Thread: [TV] Farscape

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Farscape

Easily the best series i have ever watched, im nearing the last episode of season 4, does anyone have any other good space shows? (not startrek) and no cartoons :P thanks !

and by chance was a 5th season ever made ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Farscape is my favorite "space" series. But if you haven't yet, check out Firefly (and its movie Serenity post-series), and BSG.

There was no 5th season, but there WAS a 4 hour mini-series called "The Peacekeeper Wars" that wrapped the show up. And a great 4 hours too. It's essential viewing if you're a Farscape fan. Bring tissues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farscape is my fave series of ALL time but as Dis said, Firefly if you haven't is also AMAZING

and also it's a bit more serious, but check out the remade Battlestar Galactica, it's ALOT more series, but still just a FANTASTIC Space show.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved Farscape so much when it was running. Easily one of my favorite TV shows of all time, think Im gonna have to re-watch it now.

Edit: Yeah Firefly was alright and of course Battlestar Galactica too.
    Last edited by Chloride; 2011-05-31 at 02:43 AM. Reason: more
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Lexx - This is another unique space show, and I found it highly enjoyable. Sci-Fi Channel aired Lexx and Farscape on the same night way back in the day when they were still making new Farscape episodes.

Firefly - It is a space western. That may sound corny, but they really pull it off and it is an excellent series.

Babylon 5 - The effects may look a bit dated, but it is a great show. it is not the most action-packed show, but it has an excellent story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried to watch Farscape twice in the past and always dropped it after awhile. Not sure why as it is totally the type of series I would like. Giving it another shot over the past couple of week. For some reason, it just does not grab me and make me wanna watch more for some reason.

I 2nd Babylon 5. Really well made series. Like was already said, not action packed, but I great slow burn buildup to a great conclusion.

Also I would recommend Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Easily the best Trek series, even if you are not a big trek fan. Watch Babylon 5 first and if you dig it give DS9 a shot. Many people think that The original idea for DS9 was actully a stolen idea from the Babylon 5 creators, but I think they are both excellent series.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2011-05-31 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone know where i can find the mini series? ive looked everyhwere watching stuff online and none have season "5" or a mini series

Deleted
    Strangely I never really got caught up in Farscape. I have all seasons on my PC but havn't watched more than 2 and a half seasons. It's just too boring and not enough plot although the characters are very likeable.

Firely and BSG are excellent though. Don't miss out on those whatever you do. Firefly especially is only 13 episodes (+ a 2 hour movie) so it's a quick watch.

Babylon 5 as mentioned, is a little old but is almost as epic as BSG once you get to the later seasons. It starts off very slow though which makes it rather tedious to get into.

Here's a link from the piratebay if you use torrents: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5924...1.ac3.subs-MCH
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-06-01 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heringer91 View Post
    does anyone know where i can find the mini series? ive looked everyhwere watching stuff online and none have season "5" or a mini series
    http://www.amazon.com/Farscape-Peace.../dp/B0006FO9B0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    /Snip[/url]
    Might wanna take that link out of there. I am pretty sure posting torrent links is against the rules.

And the Mini series is called The Peacekeeper Wars

Farscape, Babylon 5 and Firefly are, in my opinion, the best Sci-fi shows thusfar
    Star Trek, in it's various incarnations, has had good and bad episodes but the majoriry have been rather average really, but overall it's still a strong and respectable franchise of course. Stargate's good too, and I think the Universe spinoff had a lot of untapped potential and was really starting to find its feet at the end but simply didn't have time. SG1 and Atlantis are very enjoyable as well but have frequent 'mehpisodes' and and unfortunately often fall back on that most evil of evils, the clipshow that contains only three minutes of actual content and the rest is just flashbacks from previous episodes
    Battlestar Galactica's good too but doesn't have the comedic charm of Farscape or manage to be quite as deep as Babylon 5

well you gotta watch the movie too man "Peacekeeper Wars" get it.

then, check out Stargate SG1 (its got a lot of the same cast members in the later seasons) and Stargate Atlantis is pretty good too.

Deleted
    I just watched the first episode yesterday evening and the one thing that bothered me were the muppet aliens. Srsly, the things looked like they came straight out of Sesame Street. Its not gonna stop me from watching the show after all the good things I've heard about it, but what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering it is a Henson Company production and I think Jim Hensons son worked on the series, that isnt all that surprising.

Space: Above and Beyond is/was way better although unfortunately it only lasted 1 series. Looooaaads of great episodes. No silly muppet characters or aliens that are actually just humans with slightly wrinkly foreheads as seems to be the case in most other space sci fi shows.