Small, Repetitive Hangings

Hey everyone, I built this computer back in December, and starting about a month ago, everytime something happens on screen, my system hangs for about a tenth of a second. It is small, yes, but infuriating. I'm running with a 600w coolermaster psu, AMD 1100T phenom x6 cpu, Biostar ta870+ mobo, 4gb ddr3 1333 ram, 250gb hd, and the most laughable part, a graphics card I'm using until my other comes back from being rma'd, Nvidia 7600 gs. Anyone know any tips or the source of the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be your HDD loading something, when is the last time you defraged?

Just a week ago, when I partitioned for a linux dual boot. The problem started much before hand. It could be my hdd, however, it is I think 8 years old, salvaged from an old system. ^At Idontlike you.
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have an External drive you could maybe boot off, and see if the problem persists?

Does the hang cause sound loop?
    If yes, Ive had that issue and it didn't go away with switching my old HD for two Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 setup.

Problem lies elsewhere. I still have those hangs and occasionally have to hard reset the PC to get it going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    Does the hang cause sound loop?
    If yes, Ive had that issue and it didn't go away with switching my old HD for two Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 setup.

Problem lies elsewhere. I still have those hangs and occasionally have to hard reset the PC to get it going again.
    Yes, I do have a sound loop issue, but only on the program that hangs. Like, LoL's sound will loop, but Ventrilo will be fine.