Deleted

Holy Paladins and Disc Priests

Hey, i was wondering how big the gap is between Holy Paladin in pvp and Priests in PVP. Yes i know that Priest are superior but im really enjoying healing on my paladin, but still want to get rating. Will i be at a massive bad disadvantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmetal56 View Post
    Hey, i was wondering how big the gap is between Holy Paladin in pvp and Priests in PVP. Yes i know that Priest are superior but im really enjoying healing on my paladin, but still want to get rating. Will i be at a massive bad disadvantage?
    Every healer can be viable in high end arena. Some have advantages (Def not referring to shamans, nope.) in comp selection and abilities, but all healers are represented in 2800+ comps.

And with 4.2 coming, I'll quote from one of my favorite blogs
    These changes all together will definitely make Paladins viable again. I’ve been playing some Shadowcleave on Live with a Paladin, and it’s not even that much worse than Shadowcleave with a Shaman since it heals through TSG quite well. The Beacon of Light change will be pretty huge, as on PTR right now it’s not affected by Smoke Bomb. “Denounce” will be incredibly useless unless the paladin plays with a Warlock to cover up the debuff. Also I don’t really see how a Paladin’d just have a few spare globals to get an Exorcism off on a target when they’re lining up a kill (since this is when you’d use it). Infusion of Light is going to be quite ridiculous with the Healing Crit change. You’ll be able to do a lot of healing with instants, Season 8 style. This just might be that push paladins need. The buffs to Speed of Light are incredible, being able to kite every 40 seconds and every 20 seconds is simply amazing for a Paladin.

Deleted
    So, it doesnt matter which healer i choose really. just what i want to play xD

The changes to holy paladin do look absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmetal56 View Post
    So, it doesnt matter which healer i choose really. just what i want to play xD

The changes to holy paladin do look absolutely amazing.
    The answer to every "Which class should I play" is always the class you enjoy ^.^
    Best of luck with your pvp endeavors

The thing is that pallys have a stun that dr's with EVERY OTHER class's stun. So that means they are not that great of a ccer as they can only interrupt if close and there only cc is on a dr with everyone else's. They also have no way to GTFO when shit is going down.

Holy Paladins are viable in 3s, it's just the fact that you could gain so much rating by taking almost any other healer. Unless you're going straight for glad, I'd say go with your Paladin since that's what you enjoy playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donalduckadin View Post
    Holy Paladins are viable in 3s, it's just the fact that you could gain so much rating by taking almost any other healer. Unless you're going straight for glad, I'd say go with your Paladin since that's what you enjoy playing.
    Im not going for Glad at all =P. I just want ot get 2200+ in arenas. Not saying i cant do that on my priest. I just get so bored of my priest.

Deleted
    Priest is, by far, A LOT better than paladin right now. If you want to think short-term, don't bother going paladin unless you want to play Frost TSG or double frost before the 4.2 nerf. Priests have tons of viable comps and are quite fun to play, unlike paladins where you just play everything perfect else you get caught in a CC and sit there for an hour while your partners die.

If we're talking longer term, like Jubite has already said, paladins will become quite viable again in several different comps, even. They are already viable, but only in melee cleaves and the odd warrior/mage/paladin or shadowcleave, which is shit, at least as far as I'm concerned. The quote from the blog is fairly accurate seeing as denounce is basically useless (unless you can spare a global and if they keep it instant, else it's out of the question), but both the beacon, WoG, instant flash and sprint changes are all REALLY nice. We won't be fixed, we'll still sit in CC for an hour with no shields/HoTs/anything, but we'll glasscannon heal when we come out of said CC, meaning we'll probably be brought back up to almost S8 status as far as viability goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    And with 4.2 coming, I'll quote from one of my favorite blogs
    hey hey, so we both read Cheeks blog on hydramist? ^.^

Also, make more videos! >: (
    -Thehipeey