Poll: Most overrated game franchise of all time

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I don't hate TP, as a matter of fact I don't hate any of the zelda games and i've played them all through many many times (though I will say I do have an order of favorites but that's a different topic). But the guy I quoted said there hasn't been a good one since A Link to the Past and the reason I said that's understandable is if he's talking about games like OoT or TP, then it's understandable because OoT was like a 3D version of LttP and TP was an upgraded version of OoT (imo).

But I agree with you about the fanbase, all Zelda games are great but there's a huge portion of the fan base that don't seem to understand which of the games are better than the others due to nostalgia. For example I think MM blows OoT out of the water in originality and gameplay but everyone seems to disagree because OoT came out first.
    I agree, I couldn't tell you which LoZ I like best though, whenever I play through one I seem to regard it as my favorite until I play another, heh. Just seemed when Nintendo tried to be different with the series (WW) the fans complained that they want Zelda like OOT, so when they did that, they STILL complain, and now say WW was one of the best when before they said it was crap because of the graphics. I think the worst thing Nintendo can do for the series is listen to the fanbase, they have no idea what they want, drives me nuts.

I loved MM for how different and surreal it was, I'm still hoping to this day for a follow up. :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer311 View Post
    Call of duty... they should have stopped at modern warfare 1.
    You're definetly right, also I'm glad I did not have to pay the full price for it (COD4), because even though it was quite intense and fun, it still was no more than one longer movie. Multiplayer of these games always sucked and was really sub-par compared to RTCW and it's sequel (which was even completly free), or Quake(which we got now free too)/UT.

Why is Assassin`s Creed on there?
    Gaze long unto an abyss, and the abyss will gaze back unto you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medivh the Prophet View Post
    Why is Assassin`s Creed on there?
    I would suggest looking at other peoples post about it to find your answer.

CoD for me though.

My response on november 2011: MW3 is overrated

All of the poll's series except Assassin's Creed, haven't really heard anything over the top about it.

I never really understood the big fascination about shooter games, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call of Duty, hands down

Since I can't vote for Madden or Tiger Woods or the like, I went for CoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindewalld View Post
    i could never understand what ppl like about starcraft franchise...at least for me,it has allways been tedious and completely uninteresting game ..... about FF...i like the series on PS1....starting from FF10 they all suck
    Screw you, man... There is a reason it's an Esport it's interesting due to being a skill-based game

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everoth View Post
    Why is Fable on the poll? I think Fable is a pretty good franchise.

Voted CoD. There are so many many more FPS games that are millions of times better.
    Just play Fable 3... Let's just say the interactions with NPCs are very interactive... *Farts in face*

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD. All the way. I cringe whenever I hear that someone is excited about the game. I mean, if you just play a custom match with a few buddies, then meh, it's alright. But around the time that CoD4 was becoming VERY popular, that's when the series got a lot of attention and then went downhill. It then, in my opinion, became overhyped and overrated.

When I first saw this poll, I immediately thought Halo would be the top choice and even I was going to choose it (even though I'd consider myself a diehard Halo fanboy), but thats before I saw CoD was one.

The series and games aren't all that bad themselves but I pretty much think the who style of gameplay is off, the community is just probably the worst, the single-player story for all the modern setting ones are just silly, and playing online is pretty painful.

Edit: But I do have to say that I enjoyed the Black Ops campaign, that was surprisingly very fun.
    Last edited by Weineken; 2011-06-13 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    where is the "all of the above" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Marianis View Post
    CoD isnt really overrated they dont make the same game every year... hell they have a totally different company make the game every other year at least so it cant be the same lol. Play all the way through the Black Ops campaign, it was suprisingly epic and fantastic especially when it starts to get near the end.
    /AGREE!

10char

So... why isn't mario on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    For me Final Fantasy use to be great till 7 rolled around.
    Really? I'd rather blame FF 11 or FF 12 for ruining the FF series. FF 7 wasn't great by any means but it wasn't bad, 8, 9 and 10 were semi decent, 10-2 was the decline of the FF series.. If they could go back to the combat style of 7 or 10 I would be happy with the series again.

IMO most overrated franchise.. CoD how can you make the same game over and over and over again... really... it's obnoxious...