Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dear the "NERF FROST MAGES!" complainers.

Please continue to complain about how we crit you in a bg for over 35k when we pop cds and have berserking on. Blizzard may consider balancing us around having berserking if more of you baddies qq.
    Thank you for being an easy HK /grin, sincerely
    Frost mage

10+ Year Old Account
    You mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    You mad bro?
    Nope I'm loving this stuff =D

Dear Frost Mage.

I'm a Death Knight.

Your move.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoria View Post
    Nope I'm loving this stuff =D
    And im loving the RoF/Deepfreeze DR. I guess we are all happy then.

I wouldnt worry too much. Check out the armories of the vast majority of people complaining about frost mages on the forums, most are in blues, have under 10000hks and havent set foot in arena. Half the time you can barely understand their post anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    And im loving the RoF/Deepfreeze DR. I guess we are all happy then.
    Yup, luckily I'm more of a fan of sheep to ring in arena so damn striaght I'm happy

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ryuxlol View Post
    I wouldnt worry too much. Check out the armories of the vast majority of people complaining about frost mages on the forums, most are in blues, have under 10000hks and havent set foot in arena. Half the time you can barely understand their post anyway.
    I'm not worrying a bit, I'm just bored at work =P lol

yea dring that ring is sooo baller

Fire mages are more dangerous than frost mages. The thing I hate about frost mages is them bragging about how awesome they are when they win duels. Anything blizzard does to shut that up is a plus.

Please continue to complain about how we crit you in a bg for over 35k when we pop cds and have berserking on. Blizzard may consider balancing us around having berserking if more of you baddies qq.
    Thank you for being an easy HK /grin, sincerely
    Frost mage
    QQing about QQing in a place where QQing is generally cared about.

Seems redundant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Fire mages are more dangerous than frost mages. The thing I hate about frost mages is them bragging about how awesome they are when they win duels. Anything blizzard does to shut that up is a plus.
    how exactly are fire mages more dangerous than frost mages? unless you cant interrupt for shit then you have nothing to worry about with fire mages.

Ehhh I tend to never have to much trouble with a frost mage on me it was the dks endless ds spam that bugged me, but that is a thing of the past now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK's, Warriors and Resto Shamans first pl0x.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptianmage View Post
    how exactly are fire mages more dangerous than frost mages? unless you cant interrupt for shit then you have nothing to worry about with fire mages.
    I like to think I'm far more dangerous than a frost mage. It's quite easy to bait most melee into blowing their interrupts and missing with a simple stop casting macro keybinded for scorch. The amount of pressure a fire mage can put out easily goes toe to toe with frost and usually trumps it because it's more consistent. Fire also has the 1m cauterize which makes up for the lack of a 2nd iceblock. The last difference between frost and fire then are a ranged pet nova on a 24s cd versus a 5s dragon's breath disorient on a 12s cd (glyphed).

The only problem a fire mage has at the moment is a lack of dispel protection which is made the clearest against resto shamans. However, when paired with aff (mls works best) the dispel protection that is added makes fire unbelievably good. Once 4.2 hits and the new season begins I can honestly see fire gaining some momentum and following as it will do nothing but get better as the expansion progresses.

Excactly the same as fury warrior without CDs we aren't hitting that hard.

Deleted
    Yup, luckily I'm more of a fan of sheep to ring in arena so damn striaght I'm happy
    Yeah, getting one sheep off then using a long ass cooldown like ring to CC them for another 2 seconds instead of landing a second sheep is smart stuff man.

Don't get why some people talk so much crap. Just shows how forgiving the class/spec is right now. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    yea dring that ring is sooo baller
    boom gotem

I play fire in 2s 5s and rated bgs, its a lot better than frost there at least with my play style

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    I like to think I'm far more dangerous than a frost mage. It's quite easy to bait most melee into blowing their interrupts and missing with a simple stop casting macro keybinded for scorch. The amount of pressure a fire mage can put out easily goes toe to toe with frost and usually trumps it because it's more consistent. Fire also has the 1m cauterize which makes up for the lack of a 2nd iceblock. The last difference between frost and fire then are a ranged pet nova on a 24s cd versus a 5s dragon's breath disorient on a 12s cd (glyphed).

The only problem a fire mage has at the moment is a lack of dispel protection which is made the clearest against resto shamans. However, when paired with aff (mls works best) the dispel protection that is added makes fire unbelievably good. Once 4.2 hits and the new season begins I can honestly see fire gaining some momentum and following as it will do nothing but get better as the expansion progresses.
    problem with fire however what i was saying is that if you're focused you cant really do anything as mana shield isnt anywhere near as good as ice barrier and dont have freezes like frost apart from blink and dragons breath and frost nova nothing you can really do if you are focused and ofcourse if someone leaves a fire mage on their own they will do insane damage if they get some good crits and a good combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptianmage View Post
    problem with fire however what i was saying is that if you're focused you cant really do anything as mana shield isnt anywhere near as good as ice barrier and dont have freezes like frost apart from blink and dragons breath and frost nova nothing you can really do if you are focused and ofcourse if someone leaves a fire mage on their own they will do insane damage if they get some good crits and a good combustion.
    A fire mage when specced properly has pretty much all the tools that a frost mage has. You subspec frost and get Imp CoC, 2/2 Imp CS and you're pretty much on the same playing field as a frost mage. You have nova, CoC nova, blastwave 3s 70% movement speed reduction, and dragon's breath, which is what you gain in return for losing the ranged pet nova. You do lose about ~10k using mana shield over ice barrier, but if you kite well enough and play it right, that's enough.

I'm not saying frost is crap, all I'm saying is I think fire is better, at least for me personally and when paired with the right teammates (MLS at this time) that it can shine in it's own right. Also if you nova someone and get a scorch/fire blast off then it's pretty much a guaranteed pyroblast because you have shatter (3x crit) and can use this to set up good ignites/combustions, etc. Fire plays completely different from frost and I'm really hoping they address that one nagging issue of dispel protection of some sort and it will have the chance to shine as a completely viable spec not gimped to certain partners. Frost has always been king, arcane has had it's moments, and fire was only good way back in S3 due to PoM and what not.

Deleted
    No matter what arguments you bring up, MLS and any other high-end mage comp is better (by far) with a frost mage. The only viable comp at 2500+ (I've played against a 2800 rated one) for fire is priest/frost/fire, and it is strong, other than that - huge no.

Edit: I don't mean it's shit, I'm just saying it's inferior to frost by far. I'm sure a competent bunch of players could make fire MLS or anything else work at high ratings, but they're just gimping themselves for not playing frost. Then again, if they rather fire and have more fun, by all means, do go for it.