Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Google doesn't support Memorial Day.

Hey, this is totally random. I went to Google something a minute ago, and I noticed that the logo was the standard rainbow-eske Google logo... I was sorta like...whaaaaa...cause Google 'celebrates' so many obscure days for so many countries, but after Googling Google's Memorial Day logos, I saw that there were posts going back to 2005 about Google not supporting Veteran's Day or Memorial Day.

I mean, I'm not freaking out and boycotting Google or anything (because, seriously, Bing? lolol) but does anyone else find that a little strange? And to top it off, almost as a sort of smirking, annoying guy...there's a little American flag and yellow ribbon on the bottom of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Uhh like the flag they have on the front page?

I am good with the flag, American Vet, but yeah the letters in a flag or something would be good.
    Last edited by madyaks; 2011-05-31 at 01:40 AM.

I was wondering that too, but all of that is fan art. I guess no google fans are very patriotic. :3

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post

He was talking about besides that. Google usually has a giant art think that takes over their normal google symbol for literally EVERY HOLIDAY. Even the tiniest little ones, they usually have some art for it.

Huh, never thought about it, but yea that is a bit weird.

Well, they can run their website the way they want to. Who knows, maybe the guy who did the logo changing had the day off for memorial day?

That is a little weird isn't it. Usually the Google image is change to Theme the day. Google has shown me special event days I never knew exsisted, but not memorial day?

Eh, weird, probable mistake on their part, but nothing to get worked up over.

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    Hey, this is totally random. I went to Google something a minute ago, and I noticed that the logo was the standard rainbow-eske Google logo... I was sorta like...whaaaaa...cause Google 'celebrates' so many obscure days for so many countries, but after Googling Google's Memorial Day logos, I saw that there were posts going back to 2005 about Google not supporting Veteran's Day or Memorial Day.

I mean, I'm not freaking out and boycotting Google or anything (because, seriously, Bing? lolol) but does anyone else find that a little strange? And to top it off, almost as a sort of smirking, annoying guy...there's a little American flag and yellow ribbon on the bottom of the page.
    Maybe they can't come up with a way to make scenes of military into letters?
    They did add an image below the search bar.

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post

I am good with the flag, American Vet, but yeah the letters in a flag or something would be good.
    That be in my post.

But, as someone else said, they normally have pretty intricate art work, bordering on overkill. Like when the Google logo was a playable Pac-Man, or a Youtube video.
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

this is the first time i realized you have memorial day.

Maybe it's just because it's only celebrated in one country and it's already well known to the rest of the world? Usually they only go for international holidays/mostly unknown ones.

I believe the American flag and yellow ribbon shows their support for Memorial Day just fine tbh. I'm not sure if Google changes the home page according to what country you're in, but if it doesn't why should the rest of the world care?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    I believe the American flag and yellow ribbon shows their support for Memorial Day just fine tbh. I'm not sure if Google changes the home page according to what country you're in, but if it doesn't why should the rest of the world care?
    They do actually.
    What am I?

Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    Well, if you Google 'Google logo art' you will come across a month by month breakdown of the Google logo art. They have things like people I've never heard of's birthdays, which would supposedly be very important in some country/s but not in mine...or Hong Kong Children's Day and such.

Like I said, it's not a -huge- deal, just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wosret View Post
    They do actually.
    I did not know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mentioned it, theres only a flag. Usually they go all nuts about stuff.

Don't you get it? It nothing putting up anything fancy meant that nothing has changed. They only deserve a medal and the day must go on.

Google is a large company, while they do honor special days, they avoid things religious or patriotic.

No memorial day. No easter. No christmas. No hanukkah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    I was wondering that too, but all of that is fan art. I guess no google fans are very patriotic. :3

He was talking about besides that. Google usually has a giant art think that takes over their normal google symbol for literally EVERY HOLIDAY. Even the tiniest little ones, they usually have some art for it.

Yes, cause real patriotism needs to be shown on the internet. What about Blizzard? Why aren't all my characters wearing a yellow ribbon, and my guild mount replaced with an American Flag?

I have no idea why people need to see empty gestures of patriotism from internet search engines. Who cares.

What are you going to do anyway? Use Bing? LOL! Bing admitted to copying Google search results. I'll go dig for the Colbert Report video on it.

EDIT: Here it is.
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...ng-gets-served

And Joyride, Google goes completely overkill on holidays. Just look at art from every other obscure and miniscule holiday and tell me that isn't overkill. Memorial Day is somewhat of a big thing, so it is strange for them not to have something on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manthera View Post
    Google is a large company, while they do honor special days, they avoid things religious or patriotic.

No memorial day. No easter. No christmas. No hanukkah.
    They actually have other country's memorial days and such. Even 'Jordan Independance Day'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Google has to do one about every holiday now? That would mean about 1 each day.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose