Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    I had something similiar to this happen about a month ago. Was doing incline dumbbell bench press(75 lbs), As I got them up to the starting position, my right arm gave out. Was so irritated I threw the dumbbell, guess it made a loud noise(had my music on), & everyone turned around lol. Yes, I know it's dangerous to throw it. But I was at the end of the room with no one within reach of being hit.

I've done 75 lbs before, but I guess I wasn't able to get them up after recently upping the weight on flatbench dumbbell press that same day.
    I had the same thing happen the other day. I did 65 10 times, 70 8 times and was trying to get the 75 up and I didn't kick it high enough with my knee and it kinda just tumbled... I felt so bad haha.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that sucks lol. Happened again today, except with DB overhead press. The station with the barbell was occupied, couldnt get 55 lb dumbbell over my head, so I just dropped it. Went & worked on my traps lol. Sucks losing strength while cutting

Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles View Post
    I have had very similar but perhaps more extreme examples

I often train beyond the 'avg joe' due to my MMA and many a time towards the end of my run on the treadmill I start to go faster and steeper.....

The build up of lactic acid makes me sick so I start to puke profusively but I tend to continue running while retching....its usually when I start to really puke hard that I loose my balance and am flung into the wall behind me but, I shrugg it off and run rite back onto the machine.

needless to say the people in the gym I train at don't really take that much notice of it all since we are all training in MMA its a common occurence to push yourself beyond the limit!
    How exactly does lactic acid buildup make you sick...or even vomit?
    Last edited by Aoba2000; 2011-06-22 at 12:19 AM.