me want to gauge my eyes out. You really do.
    Pretty much this, its pretty much Class>Gear>Skill now.

I had a frost mage carry my warrior who didnt even have good gear to 2200. ezmode pvp

rofl i bet you were one among dozens of kids thinking that cata was going to be better, now you are begging for lk, but in lk you were begging for cata lol...the game has never been balanced deal with it. on topic season 11 will just be more addition to season 10 gear like they did in lk with furious and relentless to wrathful. i do not miss lk pvp at all, the fact that a healer could 1v2-3 people was just a fucking joke and considering how they could live vs them was stupid. in cata healers can survive a 1v1 pretty eaisly, unless you actually know wtf you are doing. its a game of semi skill and if you do play FotM it almost doesnt matter. As stated before this game has never been balanced, and never will be.