Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Treadmill in gym!

So I fell off the treadmill in gym today after missing the big red stop button to come off, luckily I was with a mate so when everyone stopped to stare at me on the floor in the room I had someone to turn to and look for to laugh at least.
    Just needed to vent it out :P

Anyone else had these experiences happen to them? embarassing? :L

Aspiring paramedic

Deleted
    LOL oh dear

Glad I run outside and not in a gym, when I fall (which I often do due to these pasty geek legs) no one sees me except some squirrels.

......just wish your friend had taped it!

The treadmills on the gym I used to go had these little key-things that you put into the panel and there's a wire that you attach to your clothing with a clip. If you slip, the key will be pulled off and the treadmill will immediately stop. Don't yours have this kind of safety device?

If they do, and you were not using them, as I've seen a LOT of people who couldn't be arsed to spend 5 seconds to set up a safety device, it's totally your fault IMO. =p

haha dude that happened to me.... on a treadmill with a build in TV... i was too focused on the show that I forgot I was running..... then I slipped.... so it shot me off the mill.... and my reflex told me to jump right back in........ yeh......... that didn't end well either..... it also happened in a gym where there were like 30-40 treadmills in the area that are also being occupied.

and the 2nd times was like when this chick with a really pleasant perfume was getting ready to run the treadmill right next to me during my dash run in which also ended up better I think since I got the lady help me get up.... >

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    The treadmills on the gym I used to go had these little key-things that you put into the panel and there's a wire that you attach to your clothing with a clip. If you slip, the key will be pulled off and the treadmill will immediately stop. Don't yours have this kind of safety device?

If they do, and you were not using them, as I've seen a LOT of people who couldn't be arsed to spend 5 seconds to set up a safety device, it's totally your fault IMO. =p
    I've never seen these at any gym I've been to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuric View Post
    I've never seen these at any gym I've been to
    you need to dip out some more cash and go to a better gym - every gym ive been to has the emegency wire it clips in your shorts or tshirt, and if you fall it turns the machine off

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, there wasn't any kind of safety device. Wish there was now though, grrrr. :P

Aspiring paramedic

Lol man, thats funny shit right there.
    I used to hit them gym months ago for a year with a mate of mine and I always loved to see people on the treadmill doing crazy stuff as in not being able to run/walk properly and alike.

Deleted
    When you mean similar things you mean only falling off the treadmill or embarassing stuff?

For treadmill falls I can't say anything, however otherwise I can. I remember in my first or second year in highschool I went with some friends at a sort of sweets shop that sold cakes... bakery?... anyway, so they had tables inside if you wanted to stay there and eat and I had a longer coat. They also had these aluminium super light chairs. So when I wanted to sit down my coat actually pushed the chair from behind me and I fell on my bottom with everyone laughing, even me. It certainly wasn't expected lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I avoid the embarrassment of this kind of thing by never going to a gym!

Yaaay, laziness!

15+ Year Old Account
    While i do have accidents in the GYM at school from time to time.

Noone is going to laugh when i lift 30% more than most of them and manage to drop it. Seeing they can barely lift what i lift once.
    Last edited by kailtas; 2011-05-30 at 07:13 PM.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Not too embarrassing, I usually go pretty fast on the elliptical, when I stop it and step off the peddles crush my foot and get it stuck, hurts like a bitch.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Not too embarrassing, I usually go pretty fast on the elliptical, when I stop it and step off the peddles crush my foot and get it stuck, hurts like a bitch.
    I'd rather it crush my foot than hit my shins. Maybe it's because I wear durable sneakers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    I'd rather it crush my foot than hit my shins. Maybe it's because I wear durable sneakers lol.
    Meh, not a shoe person, I don't care much for them so when I work out or go to the gym I just wear what covers my feet. Still hurts, peeled some skin off my foot, too.

Pfff I run outside. Running isn't that fun to start with so I can only imagine what it's like indoors :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Roller blades... you know no matter how good you are on them you will definitely fall and make a fool of yourself. The best thing about rollerblades is that you dont just fall down quietly, no. You do a lot of acrobatic movements, throwing legs, hands in all directions in order to keep balance and after such an interesting athletic dance of pure chaos and strange sounds, you fall in the most painful way, usually leaving part of your skin on the road....and its in the center of the town.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Meh, not a shoe person, I don't care much for them so when I work out or go to the gym I just wear what covers my feet. Still hurts, peeled some skin off my foot, too.
    Lol yeah, Im the same. These happened to be on sale, & my old ones had holes in them

10+ Year Old Account
    Running on a treadmill is so uncomfortable. I enjoy going to my local high-school and running on their track. It's slightly cushioned so my feet stay nice and comfy.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    I love people who drive the the Fitness Studios in order to run on the treadmills.

Dropped a bar that had 2x 55lbs weights on it. It slipped off my back...(was doing squats) Pretty much had the entire gym stop what they were doing to look at where that massive bang sound came from lolol