Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

tank's or healers leaving immediately after entering the dungeon

So i've had this problem several times now,

Tanks or healers can get this Satchel of excotic mysteries (sure u all know that) by using the dungeon finder.
    Now this is suposed to lower queue times for dps (wich it doesnt even do), it gave us a new problem, tanks or healers leave immediately after entering the dungeon.

In my eyes what theyr trying to do is: Join a dungeon already in progress so they put less effort into easy satchels, now this pisses me off EXTREMELY.
    I got NOTHING against the satchel really as my main is a healer, but people using the system like this leaves dps's in a tough position as it increases their queue time not only by the 15 minute cooldown but they also gotta requeue afterwards and wait the normal dps time (aprox 20-30 minutes) .This can go on and on and wont help anybody, yesterday i spent 1 hour queueing (20 min queue 15 min coodlown another 25 min queue) and 1 hour in dungeon making it 2 hours for 70 valors. I'd like opnions on this matter.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks and healers already did this before the satchel was introduced.
    Maybe it's not the most social thing to do, but look @ it the other way.
    I'm a tank, got only 20 mins left. Why not give dungeon finder a go to see if i can find a quick dungeon?
    Better then tanking no dungeons @ all, right?
    This does not increase your queue timer by more then 1 minute, as you'll stay on top of the dungeon finder queue if someone leaves.
    Last edited by Téuntjûh; 2011-05-31 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldennis View Post

Tanks or healers can get this Satchel of excotic mysteries (sure u all know that) by using the dungeon finder.
    Now this is suposed to lower queue times for dps (wich it doesnt even do), it gave us a new problem, tanks or healers leave immediately after entering the dungeon.

In my eyes what theyr trying to do is: Join a dungeon already in progress so they put less effort into easy satchels, now this pisses me off EXTREMELY.
    I got NOTHING against the satchel really as my main is a healer, but people using the system like this leaves dps's in a tough position as it increases their queue time not only by the 15 minute cooldown but they also gotta requeue afterwards and wait the normal dps time (aprox 20-30 minutes) .This can go on and on and wont help anybody, yesterday i spent 1 hour queueing (20 min queue 15 min coodlown another 25 min queue) and 1 hour in dungeon making it 2 hours for 70 valors. I'd like opnions on this matter.
    You do realize if your queue pops, and the tanks bails, you can just re-queue while still in the dungeon and get the next available tank, rather then having to start all over?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I usually wait 2-3 mins to find another healer/tank when they leave the instance in the beginning..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    You do realize if your queue pops, and the tanks bails, you can just re-queue while still in the dungeon and get the next available tank, rather then having to start all over?
    i tried this and it still makes me queue for at least 10 or 15 minutes (still got dps's leaving after tank and healer left also)

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try this. Next time tank or healer leaves, don't join the bandwagon of leavers. Stay and wait for replacement to join. Be a part of the solution, and not part of the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Tanks and healers already did this before the satchel was introduced.
    i know but with the satchel it got way worse and happens way more often (in my eyes)

I normally stay, however if I join and half the group is in full PVP gear/or half there gear isn't gemmed/enchanted then I will leave automatically.

1) Group is formed
    2) Tank leaves
    3) Remaining group wishes to continue and signs up for a new tank
    4) Ask where in the world everyone lives, or how many characters at 85 they have or how much gold they have, how far they have been in raids... take your pick. Introduce yourselves to each other, wow is a social game and within a few minutes you will get a new tank and you just made a bunch of new friends + set the atmosphere for a nice friendly run.
    5) Tank joins
    6) Pew pew.

Most dungeons and heroics go much more smoothly and are far more enjoyable when everyone is friendly to each other and having a good time.
    If you join a group and the healer is moaning about a dps' low iLvL, another dps is telling the healer that he is a noob for letting him die on trash and there is a mage saying "go go go" after every pull...it's irritating and you aren't going to enjoy the run.
    But if you join a group where people actually take the time and put in the effort to be the least bit friendly towards each other, the run is going to be much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Sinshroud; 2011-05-31 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOccidio View Post
    I normally stay, however if I join and half the group is in full PVP gear/or half there gear isn't gemmed/enchanted then I will leave automatically.
    been there, usually dont care if dps is in pvp gear and does decent dps and know the tacs and can follow them as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually they leave because they either hate the particular instance or because they've done it a few times that day already.

If I'd have ZA for the 5th time on a day, I'd probably leave when I get in it for the 6th time Nothing to do whetever it's a fresh run or an 'in progress' run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinshroud View Post
    1) Group is formed
    2) Tank leaves
    4) Ask where in the world everyone lives, or how many characters at 85 they have or how much gold they have, how far they have been in raids... take your pick. Introduce yourselves to each other, wow is a social game and within a few minutes you will get a new tank and you just made a bunch of new friends + set the atmosphere for a nice friendly run.
    5) Tank joins
    6) Pew pew.
    socialize with them. Hmm never tried that, might give this a shot really thanks

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i know but with the satchel it got way worse and happens way more often (in my eyes)
    Satchel is the only reason for loads of tanks these days to tank anything @ all
    Means you get a new tank quicker after one leaves.
    They extra tanks might not finish every instance, but at least they queue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Usually they leave because they either hate the particular instance or because they've done it a few times that day already.

If I'd have ZA for the 5th time on a day, I'd probably leave when I get in it for the 6th time Nothing to do whetever it's a fresh run or an 'in progress' run.
    but if u queue for a ZA or ZG run u got 50% to get the dungeon u dont like as much as the other, queueing and leaving when the dungeon u dont like pops op is just silly, cause u could've seen it coming

Deleted
    Technically DPS can get the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries too, so next time there's too many tanks and healers and not enough DPS just think: you'll be able to do the same thing!

In my experience when a DPS or two quits the group after the tank or healer leaves they're not usually people I wanted to stay anyway. Had an apallingly bad healer for Venoxis the other day and when he quit he took two of the DPS with him, the new healer and DPS arrived in about 60 seconds and were much better players so we sailed through the rest of the instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Satchel is the only reason for loads of tanks these days to tank anything @ all
    Means you get a new tank quicker after one leaves.
    They extra tanks might not finish every instance, but at least they queue
    so what's the "win" in this as far as i can see it only loses dps for longer queues (might be wrong here dont know ur experiences in queues these days)

socialize with them. Hmm never tried that, might give this a shot really thanks
    No way, I mean socialize in an MMO game? That's crazy talk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidStar View Post
    Technically DPS can get the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries too, so next time there's too many tanks and healers and not enough DPS just think: you'll be able to do the same thing!
    Dont see this happening :P

Quote Originally Posted by VoidStar View Post
    In my experience when a DPS or two quits the group after the tank or healer leaves they're not usually people I wanted to stay anyway. Had an apallingly bad healer for Venoxis the other day and when he quit he took two of the DPS with him, the new healer and DPS arrived in about 60 seconds and were much better players so we sailed through the rest of the instance.
    this is true tho, i agree with this
    Last edited by mmocde0b533ce7; 2011-05-31 at 11:48 AM. Reason: forgot to react on 2nd quote :P

Quote Originally Posted by crazysmacker View Post
    well, maybe they just don't like that dungeon to begin with. had MANY tanks leave after they saw it was heroic DM b/c nothing really dropped for tanks there.

when i que up for the non Zul heroic my que time is like 10 mins now (40+ mins before the CtA), and even the ques for the Zul dungeons imo have gotten a bit shorter. plus, i beg to differ on you that you have had 20 min que times as a dps for heroics since you started running them.
    I agree here on the queue times, they have gotten a LOT shorter for the normal heroics(around 10-12 minutes). For the ZA/ZG dungeons on my DPS toons queue time is always around 25-35 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinshroud View Post
    1) Group is formed
    2) Tank leaves
    5) Tank joins
    6) Pew pew.
    Your strange ways confuse us.