Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Rate the Firelands

Hi everyone,

What do you think of the Firelands and the new bosses? I'm talking about what we've seen so far from videos and PTR in 10 man excluding bugs (rate the moves, mechanics...)

I love the look and the lava and layout of the Firelands, but I am disappointed by some of the bosses. Majdormo Staghelm looks like a simple tank n spank, with a few big fiery orb mechanics. Lord Rhyolith looks like a slightly different version of kiting, and there's a ton of stuff going on in the screen, but if you learn to avoid that you're set. The first boss with the guards also looks like a simple tank n spank. The spider boss seems just like kill the adds quickly and have your melee on top killing the spider boss.
    I do like the bird fight, because that looks like a bit of fun being able to fight an enemy in the air. It's something Blizzard never did before.
    But Blizzard, what happened to the siege engines and Ulduar and ICC battleships? That made it so much fun (although those fights were too simple, so we'd need the siege engines more complex).

And don't rate the graphics - we all know it's epic.
    Last edited by Iron Dome; 2011-05-30 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Clarification

Personally I was disappointed with Firelands, we steamrolled through 7/7 heroic in like 3 weeks

people actually liked the lootship?

Quote Originally Posted by fruust View Post
    people actually liked the lootship?
    I said it was too easy, but the mechanic was good, and hey great for loot!

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it a 10/10 for looks. An 8/10 for mechanics. A 10/10 for it's mounts O.O
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

I'll give it..

oh wait, haven't actually done the firelands yet as I'm not from the future.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Personally I was disappointed with Firelands, we steamrolled through 7/7 heroic in like 3 weeks
    the raid??? it hasn't been out for even a week yet!

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    I'll give it..

oh wait, haven't actually done the firelands yet as I'm not from the future.
    but you could've seen it on videos/been to the PTR

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    I give it a 10/10 for looks. An 8/10 for mechanics. A 10/10 for it's mounts O.O
    Yes the looks and mechanics are good, but i only like the mechanics in the bird fight. the spider fight the only mechanic is you grab a rope and climb up the web. and the actually fights r kinda boring. even ragnaros, the only reason y ppl wipe is due to sons of flame reaching sulfuros or living meteors (the last one is actually good).

Deleted
    Looks cool going by the Ptr, had a lot of fun dealing with the different bosses.
    People complaining about it constantly "7 bosses, we want moar", I think it will be harder than it seems to be at the moment. Heroic modes will probably be stupidly hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewbusha View Post
    the raid??? it hasn't been out for even a week yet!
    It's not even out, is my point

It's not even out, is my point
    but we've seen videos and u cudve been on PTR

Walk me through Heroic 25 Ragnaros please

Walk me through Heroic 25 Ragnaros please
    That hasn't been out yet. I'm talking about normal 10 man from what we've seen

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the bird fight, because that looks like a bit of fun being able to fight an enemy in the air. It's something Blizzard never did before.
    What about Maly?

10/10 Appearance
    9/10 for unique trash (what we've been able to do of it)
    8/10 for normal mode mechanics, but normal modes are silly anyways
    11/10 if the description of the final phase of the Heroic Ragnaros fight is accurate.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

That hasn't been out yet.
    That's the goddamn point

Deleted
    That hasn't been out yet. I'm talking about normal 10 man from what we've seen
    Tbh, we have seen it before and we will see it again, Ptr buisness is Ptr Buisness. Things change a fair bit between Ptr stages and Live versions.
    What we have seen so far, the best of attempts hit 39% on Raggy, it was buggy as hell all the way through, it needs some work to be complete but I'm sure the final live version will be harder.

but you could've seen it on videos/been to the PTR
    I have watched a couple of videos. If you never took notice, watching a game and playing a game are two entirely different things. On the point of going to the PTR, the way the bosses are on the PTR may not reflect exactly how they'll be live.

I will rate the firelands when I have my own personal extensive experience with it.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    What about Maly?
    OOh i forgot! Thank you!

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    Tbh, we have seen it before and we will see it again, Ptr buisness is Ptr Buisness. Things change a fair bit between Ptr stages and Live versions.
    What we have seen so far, the best of attempts hit 39% on Raggy, it was buggy as hell all the way through, it needs some work to be complete but I'm sure the final live version will be harder.
    I know, but excluding the bugs and stuff. And hopefully it'll be harder - too many guilds downed too many bosses too quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've seen unpolished, buggy and unfinished fights and you want to rank them?

While we're at it lets rank the raids in 4.3!

However what I've seen from videos thus far the zone is beautiful and the fights' mechanics look unique and interesting. I hope the achievements for the mount are very challenging because there aren't many of them. Blizzard has been known to have some pretty challenging metas before =|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    Looks cool going by the Ptr, had a lot of fun dealing with the different bosses.
    People complaining about it constantly "7 bosses, we want moar", I think it will be harder than it seems to be at the moment. Heroic modes will probably be stupidly hard.
    we got too 60% on domo yesterday and the fight needs major attention, specially when he transforms to cat his pounce has no warning and the damage is heavy so dunno if its intended hopefully either one is looked at mark the bounce or lessen the damage,Rag fight is awesome i think we had him down to 30% but just too much happening on the screen meteors targeting was insane
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!