Deleted

Will this PSU do the job?

Hello, iam starting to build my own computer, and was wondering on what sort of psu should i look for, i plan for
    :AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.20GHz (Socket AM3)
    HIS ATI Radeon HD 6850 ICEQ X TURBO 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
    Still looking at motherboards, the case has 5 120mm fans 12v each i think.
    But iam just little confused by the amount power i need i thought id get Cooler Master GX650 650W ATX SLI PSU BNIB Power Supply
    Will 650w do the job

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, 650W PSU will definately do the job. Even Arctic Cooling Fusion 550 550W should be more than enough for such PC.
    Nope, Chuck Testa.

10+ Year Old Account
    a 650 will be fine though i recommend antec, seasonic or corsair psu over coolermaster any day
    also i recommend waiting for bulldozer or just get a i5 or i3 sandy bridge system

I know that with Corsair you can get pretty much any of their products and still have a good enough PSU for a single videocard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm running:

750 Watt Corsair on SLI 580 85% load
    750 Watt Rosewill on CF 6950 80% load
    650 Watt Diablotech Single card but at 96% load

All 3 have been running 24/7 for over a year now with no issues and are in a area that has limited Breathing so I know they are running hot as hell. I don't care what Name brand you buy you have a 50/50 chance it will die in the first month. As long as you don't buy garbage like Power Ups and those really crappy made out of recycled pop can Chinese power supplies you should be good.

Deleted
    Ok thanks , well the one iam getting is £59 from this shop, 5 year warrenty, so it should last

15+ Year Old Account
    I go for the highest warranty in all electronics i buy. When your considering dropping $1000 on a toy, you expect it to outlast it's usefulness.