Poll: Which WoW was/is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was the best when compared to the other MMOs before it and well after it released. This is the reason so many see it with rose colored glasses. TBC was obviously better in almost every way to Vanilla but it was nowhere near the leap in MMOs that Vanilla was compared to the old ugly grinders.

BC for sure, ah how i miss the world pvp back then, isle, Halaa, hellfire, Karazhan portal etc... /Nostalgia

Deleted
    Oh please not this again...

Voted TBC, because that was before Blizzard sold out. Though I had more fun in Vanilla, but TBC was a bit more polished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarFade View Post
    Oh please not this again...
    Your lack of faith in this topic is disturbing, young Jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though theres been a billion threads on this, i will bite and say wotlk. Loved everything about it, good times goooood times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Definately TBC. Not a day goes by in WoW without the feeling that i'm missing it.

This!

Best fun i had was in TBC and i think the content itself is the coolest of them all. The dungeons/heroics, raid etc. Miss it alot, still sometimes going to outland and soloing old dungeons or doing old quests

Deleted
    Loved Burning crusade the most,the lore the difficulty and many more......

Vanilla was for sure exciting and so was tbc....so i voted tbc since the improvements from tbc to vanilla were insane and full of win. Since wrath didnt toped that (except naxxramas remade--->yes i still enjoy facerolling this!!). And since i realy liked all the raids (illidan was best fight ingame ever ) tbc was for sure the most improvement this game has seen so far, raid wise!

Deleted
    The only thing i miss from Vanilla is the RPG experience of dark iron crafting. No matter how little sense it actually made to have something crafted from dark iron, nonetheless it was an epic idea to venture into the deeps of an instance for being able to craft the best craftable items ever!

Deleted
    Even though I loved Outland and everything involved with it I say Cataclysm. No need for Nostalgia.

TBC, had really good times.

Quote Originally Posted by bankopf View Post
    As far as I know, there has only been one World of Warcraft. So there's not a suitable answer provided.
    for people who can use their brain cells, there is. i voted burning crusade!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't check Cata until it finishes, and I'd say TBC
    Howay the lads!

Illidan, Kil'jaeden,Archimonde,Kael,Vashj,Medivh > Arthas > Deathwing ...nuff said.

oh yea...and u actualy had world pvp back then: Halaa, Elemental Plateau, Auchindoun stone, Karazhan stone, Hellfire flags,Isle of quedanas...heck even Kazzak at the beggining before his loot became obsolete, i saw ally and hordes fighting eachother there just so they can be the ones to kill it.
    People were still playing together, you only need to think about Nagrand and the group quests to realize. Today u can solo 99% of cataclysm questing. the game feels so instanced right now..

had the most fun in vanilla wow. but BC attunements were great forcing people to run normal dungeons before they could even step into heroics. it just seemed like a better player base back then with less fails. (or maybe less things to fail on) and having to do the quest for botanica/mechanar just unlock the door to arcatraz

gotta say wotlk... all datadisks were special in some way... but here wow got speed and circles which i rly missed before

10+ Year Old Account
    The original had the best community, and I had a lot of friends. Many quit by the time BC rolled around unfortunately.

It was hard to choose between BC and LK for me.. I played a healer most of my time playing, and I didn't pick BC because they didn't have the one feature that made the game a lot more fun for me - dual spec. Also I guess to a lesser extent, pure spellpower. Healing and spellpower were different stats, and somewhere around BC they made healing give 1/3rd spell power or something to that nature I believe.

As far as gameplay itself, I voted for WotLK. Not because of the "easiness" factor of it, I just loved the feel of all the snow and undead. The LK zones were a lot of fun to quest in and I liked the raids the most of any expansion.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Deleted
    IMHO it was the end of Original and the entirety of Burning Crusade, sure I had fun in Wrath at first, but then ToTC opened up and I wasn't too excited for ICC after that, ICC wasn't that great IMHO and during that period my guild started getting in trouble.

So yeah, I'm biased because I had most fun in Original and BC because I was roleplaying (with everything else on the side, until halfway TBC when it moved to Raiding with Rping on the side)

haven't played vanilla, but tbc was by far the most fun for me