Looking for someone to make this Addon!

Basically I've had this idea for an addon that would greatly help myself and many others I've talked to about it. The basic premise is that it's a Grid for nearby mobs, where you can configure it to show all debuffs (or just your debuffs) and scale its size and position. Think Gladius but for PvE. Honestly I've searched high and low for an this addon and cannot for the life of me find it. How awesome would it be to see all the drakes on H Halfus' frames and be able to click and DoT them all as you go through the frames? If you have experience with addon making or know someone with it, respond to this thread and keep me updated. I would like the addon to be called "Foe Frames."

The more cusomizable the better, if it has the options of grid or gladius, that would be awesome.

-Menethil Hyjal US

There is one big problem, you can't create frames in combat. You would have to click before combat on each Foe and still to get them updated someone would have to target them. And as far as i know default blizz UI now creates boss frames also for adds so maybe look in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Treeston recently worked on a similar idea for battlegrounds, where the frames are created at the start before combat.
    I suppose you could have a similar idea on a per encounter basis, or in the case of the drakes adding each of them manually before the fight.

Deleted
    Yeah, I had a similar mod for battlegrounds, however that wouldn't work for mobs for multiple reasons.

a) We have to get all those target frames created out-of-combat. No way to get all the mob names before you engage them.
    b) Multiple mobs with the same name. I used /targetexact for the BG mod, that solution wouldn't work with mobs (obviously).

Gladius senses the enemy team before combat starts, why couldn't this? You have to walk into a zone before you can get into combat, so it could just sense the enemies and put them in their own frame, then ones that are not in combat w/ you could be hidden / dulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrranth View Post
    Gladius senses the enemy team before combat starts, why couldn't this? You have to walk into a zone before you can get into combat, so it could just sense the enemies and put them in their own frame, then ones that are not in combat w/ you could be hidden / dulled out.
    Because Gladius is just using Arena Frames, just like Grid is using Raid Frames.

There are no built-in frames for "every enemy you can see". Also, even frames created before combat based on each enemy, you wouldnt be allowed to click on them to cast spells or anything, those frames, even created before combat, CANNOT be dynamic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Because Gladius is just using Arena Frames, just like Grid is using Raid Frames.

There are no built-in frames for "every enemy you can see". Also, even frames created before combat based on each enemy, you wouldnt be allowed to click on them to cast spells or anything, those frames, even created before combat, CANNOT be dynamic.
    Howabout on fights with multiple bosses such as Blood Princes where there are three standard Blizzard frames already in the game that you can click on to target the boss?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Howabout on fights with multiple bosses such as Blood Princes where there are three standard Blizzard frames already in the game that you can click on to target the boss?
    If you want that, you can use any existing unit frame addon to change position/size/color/buffs/debuffs/etc.

Shadowed Unit Frames already has it, listed under "Boss". It shows even things like Chromatic Prototypes on Nef.

Deleted
    There is a reason why you only got one Focus Frame!

Deleted
    Ctrl + V might help you.

Your enemies in arena are given specific unitIDs: arena1, arena2, arena3 etc. They are valid IDs for targetting as soon as the gates open because they are targetted by their ID. Mobs in the world aren't given specific unitIDs, unless they are bosses then it's boss1. Sometimes boss2, boss3 etc are assigned for adds or multiple-boss fights.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator