Dead Island... new gameplay footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzRo39P31I

So i watched it all and im really impressed, i just wasnt sure however if i wanted to play this game for PC or Console, it looks as if it favors PC for me cos it seems like attack actions u make require good aiming (like hitting certain body parts) and im shocking with a controller lol

If u guys dont know its a first person melee zombie game which looks like it has a bit of fallout in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg - A trailer if interested

Deleted
    the game looks quite interesting. and i still think that trailer is the best of all game trailers

Deleted
    Looks quite fun, on the other hand it sometimes looks .. don't know .. just meh. Will check some reviews when it's out.

Deleted
    So far, it's seemed like a free roaming Left 4 Dead. Which is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    An open world zombie game!

Sign me up.

Interesting game, haven't heard about this one before.

Deleted
    Far Cry meets Left 4 dead Looks like this could be fun, something for them wet weekends

Just hope there's loads of weapons loads too explore and different zombies...maybe Boss zombies etc

then I will be a happy bunny

10+ Year Old Account
    The new game play looks amazing! I can not wait for this game! Hell, I cant wait to see the 4 person co-op at E3 this week!

Will def be playing htis title on steam. Even though I'm a proud Xbox/PS3 owner. I just love FPS that are not CoD on PC.
    Last edited by Buju; 2011-05-30 at 04:50 PM.

The voice acting is terrible, and the writing looks pretty dry.

The Game-play look like it can get you frustrated at times, but also looks fun.

In all honesty, I'll wait for it to be released and the reviews come in before I take a look.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2011-05-30 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks a little to slow paced for my liking tbh.

Looks good so far. A couple of things surprised me. Like the almost cartoonish feel to the items, the free roaming quest thing and driving. It seems like Far Cry but with zombies. I'll probably still get it just for the MP aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Looks a little to slow paced for my liking tbh.
    This, and while I am for the idea of a RPG-like zombie game, I don't think I like how it is looking so far.

From the looks of it there is xp, craftable items, items with silly enchants (how the hell do you make a dagger electrocute zombies but not yourself), and even quests. As far as zombie games go, I want to be able to sign on, mindlessly kill some hordes of zombies, and log back out.

Will definitely be waiting for some reviews and more gameplay footage.

i hope this isn't just a l4d copy and an actual zombie game where you barricade yourself in and try to hunker down and manage food/ammo supplies

dem graphics oh wow
    Last edited by doesnotcare; 2011-05-31 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strydar View Post
    the game looks quite interesting. and i still think that trailer is the best of all game trailers
    Yes, i completly agree with this, however from samples played by game reviewers (i think it was IGN) the trailer is essentially false advertising. The trailer with the piano music and the man trying to save his daughter, you would think the game would be very emotional and use powerful themes to display the sadness going on in the game setting. However, from the samples they played, the game seems to be the complete opposite. The zombies are dispatched in a grusome, downright humorous manner, and the game seems to completely lack seriousness. Dont get me wrong, they still like the game and had fun playing it, but the trailer paints a picture that isnt there.

so yea, my 2-cents

and, i cant watch the gameplay footage atm since my internet is being retarted, so ill watch it tomorrow and post back with my input

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer is completely misleading.

I see some ppl saying its too slow for their liking.. altho i can understand the point but i came from the era of resident evil 1 and stuff... i like the idea of actually trying to survive instead of trying to find zombies to kill.. games like this need a horror aspect imo but this doesnt seem to provide horror, but it still looks like a game id play alot

all i'm really hoping for with this game is something to hold my interest till skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like its shaping up to be a pretty good game. It'll at least be something to tide me over until bigger games like BF3 or skyrim come out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/06/de...n-september-6/

Release Date september 6th for us september 9th everywhere else