Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Why are so many people saying "you don't need more battlegrounds or arenas because you do the same thing on every map anyway!"? I assume you say this from a PVE perspective and are completely blind to the fact that that describes PVE even better than it does PVP. Would you like it if every single dungeon was actually just RFC with different bosses? No, you would scream your heads off until you got a new skin for a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelol2 View Post
    You're a moron, if they removed PvP every pvp server would be empty and i'm sure most of the pvers actually do pvp alot on their spare time and wouldn't really like the game without the aspects of pvp.

I'm quite amazed how shitty geared people think they really have a vote when we are talking about how little blizzard cares about PVP.
    He's the moron? I've played on PvP servers and I can't think of many that strictly did PvP, in fact a large number of the PvPers(the ones that were actually good) were also raiding in the top 20 guilds(Blood Legion comes immediately to mind). Saying PvPers would quit the game because PvP is removed is just stupid, if anything they just wouldn't play nearly as much.

Also, what does the level of someones gear have to do with ones opinion? Because I'm not running around in full 372+ gear my opinion is somehow less important than someone that is running around in that gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously? every PVE nerf is due to a PVP aspect in some way or another. i agree that they should bring out a new BG or arena a bit more often than they do but its not like you havnt received anything.... theres like 8 BG's, a few places for world PVP such as grizzly hills etc and a handfull of arena settings, they gave you rated BG's, they give you awesome gear and mounts, which by the way is not dependant on RNG and whether or not a boss has PMS and wants to drop a certain item of loot. you simply grind yr points and/or rating and run along to a vendor. granted that the top tiers of PVP gear requires skill to obtain but if it didnt then you'd just QQ about that! so be greatful that you have to earn your rewards and dont get people who can be boosted for a wad of gold....
    Time is Eternal.... Thankfully Blonde moments are over quickly!
    Signature by Mystyka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    PvP gets far more attention than PvE does. I wish I could not read a list of patch notes where over half the nerfs were PvP-related.
    This. Plus, its a game based around PvE. I feel like, apart from world PvP, they should just take out BG's and all that shit.

Unfortunately, World of Warcraft is, and always has been, a primarily PvE-centric game. PvP elements were just slapped on to the game at first, and organized PvP such as Battlegrounds and Arena didn't even come until later (much later for Arena).

Simply put, this is a PvE game. There are several options available to you if you want to play a PvP game, and you'll find out that since they are primarily PvP games, PvE doesn't get the same attention by far that PvP does.

When it comes to something with the scope and magnitude of MMORPGs, it's just practically impossible (or so it seems) for a game to have a great PvE and PvP at the same time. More often than not, if an MMO tries to focus their attention equally across PvE and PvP, both aspects of the game turn out rather lackluster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    This. Plus, its a game based around PvE. I feel like, apart from world PvP, they should just take out BG's and all that shit.
    People like you make me sick. Let's see if I can do the same as you do (complain like a complete dunce).

This. Plus, its a game based around one faction being a war with the other (PvP). I feel like, apart from low level instances and 5 mans, they should just take out raids and all that shit.

Make sense? Don't think so. Does that make me look like a retard? I hope so.

Aff. Bunch of narrow-minded idiots who can't just man up and admit there's more to this game than just slaying dragons and demons, gearing up from them and then slaying tougher dragons and demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    The obvious solution is to make abilities against mobs function differently against players but Blizzard has a massive aversion to that apparently VERY simple change.
    Speaking purely from a coding and debugging perspective, that's far from a simple change. It would seem to be the most practical change, but it's technically quite complex.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    People like you make me sick. Let's see if I can do the same as you do (complain like a complete dunce).

This. Plus, its a game based around one faction being a war with the other (PvP). I feel like, apart from low level instances and 5 mans, they should just take out raids and all that shit.

Make sense? Don't think so. Does that make me look like a retard? I hope so.

Aff. Bunch of narrow-minded idiots who can't just man up and admit there's more to this game than just slaying dragons and demons, gearing up from them and then slaying tougher dragons and demons.
    The problem with your post is that World of Warcraft IS in FACT a PvE game before a PvP game. Again, PvP elements were just tacked on at the last minute and organized PvP (such as battlegrounds and Arenas) didn't come until later (much later for Arenas). It's not a complaint nor does it make someone look like a complete dunce. It is a PvE game. Look back at the patch history. It has always been a PvE game first.

There's also more to this game than killing other players, gearing up from them, and then killing tougher players.
    Last edited by Veyne; 2011-05-29 at 08:26 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    They completely ruined PvE, they might as well just scratch it for PvP, it's always been a lot better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    Die in a fire! (ingame, that is :P)

Part of the thing about PVP is that you don't outgear or outlevel battlegrounds or arenas. PvE only has a small number of viable raids at any given time, while nearly all of the PVP content can be enjoyed at max level.

Except maybe Twin Peaks. Ugh, Twin Peaks.

I'm sorry, but WoW is a PvE game. Don't throw in the Warcraft name at me either. War isn't always nation against nation and technically we have fought organizations with "armies" so War can be used in the title of a PvE game. Don't briing up the RTS games either because if you recall Warcraft III there was a lot going on outside of the "Humans vs Orcs" bit.

Now you folks keep asking for more BGs and Arena maps. The latter I can understand to a degree, but do you really want to deal with more glitchy LoS's? Map variants of BGs? Blizz can't really do that without messing up a whole lot. The Silverwind/Warsong Faction would have to go as an example. Briefly the OP mentioned Outdoor PvP rewards, but he really didn't give a suggestion as to how. So I'll give it a whirl. I'll admit Halaa was my favorite outdoor PvP bit. So how about we put something very much like that in all zones? Offering gearing up rewards to those who belong and to encourage pvp there in general put in vanity items like pets mounts or some other amusing token. In addition holding whatever gives a HP+Damage+Healing+XP buff to those there. There I came up with something in a rather rough draft form.

People who say it's a PvE game and that pvp was added later and trying to use that to somehow justify negligating pvp, you where probably the kind of people who wouldn't let black people(us lovely pvpers) ride the same buss as your white selfs(pvers who claim stupid shit). This game has a lot of PvP elements in it, just accept facts and stop pulling up stupid shit like that, right now PvP is a big part of World of Warcraft, not as big as PvE I'll admit that but still a big part, live with it, embrace it or just ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious why the PVP advocates in this thread will say things like "Every time you enter a battleground it plays differently, even in the same setting" and then say "We need more, different battlegrounds" Isn't that a contradiction?

Besides, really the only reason to add a new battleground would be to add a new type of battleground. If they did add a new BG every time they added a new raid, you would end up with 5 different capture the flag maps with simply different landscapes. To me that doesnt make much sense.

That, plus this game has always been a PVE game first with PVP (BGs and Arena at least) added to give the PVE people something to do in between raids and for that small portion of the game who only cares about PVP. I really do not see Blizzard ever spending as much or more resources on PVP over PVP.

Deleted
    whilst i think 1-2 new maps every patch is a bit much, the occasional new map for BG or arena would be really nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Whining threshold reached.

Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE