Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much qqing over mounts.. If you have a look at the arena nether drakes from Arena Seasons 1 to 4 (Burning Crusade xpac) they are just normal nether drakes with armour put on them. And as far as I know no one complained back then about having reskinned nether drakes as the rewards for being good in arena.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Swift_Nether_Drake (Arena Season 1)
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Merciless_Nether_Drake (Arena Season 2)
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Vengeful_Nether_Drake (Arena Season 3)
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Brutal_Nether_Drake (Arena Season 4)

But oh no they reskinned nether drakes and added stuff to them. Oh the humanity how could blizz do this to us back then. Get a grip the new mounts are fine and yes they using a LK drake model with added armour to them but it has been done before and will be done again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...all of you people complaining do realize that almost every Gladiator mount (Season 5 excluded, I think) that came before has been one that was previously available with armor slapped on, right?

I mean, sure,if you feel like you guys deserve something more than that for the Glad reward,fine,but bringing it up so abruptly just seems like an excuse for people to continue their QQing about, "WORLD OF REHASH AND RESKINCRAFT, BAAAAWWWWWWWW"
    Last edited by Mr. Smith; 2011-05-31 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reskins/Same Skeletons have been there since well forever! I mean even the Phoenix uses the Gryphon Skeleton and you don't see anyone complaining...
    Take something that works and make it better is probably what they are thinking.

Deleted
    They should of made a version of the beryl fire hawk for gladiator. Anything less than that is unacceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirea View Post
    Reskins/Same Skeletons have been there since well forever! I mean even the Phoenix uses the Gryphon Skeleton and you don't see anyone complaining...
    Take something that works and make it better is probably what they are thinking.
    Tell that to the PVP team. If you try to please everybody, you usually end up pleasing nobody.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why doesn't Horde get any race-specific skulls? I want to decorate my war wolf with tiny gnome heads and night elf scalps!

Pretty upset over the Firehawk mounts. With three models, you'd think they could have made at least one available somewhere in the Firelands daily hub. Is it so hard to put the green one (crappiest color of the three by far) on a vendor that is only available after you've unlocked the whole zone, for 5k gold?

I'd have less of a problem with the Firehawks if they weren't one of the only two phoenix models available in game. Every other new flying mount (with very few exceptions) is either a reskin or a drake... or a reskinned drake. Just look at the launch mounts: Stone drakes used the model of normal drakes, Storm drakes are based off the nether drakes...

It would be nice if there were more mythical creatures to fly in than just dragons. Then they give us Firehawks. "Oh hey cool, three new phoenixes! And they use the proto drake skeleton, awesome choice, I love proto drakes! I wonder if I can get one maybe... Well there's three, One as a rare drop, one as a Glory of the Firelands, that leaves one available for non-raiders!...."
    *Reads this news post*

Seriously, stuff like this makes me lose faith in blizz. If I had to guess though, I'd say the green one will be for "Guild Glory of the Firelands raider" Which at least I can get if I join a decent guild and grind rep. Which means leaving my guild if I want so much as a shot at these mounts. It makes me hate the game when casuals get yet another reskinned hyppogrif (Because its not like that wasn't the major flying mount reward from the Argent Tournament or anything) but in adding THREE phoenixes to the game, they couldn't even toss the casuals one. If nearly 400 daily quests isn't enough for a casual to earn a phoenix, what the hell is? What do casual players need to do to get a bone here?

They did it right with storm drakes: Two from raids, Two not from raids. Two rare drops, two rewards. If the third phoenix isn't reasonably obtainable, I'm going to be very disappointed with blizz.

And before the "elite pro's" roll in here with their talk of how "everything should be handed to you" No. I don't want my mount handed to me. If it means doing a whopping 700 daily quests, I'd do it for that mount. But that's not the issue, is it? You don't care if the casual works for it, you only care that they didn't raid to get it, which is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Shame that those firehawks are only given to no-life losers.
    U sound mad cuz ur too bad to raid

Deleted
    IDK about you, but that horde mount looks pretty bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    More reskinned mounts. More horses and drakes. How many horses and drakes have we had already? Come on give us something new already.
    Yes. We need to ride penguins. Penguins and turtles.
    I don't understand all this QQ. Nobody is forcing you to play, Jesus Christ.

More mounts = good times. I couldn't care less if they are reskins, super reskins, or 25$ that I will definitely spend to get it. It also doesn't bother me if others also have it.

The time it takes to make the new models, the animation, the color the texture, putting it into the game... It takes a lot of work. I have family members in the gaming business and it's not always easy. Blizzard could be being lazy or be so busy it's hard for them to make everyone happy. Not everyone is gonna be happy with the changes, btw some people wanted Vanilla back and when they brought in ZG as an instance people said they just re-skinned! I would also like you to define how Blizzard is being "lazy" explain please ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosemon View Post
    U sound mad cuz ur too bad to raid
    Being too bad to raid would mean that you are in a comatized state of vegetableness.
    Anything better than that means that you can clear any pve-content tbh.

No known source of the green firehawk yet?

please please PLEASE be a new reward for a higher tier of mount collecting achievements... a man can dream.

drakes looks like shit,
    steeds looks like shit,
    fire hawks looks like shit,
    flametalon looks like shit,
    flameward hippogryph looks like shit,

horde pvp wolf mount looks AWESOME!!

shame on you blizzard, you are not the company once you used to be :/

You mean I cant just buy these mounts for $25 each?!?!?! THAT NO FAIR BLIZZARD I DEMAND I BE ABLE TO BUY THESE MOUNTS.
    I suck at pvp and pve and the only skill I have is entering my credit card number into web sites, so Ill never be able to get these mounts.
    QQ blizz I hate you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Yes. We need to ride penguins. Penguins and turtles.
    I don't understand all this QQ. Nobody is forcing you to play, Jesus Christ.
    No one's forcing you to reply or be so hostile about it, ponyfag.

Love the Nerfnow comic

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    yes, they are very time consuming to make and make a whole range of animations for, then polish them, then fit the model onto it, check the clipping of the model when doing tha animations, then add the skin/pallet, etc.
    making a good model take alot of going back again and again and again and again and again....
    To start from complete scratch, yes. However, they don't have to -- even adding a few unique animations to each new mount would do a lot to add more personality and coolness.

More time and effort? Yes. But hardly unreasonable.

Often it's the animations of a model that really give it personality, since in actual gameplay you rarely have time for a careful inspection of the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    yah i agree, they should just be handed out like candy so none of them are unique at all, why should people have anything unique in the game, after all we all pay 15$ a month !

/end sarcasm
    Aaannd .... you need mounts to be a special/unique/awesome individual amirite? Because your $15 a month doesn't get you Raids/PvP/Achievements/Titles/Gear/World firsts/server firsts. The way these greedy raiders act they should rename WoW too "World of Mountcraft" considering its the real reason raiders actually waste time in raids anymore. To hell with the lore/goal/achievements/titles/knowledge of doing it first and when it was hard right? /eyeroll
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats the lighting one, your thinking moltress.

also I'm kinda shocked blizz hasn't done something like this flaming dragon on fire.
    The model looks like zapdos, just a different color.