Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thumbs down Will GW2 kill WoW ?

Personally i think WoW is dieing a lil bit everyday. =(

Deleted
    Hopefully not, I want the majority of the WoW community to stay the hell where they are.

This might get locked.

There's already a fairly large topic for GW2, but to answer your question, no it won't. Since GW2 is B2P, you can play both WoW and GW2 without needing to spend any excess monthly fees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define "Kill"

Short answer: No it wont, period.

Now I'm just gonna say that there's a lot of similar topics in the past and I think this will end like the rest of them. Shut down and placed under the proverbial rug.

Sure there are <x> amount of people that have gotten bored with WoW nor has it aged well but it's there and still kicking. Even if half the population left there would still be enough people to raid with, go for a walk to the bank and back to the mailbox and still get angry on the forums about that one PuG where you think you got kicked 'cause you were 2 "leet".

Probably Not, I am looking forward to it tho, but I don't know if I will quit playing WoW, really depends on how good GW2 is. I wouldn't say wow is dying but... Yes many people are getting bored of it with no good alternatives.

That said I have high hopes.

Old topic YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will X game kill WoW

It never happens, it always backfires just like age of conan - warhammer etc

So in conflusion; Nope

I don't think WoW will ever die. Maybe some day it will lose its spot as the number 1 MMO (GW2 looks amazing but I don't think it will beat WoW) but it will always have a several million subscribers I bet until the day Blizzard just decides to turn off the servers.

No game will kill WoW in the forseeable future. Games like EQ and EQ2 are still alive.

Will it make a dent in WoW? Perhaps, but it would be silly to HOPE a game would die. I am definitely looking forward to GW2 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

I think "Will X Kill WoW" topics should be grounds for disciplinary action T_T

I'm a Guild Wars 2 fanboy in the worst way possible, and I say that nothing will kill WoW except for itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatanke View Post
    Old topic YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN
    This......

Doubtfully, however I think it'll dent it real good.

10+ Year Old Account
    it might for me if they come up with a mac version of it.

None of the MMOs that have come out in the past six years have been able to. WoW won't die.
    Beta Club Brosquad

WoW doesn't need any help killing itself. While Guild Wars 2 won't be the direct cause, I think it, along with SWTOR, will tempt people away and hopefully show them what MMOs should be like and that WoW isn't worth their time anymore.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probs take a few from WoW, nothing big thought cause not all of us like or want to play GW2, i can see more ppl leaving the lame WoW clone called Rift for GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, do we really want the majority of the WoW Playerbase jumping ship and ruining the community of another game?

Nothing will "kill" WoW, when it does end it won't be because a competitor took away all of Blizzard's customers