Poll: Which faction do you play regularly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think APB will be a keeper in my house. My wife downloaded it on Friday and we played it together all weekend. We had a blast. Sure, we got our asses kicked more often than not, but we still got enough cash and prestige to make it worth our while.

The lag is a lot better than it was late in the closed beta, and they have clearly rebalanced the weapons to reduce some of the overall cheapness of certain guns. I loves my shotty.

I haven't even looked at the cash shop though. No idea what's up there.

Me and a bunch of friends play criminal on the west coast server. We havnt had any problems with lag or any other hardware problems. Only problem we really have is some guns being to powerful

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both on Joker, but primarily on Zaitsev - an Enforcer.

I am still fairly noobish though.

Also, OP, does the stuff that you quoted reduce the lagg? 'cause quite often that kills me.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-05-31 at 07:59 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    By the way the options in the Ops post to get the game to run better... (the first one) All but 2 of those are in-game options. The other 2 didn't let me change the document when I tried

My computer isn't good enough to do missions seriously without lag.

Ok just got extremely uninterested in this game me and my friends got nonstop matchs against people that could just 2 shot us no matter what we did

10+ Year Old Account
    For a game in Beta, its fucking awesome.

My only "peeve" is that you drive your car "on the server" resulting in lag etc (Australian player on US server).

other than that, I currently play enforcer with friends, but I think I will check out crims, so that I can be a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Ok just got extremely uninterested in this game me and my friends got nonstop matchs against people that could just 2 shot us no matter what we did
    There are no damage increasing modifications in the game. The only two guns you can't obtain within the first twenty-minutes (one-two missions) of play that have the potential to two shot are the Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher. Though the Star is easily one of the best overall guns in the game, and you start with it, so I don't get the complaint.

I personally use the Star more then any other weapon, but I can tell you the weapons that can two shot are also a lot more difficult to get two shots off with.

Modifications right now have an issue of being underpowered rather then overpowered. There is little advantage to having upgrades right now, and the advantage itself is situational at best. So I don't think it could of been that.

The game must just have to high of time-to-kill for you. Its supposed to be fast paced, that is intentional, and if its not that I would push lack of ability - which is understandable with lack of experience. The people might just be -better- then you.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2011-06-01 at 06:25 AM.

I love my Joker SR315 Carbine with Hunting Sight 3. I cant use anything else.

Hmm.. i think im going to try this out when i get home, was reading a little on it on Mmohut.com, looks cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else having install problems? I keep having it report an error around 75% and I am running it on 64 bit windows 7

Game sounds fun.. But can my PC run it without massive lag?

SLI 8800GTS 512mb

Intel Duo Core 2.66

4GB ram

Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Game sounds fun.. But can my PC run it without massive lag?

SLI 8800GTS 512mb

Intel Duo Core 2.66

4GB ram

Windows Vista
    Make sure your system is 64-bit to begin with. APB doesn't play well with 32-bit at all.

You are on the cusp of the minimum requirements truthfully. I ran it on High-Maximum with a -similar- setup in the first few weeks of the original release. It works but it is not ideal and you might notice your game crashing out after 3-4 hours of play.

You probably want 8GB of ram if you can afford to add some more. If not make sure you close all other non-essential processes as APB and your system will eat up most of the 4GB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Anyone else having install problems? I keep having it report an error around 75% and I am running it on 64 bit windows 7
    It happened to me (or something like it). You may have to run it in compatibility mode for vista or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    thing is if cash shop items are gonna sell items that could make 1 person stronger than another instead of the usual faster leveling or easier cash items it wont matter what side your on as you'll get your ass handed to ya

More people need to play this game, and get better. I need more Gold Threat players to face against.

Also, new image. Pretty happy with it, and you can see a sliver of what you are capable of in the symbol editor.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1483/hoodlw.jpg