10+ Year Old Account

Few questions about prot

allright, so ive tanked all the way through TBC, wotlk and cataclysm so far, but its only recently i've not been as good at holding aggro

i've had a few people tell me not to reforge to hit or expertise because paladins use quite a lot of spells which are decent for holding aggro, but lately, i havent been able to hold aggro on shit, it seems that every odd attack is dodged or misses, is it actually worth reforging into hit from your highest avoidance stat ( parry for me)
    i know both my parry and dodge are quite low, but i just feel as though im more solid at holding aggro with it

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...brofist/simple is my armory

i'll take any and all tanking advice :3

i never raid other than baradin hold, i just do heroics, if its any help.

if my reforging is wrong or anything, or gear is wrong, please tell me.

Mastery>Dodge/parry for survivability

In terms of threat, the general idea is that as long as you're doing the rotation correctly, it's the dps' fault if they pull threat.

I like to pop wings for my first SotR, and then use (I think it's called...) Divine Favor to get 3 HoPo and SotR again. And that's usually the end of my threat problems.

You shouldn't need to reforge into hit/exper (and never gem for it) for threat.
    Your dodge/parry aint low for BH/heroics gear, don't sweat that.

For boss pulls I use DP (for 3 HP) + wings with AS+Jud before SotR for the chance of a Sacred Duty proc (You're pulling running into melee anyway).
    On single target your prio is then 3HP-SotR -> AS -> CS (for HP) -> Jud (for SD proc) -> Cons -> Holy Wrath
    AoE keep HotR, AS and Cons on CD, HW and Judge inbetween. SotR on targets close to being pulled off you.

I'd recomend getting Omen (Threat meter) and TidyPlates (Healthbars which lets you see if you have agro on non-target mobs), both are a great help to tanking.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Wrynn View Post
    I don't think you fathom the immensity of the fuck that I do not give
    Quote Originally Posted by Joniebonie View Post
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf..

Deleted
    Might be worth taking a quick look at my guide as it covers most of what you are asking about
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Paladin-Guide

You would be better served reforging into expertise if you were to pick one of the threat stats, but you shouldn't need to reforge into either. on AOE pulls make sure you are using inquisition as opposed to shield of the righteous. Also use divine plea for 3 holy power and avenging wrath as much as possible.

For heroics, I go in my 5% hit gear. You can't always rely on someone in your group having a misdirect effect, or even if you do, you can't count on them using it properly or frequently. 5% hit helps enormously with threat as it makes your avenger's shield stop careening off into space on trash pulls.

Expertise is better as a warrior threat stat, imo. It doesn't hurt, but if our spells land 100% of the time we don't need the extra threat from expertise.

Deleted
    The abilities that contribute most to threat can be dodged and parried, expertise has been proven to increase threat more than hit. Hit is however better in situations where you are reliant on tagging mobs such as Maloriak add duty. However you should still not focus on either stat.

I have never really got what the 5% hit thing is about. What you will actually find in reality is that just before hitting the physical damage cap you will cap spell hit, causing hit to immediately become less effective after this point.

I might ask Theck if he minds me putting his threat analysis in my signature as I am getting bored of reposting it. Anyway the stat comparison is pretty evident:
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...593315#p593315
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2011-05-30 at 01:45 PM.