Deleted

Is it ok to get small parts early?

I am going to get
    Samsung SH-S222AB/BEBE 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)
    Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Case - Black
    Cooler Master GX 650W Power Supply
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache

Is it ok to get these parts now, and get the big bits all together near september or november?

Yes, but it's not recommended.

Parts you buy now will already be 6 months old and you will have harder time to get replacements if anything is DOA, and have to go through slow RMA channels. And if something has 6 months warranty it will be already over by November, or close to it. Prices of those parts probably won't change dramatically in that time, but you might be able to pick bigger HDD for same price.

Also, CoolerMaster's GX series PSUs are generally considered to be sorta-kinda crap. It will work in normal use, but can't push it anywhere close to maximum.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-05-31 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typos
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    well i dont want to spend over £60 on a psu, can you recommend any?

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 11:04 AM ----------

well iam getting the case and drive today, i think ill leave the hardrive, but i psu dont drop do they, i just want something to run a 6850 and then crossfire soon after.

why are you so eager on buying them now? just put whatever money you have on a savings account and buy everything together when you get enough money.

Deleted
    True bit i just thought would it matter if i just got the small parts now.

Deleted
    how do i know what makes are good ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rageatheart55 View Post
    how do i know what makes are good ?
    http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...ml#post9110838

I'd recommend taking a look at the brand profiles threads linked. For example he goes through Corsairs different PSU's very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Then wait until you are willing to do so. A 650W power supply alone is pretty damn low, and unlikely to run Crossfire on 6850, but when it's a bad quality PSU at that, it's even worse. The PSU is the most important part of your system. NEVER cheap out on them.
    Of course it will run a Crossfire 6850. I don't know about the Cooler Master (probably not), but Corsair 650TX will be able to run even a triple crossfire 6850s.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-31 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    i might get that corsair 650TX its a extra £8 but iam sure its worth it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 12:04 PM ----------

what will a 6850 run wow at?

Get the corsair. Bought the 650 a month ago and works like a charm,

But like the others said: wait and buy everything at the same time. No point in buying now, when you can probably get the same or better parts cheaper in september or whenever.

Cant see why not, go for it.

I currently have a intel 120GBSSD and Intel 2600k on order but I wont using them for at least a couple of months. I just could not pass up on the deal.

Edit**But I would probably do something about that power supply, I never understood why people always purchase such weak PSUS.

Then wait until you are willing to do so. A 650W power supply alone is pretty damn low, and unlikely to run Crossfire on 6850, but when it's a bad quality PSU at that, it's even worse. The PSU is the most important part of your system. NEVER cheap out on them.
    Unless he intends to overclock (which may still be possible - I'm not experienced in that field), SLI or Crossfire (both requiring better +12v rails) literally any Corsair PSU should be fine. >>

Deleted
    Ultra, although with multisampling/full shadows on, it may be a bit laggy. I can do ultra on a lower laptop gfx card.

Deleted
    Ah ok well from what you ive read and you have told me, i be getting the corsair, and i dont plan on overclocking, just want to play rift, wow, gw2

I should have clarified i meant if he was using a low quality low power PSU, not a decent quality one. Corsair wasn't even mentioned before my post.
    Sorry if I came across as targeting you. I was just expanding on your statement, or trying to at least. xD