Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    why the fuck would quitters still be on here ?!
    if they are here then they didnt really quit.
    FACE IT! YES IM POINTING AT YOU... YOU WILL COME BACK

the reason was easy : game become more horrible with every patch.
    and with icc being cleared pretty fast the only thing you could do was being bored.
    bgs suck, balance in arena is horrible and pve content is easy as shit.
    was damn easy to quit tbh. that was 14 months ago and i still dont miss a damn thing.
    just here to see how the game goes down and how addicted idiots QQ when someone says the truth.

Deleted
    The game became utterly annoying and boring

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit the game because it was either A: Play World of Warcraft, or B: Actually putting in a proper effort in my school stuff.

I'm not stupid, so I obviously took option B. It's quite amazing how many choose A.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

For a lot of people just starting the genre, WoW can still be a good game. But I think there's only a matter of time before the game gets dull for a long time player. I played EQ1 for 5 years and when WoW came out it was an easy transition. Trust me though I still check up on EQ, even if it's just once or twice a year. Ultimately I think I imagined it to be a game better than it was. Same for WoW. I will stop playing for a while, get an urge to come back, and figure out as soon as I log in why I left in the first place.

Usually it goes like this:
    1) I get bored.
    2) I start playing some console games for a while.
    3) After a few months I miss building up a character and playing in a persistent world.
    4) I log back into WoW. Maybe hop into a 40min DPS queue. After about 10min of hopping around Orgrimmar, I log back out and start playing Killzone 3.

Bottom line is that there hasn't been a game to beat WoW yet in the MMO genre and it sucks. I want to play an MMO, just not WoW. I'm hoping GW2 turns out to be good.

I quit because I got bored very fast in Cata. Outside wednesdays raids, there was 6 days of boredom. There was little to no replay value at all.

Quit...I´m taking a break every year for a 3 months in a row, it´s better. Play almost 6 yrs, raided as rogue and lock in vanilla/BC and now i´m tired cauze my main and alts are /from WotLK/ hybrid classes...shammie, pala, DK and dr00d. I´m 30 on July, have less time to play, last two months I´ve logged only 4 raids 2times a week only to hear my buddies on TS and for fun...
    When my subs expired last month, I thought I´m quit...but take a break, start leveling my hunter (again, never reached more then lvl60 and delete this toon, now lvl63 in 2 days played/ and I feel good. As pure dps have no stress and maybe I´ll ask 4 invite to my guild again with this char.
    I´m looking forward to be guild-active again, with no pain in collecting different pieces of equip on my main and alt(s) with my "luck" on drops, have only gathering prof., LW/JWC/Ench done on max so maybe I´ll have funtimes again like a more than two yrs before...
    So my advice - take o long brake and than return...
    BTW WoW /and now Witcher 2/ are the only games on my pc...and man have to play something...or with something 8-)

I haven't quit but I could see myself doing so quickly if I didn't have so many friends still playing.
    The roleplay is the only that is new and interesting each night and to be honest if I wasn't a Roleplayer, this game would have gotten stale a while ago.

Deleted
    Because of the game's redesign, removal of features I like and addition of features I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    Game being shit,and going deeper and deeper into becoming even bigger shit.
    Shit.
    That's one way of putting it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Blizzards increasing money grubbing tactics with selling those pets and mounts to idiots made me decide that they don't deserve the money we already pay them if they are gonna pull that crap under the guise of only 50% to charity. Blizzard is rolling in the doe enough they don't deserve any additional money on top of subscriptions.
    This. It is so obvious that they are becoming more and more greedy. And not only that, but they are also pumping out way less content. If I feel that my money is going to waste, than you ain't getting it.

And also, you become bored if you play the same game for 6 years, no matter how good it is. (And it isn't good now anyway).

I only have a problem with people who quit and make a scene about it.

Like Totalbiscuit. He's kind of the king of attention whores.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Besides raiding theres nothing to do. I'am raiding abit friday night, clearing the current content, and then i'am logging out again waiting for the next reset. Theres nothing else to do, no need to farm or anything. still loves raiding tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I only have a problem with people who quit and make a scene about it.

Like Totalbiscuit. He's kind of the king of attention whores.
    He had a larger number of people who subscribed to his channel just to watch the WoW videos. I assume he felt they deserved an explanation. 'Scenes' happen when there are that many people watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix View Post
    I don't understand. When I quit something, I never want to see it again.
    My subriction ended 3 weeks ago, my guild stopped raiding, there wasn't much of an alternative to that on my faction/realm, still checking the forums on a daily basis. I can't wait for 4.2, my guild will probably start raiding again, else I have to consider a faction change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    Tbh, people who are saying content was too easy surely haven't raided that much in cata.. This tier contains some really enjoyable and hard heroic mode bosses. Im still playing because im in a guild with a nice community and that's what keeps it fun as well as the casual raiding we do, and leveling alts never gets old ^^
    The thing with heroic modes is, it's just a rehash of the same content. If you could start right into the heroic modes I could see it being fun. But having to grind up equipment in normal modes so you can THEN do heroic modes always was pointless to me. I don't want to do stuff all over again, just with an added mechanic here and there. For the same reason I never play through singleplayer games again on a harder difficulty after finishing them once (exception being games with light/dark side choices throughout).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

i did quit because i got bored of doing the same every single day, same hcs, same dailies, troll in trade chat and duel outside of SW, i dont raid, and also because i never play the same video game for more than a couple of months, no matter how good the game is, i always get bored and usually after a good break, i come back play a couple of months and quit again...

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix View Post
    May I ask, why? If your interested is that obvious.. why are you not playing the game as opposed to just reading others opinions about it?

I don't understand. When I quit something, I never want to see it again.
    WoW isn't the same game we all joined (unless you joined in Cata).
    We may still like WoW, just not the current state of it.
    BTW, any paying customer pays for forums on blizzard website. You could say that visiting this website is like paying rent for a condo, but sleeping on a bench in a park.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    The thing with heroic modes is, it's just a rehash of the same content. If you could start right into the heroic modes I could see it being fun. But having to grind up equipment in normal modes so you can THEN do heroic modes always was pointless to me. I don't want to do stuff all over again, just with an added mechanic here and there. For the same reason I never play through singleplayer games again on a harder difficulty after finishing them once (exception being games with light/dark side choices throughout).
    Yea I agree with this. Sure the heroic modes might be more challenging... but it's the same damn thing. That's why I always wondered why they abandoned the Ulduar model. It was really so well done.

Social aspects and general immersion have been systematically destroyed. Beyond raiding, arena, and rated BGs, there is next to no reason to interact with anyone else in the game.

That being said, besides those 3 remaining social aspects to the game, there is no challenge. To put things in perspective, I quit 3 weeks into cataclysm (renewed for 1 month a week before launch) and I basically ran out of things to do. The most common critique at this point is, did you go 13/13hm? Well obviously no I didn't as I quit 3 weeks into cata. But there is a difference between running out of random crap to do and running out of compelling crap to do. To take an extreme example, do you have exalted with bloodsail? Well then you haven't run out of stuff to do!!! But really, that's not a good argument. So while I may not have experienced the hm content, I did experience most of the normal mode content and I cleared out pretty much everything short of raiding... in 3 weeks.

There simply wasn't any challenge in the game other than unbalanced pvp and hm raiding. That's far too little content to pay 15/month.

Oh, and the storyline sucked. While I might be forgetting at this point, I don't think there even was anything to point you to go to BWD or throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesshern View Post
    Someone should report them to the RSPCA/Animal Curelty then
    looooooooool
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥