Arrow How to figure out the next hero class and how to NOT figure out, discussion.

As some of you suggests Demon Hunter, Necromancer, Runemaster, Monk and Blademaster, etc as the new hero class to come.

You all forget a the most important thing around presenting a new hero class, and that is -how it will be presented- as we see with Death Knight, they are build around the arch enemy Lich King, servant of him, risen by him but break free.

If you want to discuss, suggest what could be the next hero class, start there.

#1 What could be the next expansion theme?
    #2 What could be the next arch enemy in the next expansion?
    #3 Then how is the hero class involved, connected with the theme or arch enemy of the expansion?

Also I like to add, I'm 100% for any hero class there must be a master, trainer with significance lore about him.
    Who will guide you the first steps? If not Lich King. Who will it be?

A villian?
    A friend of both Horde and Alliance? Neutral? Who?

Deleted
    I agree with you, that there should be a very good theme for the hero class. But you should not forget, that it is not easy to make a arch enemy and create a hero class specially for this enemy. I would go that far and say that it is not that necassary.
    Yes, there should be a arch enemy. And there should be a very good lore and starting experience for the hero class.

So let my answer your questions, and build it into my idea of the Blademaster. (feel free to read my post about it)
    The next expansion theme could be the South Seas. There are a lot of Islands, different beings to fight and ally with (Naga, pirates, makura?, murlocs, even stuff from old gods and demons.)
    The arch enemy would be Queen Azshara and her army of naga.
    So how to connect the Blademaster with the Naga? Let me try to explain.
    Queen Azshara, the leader of the highborn, was seduced by Sargeras himself, to open a portal to Azeroth. To that time there where no orcs on Azeroth but one, and that was Broxigar. Since the corruption of the orcs on Nagrand through Kil'Jaeden, and the following war against the draenai, later the war against the humans, there were Blademaster in the lines of the horde. Some where felorcs, but after the redemption through Grom Hellscream (a Blademaster) the orc Blademaster swore an oath to fight demons, where ever they will meet them (my words, but similar written on wowiki). The Naga/Highborn worked together with the demons, and they still might. So there is the connection, why the Blademaster rise again.
    Now to the master. In my post I related to Lantresor of the blade, who is in fact, half orc and half draenai. There is the connection for the Blademaster to the Alliance, and the Horde. If you so encouraging my to create some lore (which I normaly don't like that much) I give it a try. Do you remember Samuro, the Blademaster of Warcraft 3, I think Frozen Throne? He fought together with Rexxar against the father of Jaina. After that mission, Samuro disappeared, and has yet not returned. What if the orc traveled the south seas, and found evidence for the presence of demons of the Burning Legion in the south seas, and the naga, using or allying with them? Let's not forget that the Tomb of Sargeras is situated near these islands. So Samura foresees this threat and travels back to Nagrand to convince Lantresor to establish a new clan/guild/school of the Blademaster. Samuro and Lantresor being not that strongly bonded to the wars of the races of Azeroth, know, that only the combined force of all races can stop the Burning Legion, and the Naga with the mightiest creature on Azeroth besides the Dragonaspects. Azshara. So they start to recruit scholars. After the completion of their training the Blademaster are send to their faction leader (Garrosh and Wrynn), those of the Blademaster who wanted to stay neutral join the ranks of the new faction.
    Garrosh, his father being a Blademaster, would be happy to reinstate that elite force to the Horde, (to crush the Alliance of course) Varian would be happy to have his own Blademaster, just to see the rage on Garrosh's face and of course the Blademaster are respected by his advisers and veterans.

I am aware that Samuro is also the lead singer of the Tauren Chieftains (aka Samwise Didier) who uses Samuro as one of his nicknames (another is panda I believe). Can't solve that problem, tbh.

I hope I could give you a good impression of how I imagine the story.
    Last edited by mmoc95d897233e; 2011-05-31 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need any new classes in the game.. too many as it is now. Just make the ones we have enjoyable to play again.
    You can only divide .....tank-heals-dps in so many ways.
    Tank -heals- dps ..have been mmo-rpg since good ole days of graph paper and 12 sided di. You can't change that formula.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    They don't need any new classes in the game.. too many as it is now. Just make the ones we have enjoyable to play again.
    You can only divide .....tank-heals-dps in so many ways.
    Tank -heals- dps ..have been mmo-rpg since good ole days of graph paper and 12 sided di. You can't change that formula.
    Fair point, still I guess the TO, me and many other people like to speculate and discuss about such ideas.
    Also you don't have to change that formula, you have to impliment the classes in a unique way, yes, and that is still possible.

tbh there are other ways we can divide. Dedicated range tank. Kite tanks. Tanks that work through parrying, dogding and just sheer amounts of armour.

Then For Dps you have Melee and range, dots, solid damage

Healers we have range, but what about melee. Then you have those which heal through blocking damage, disc priests.

and we still have a region of classes we can explore like support. which can dps and heal. but work mainly in raids in a buffing capacity. Such as maybe a spell which buffs 1 player with +10% crit for 10s with 20s cooldown. there are many things which can be done.

But I agree that the best way to guess a hero class is guess the theme. But then that has twice the error as one guess