Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Giving you a mount for 60* days of grinding the same quests is not really an adequate reward, or well it's accepted in WoW for whatever reason. After having 120+ mounts already I could't give a shit about one additional mount for which I have to endure repeating quests.

    If the quests would be different it's a different story, which could be easily done, but instead of questing for one week i.e. 7 or 14 days of fresh quests each day, they decided people should die a little each of those 60* days doing the same quests over and over.

    I'll do them, but asap as I unlock everything this shit daily zone wont see me again like with all the previous daily zones and daily quests in general. I do not know if non-raiders enjoy the game by doing the same quests over and over for a year or two, but I guess they don't so forcing everyone in a 60* day long grind is kinda missed.
    Hear that sound?
    That's the sound of $30 (assuming people are 'diligent' and don't skip quests/days) going into the bank - paid to Blizzard for something which, in the end, players can't stand to do anymore.

    I'm actually curious how in the hell the suits who came up with this brilliant master-plan couldn't see how much this is probably going to backfire on them (most people I know never touched TB after they got their rep, and it's be the dame here). Taking 2 months + to grind something out is NOT the issue - it's the cheap repetitive mindless of it. At least, it's hard for me to imagine that even WoW's general population gets a thrill out of the daily repeat system.

  2. #102
    Mushroom Chair? Yes please!

  3. #103
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbelbasse View Post
    Mushroom Chair? Yes please!


    Mine!

  4. #104
    NEW GEM BAG! HOLY SHIT, BATMAN! Hell, it was about time!

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    THIS ! http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/70177/s...s-woodchucker/
    Just owns SO hard!

    Somebody find the original comic link to add to this. It's Awesome!
    We need his orc counterpart now <3

  6. #106
    Dreadlord Dawnseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    825
    One has to wonder if it's possible that these items being sold by the vendors for gold is a PTR thing (a la Cold Weather Flying skill that was a simple quest on the PTR and ended up costing 1k gold when it hit live), or did they specifically say somewhere that the items were going to be for gold, or that there was a 'lesson learned' with the tourney? As someone who had to grind the hell out of the Argent Tournament for the mounts and pets it's odd that they wouldn't have you continue to grind. It's what they do. Not saying that 125 marks just to open the vendor isn't something, but as a blacksmith for example I do that and then poof, I just buy all 8 plans? It just doesn't seem ... I don't know ... painful enough, considering that we all know from past experience what Blizz likes to put us though. It's a point to ponder anyway.

  7. #107
    Stood in the Fire Ravlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    not a very nice place
    Posts
    389
    I'm pretty sure the new engineering attachment is a reference to...
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath!
    The main character Stranger uses his double crossbow all the time to shoot nasty critters as living ammo. And it's awesome.

  8. #108
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    One has to wonder if it's possible that these items being sold by the vendors for gold is a PTR thing (a la Cold Weather Flying skill that was a simple quest on the PTR and ended up costing 1k gold when it hit live), or did they specifically say somewhere that the items were going to be for gold, or that there was a 'lesson learned' with the tourney? As someone who had to grind the hell out of the Argent Tournament for the mounts and pets it's odd that they wouldn't have you continue to grind. It's what they do. Not saying that 125 marks just to open the vendor isn't something, but as a blacksmith for example I do that and then poof, I just buy all 8 plans? It just doesn't seem ... I don't know ... painful enough, considering that we all know from past experience what Blizz likes to put us though. It's a point to ponder anyway.
    I'll be finished the Molten Front Offensive tomorrow (695 marks) so will know myself then if there is anything additional afterwards that would require marks. If there isnt then if current gold for items hits live there is no need to keep gathering marks afterward. Only reason aside from that is to complete the achievements for "the flamebreaker" title

  9. #109
    Dameks items are completely useless for my jewelcrafting hunter. The only one thats slightly useful is a use trinket, I hate those, i prefer the ones that proc on hits.

    Jewelcrafters continue to get screwed with epic gems being hidden away for not reason. At least we FINALLY get a decent bag, with cut gems stacking jewelcrafters will actually be able to hold onto their stuff now.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Begs the question of what the hell you're doing still playing the game or caring about anything outside of raids or pvp if you hate quests/dailies so much.
    I don't hate quests in fact, I think leveling in each expansion is a lot of fun. Even daily quests are fun for the 5th time around. But when you are forced to do the same quests 10, 20, 50 times and then receive a finger up your arse for wasting your time and brain cells for 60 days, then there's something wrong.

    Competitive people want to get shit done, so I will endure the grind to unlock everything this game has to offer as I did this far. And yes you are right I dislike the game more and more and if it weren't for my guild and the raid nights with them, I would have quit quite a while ago.

    This all daily zone is a stall by Blizzard to buy themselves more time for new content. It's been half a year since Cataclysm was released and no new content what so ever, let's not forget that Cataclysm launched with abysmal little content for level 85 players to begin with. So yeah, they are neglecting both the raiders and non-raiders, one raid instance (which seem quite short) + a grind zone is not enough really after 6 months.

    So this takes me 60 days to complete, not because I'm not dedicating enough time, but because the quests are gated and limited per day, so all in a while somewhere in August 2011, Blizzard can come and proclaim that people still have fun with the Firelands daily zone so the content is still fresh .... eeeer wrong, the content is stale as piss at that point, it's just so, that people still do it to get it done, and because they get the same quests every day, they just can't endure the pain of doing it every day, so what is in essence a 60 day bad grind, becomes a 90+ day boredom of hell where you ask yourself each day, "do I really want to do the Firelands daily quests today, or just go vacuum the house and wait for the raid?" and guess what most of the time wins for me.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    They're actually fun and as I've said a few times now you get a mount at the end of it.
    Probably. Fun once. Maybe twice. Maybe the third time. But there is no such dailies that continue being fun the 10th day in row. They become chore and grind.
    And mount? No thanks, I have all the mounts for the travelling I need.

  12. #112
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    Probably. Fun once. Maybe twice. Maybe the third time. But there is no such dailies that continue being fun the 10th day in row. They become chore and grind.
    And mount? No thanks, I have all the mounts for the travelling I need.
    Then don't do them

    For once though I've happily done these dailies each day (actually no missed one day as I was away) and I look forward to doing them on live. Argent tournament dailies were terrible for me but these are quite the opposite.

  13. #113
    The Patient Myah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    At it's fullest after completing one of the 150 quests it's around 15 to 16 dailies which is about 28 marks give or take a couple. To complete everything it's around 400 dailies. I need 50 marks for the flaming hippogryyph mount on ptr
    15 dailies? Ouch.

    Why so much grind, why?

  14. #114
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    I don't hate quests in fact, I think leveling in each expansion is a lot of fun. Even daily quests are fun for the 5th time around. But when you are forced to do the same quests 10, 20, 50 times and then receive a finger up your arse for wasting your time and brain cells for 60 days, then there's something wrong.

    Competitive people want to get shit done, so I will endure the grind to unlock everything this game has to offer as I did this far. And yes you are right I dislike the game more and more and if it weren't for my guild and the raid nights with them, I would have quit quite a while ago.

    This all daily zone is a stall by Blizzard to buy themselves more time for new content. It's been half a year since Cataclysm was released and no new content what so ever, let's not forget that Cataclysm launched with abysmal little content for level 85 players to begin with. So yeah, they are neglecting both the raiders and non-raiders, one raid instance (which seem quite short) + a grind zone is not enough really after 6 months.

    So this takes me 60 days to complete, not because I'm not dedicating enough time, but because the quests are gated and limited per day, so all in a while somewhere in August 2011, Blizzard can come and proclaim that people still have fun with the Firelands daily zone so the content is still fresh .... eeeer wrong, the content is stale as piss at that point, it's just so, that people still do it to get it done, and because they get the same quests every day, they just can't endure the pain of doing it every day, so what is in essence a 60 day bad grind, becomes a 90+ day boredom of hell where you ask yourself each day, "do I really want to do the Firelands daily quests today, or just go vacuum the house and wait for the raid?" and guess what most of the time wins for me.
    So you're not happy with Fireland's aswell as the dailies, or, you're not happy with 4.2 at all? You only play because of the friendship you have in your guild? That doesn't raise alarm bells for you personally at all that the game is not worth paying for anymore? If/when I grasp the same opinion as you the game will be dropped for me. Probably when would be the best term as it's inevitable for everyone I guess. I'm not one of those "you don't like it don't play it" kinda people that tells everyone else they should quit the game everytime they have a negative opinion on something. I just havent seen you be positive about it apart from the community aspect in your guild. Although I love playing with most of the people in my guild I would still quit if new content just didnt cut it for me anymore.

    Anyway what you do is entirely up to yourself but you could really do with some cheering up with something you enjoy ingame

    Did you ever consider trying to voice your opinion on either the PTR forums or general forums?

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 05:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    15 dailies? Ouch.

    Why so much grind, why?
    Actually sounds big but only takes me about 20mins a day once I know what to do. Which I guess isn't too bad. I dunno.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubasage View Post
    He probably only cares about raiding and there is very little for raiders this patch compared to the casuals.

    Uh, there's a whole new raid instance with 7 normal bosses and 7 heroic counterparts? That should keep me busy for a while...

  16. #116
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Uh, there's a whole new raid instance with 7 normal bosses and 7 heroic counterparts? That should keep me busy for a while...
    I'm excited about one boss in particular! The legs boss! looking forward to watching the boss spin around in circles due to people not dpsing the right leg! 25 man will be chaotic, especially the achievement

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubasage View Post
    He probably only cares about raiding and there is very little for raiders this patch compared to the casuals.
    How brown is your nose? I have watched the vids coming out of the ptr and EVERY quest is your standard kill, collect and save. Please explain how that is "fun". One tester described it as a "small enclosed area" can't imagine the nightmare of that place for the first 60 days.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 04:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SlashFacePalm View Post
    So... Apart from Companion pets, 365 Gloves, and Random Items... Nothing Remotely useful For me, Unless I Roll BS.
    These are the same people who constantly forget their own lore. Laziness leads to forgetfulness.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

  18. #118
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    I have watched the vids coming out of the ptr and EVERY quest is your standard kill, collect and save. Please explain how that is "fun". One tester described it as a "small enclosed area" can't imagine the nightmare of that place for the first 60 days.
    Oh I can imagine. I'm on a PvE server so wont matter at all for me, but if Molten Front is contested on a PvP server it'll be interesting

    I guess I can't quite tell why I've enjoyed it so much, maybe I'll hate it when I'm doing it on live I don't know. I just know it's been a fun few weeks and look forward to seeing the mount tomorrow.

    As for the guy you quoted I couldnt tell you how brown his nose is

  19. #119
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    57
    ok...all of the known loot till now has 1 (one !) enhancement shaman weapon. yay

  20. #120
    Mechagnome shadowlich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hells gate and your next
    Posts
    562
    Plate spell dps, what the hell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •