Thread: New MMORPG?

New MMORPG?

Can someone help me find a new MMORPG to play?

Deleted
    what about wow ?

Based on the criteria you have wonderfully provided for us, I give you this: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Knock yourself out.

What do you like? Whats ur expectations? Since it wow forum, try wow and if u had, just say what u like and what u dont like in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    RIFT or EVE online. also AION. hmm what else... ?

Deleted
    If you want an MMO with subscription try the Rift and Aion trials, if you want a F2P MMO I'd recommend LotRO

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    check out ultima online. it's the best.
    I've missed UO so much. Haven't played in years but I keep thinking about diving back in......

10+ Year Old Account
    eve or any perfect world mmo theres plenty to choose from

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagzinc View Post
    what about wow ?
    wow is more of a mmoRDR now. Massive Multiplayer Online Run Dungeons Repeatedly. :P

I'd give Rift a try. You can get in on the ground floor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    wow is more of a mmoRDR now. Massive Multiplayer Online Run Dungeons Repeatedly. :P
    Take first M out, since it's not massive multiplayer, but just multiplayer online game with dungeons and raids. World may be massive, but there is little no reason to visit it and wow may have 11mil subs but you only play with small groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Take first M out, since it's not massive multiplayer, but just multiplayer online game with dungeons and raids. World may be massive, but there is little no reason to visit it and wow may have 11mil subs but you only play with small groups.
    lol so true, didnt even think of that.

Deleted
    -Rift: If you enjoyed WoW but are bored of the theme this is the game for you since Rift is WoW with a different theme pasted over.

-Aion: If you enjoy real PvP this is the game for you, PvP requires more detication than WoW will ever need. But beware...PvE in Aion is poore and pretty boring.

-DC Universe: If you enjoy being a loner, and pressing random buttons without being to worried about winning/loosing or gearing up this is the game for you. It has a original combat style BUT it gets pretty boring since you only use 3 abilities even though you have acces too 30-40.

And that's the MMO's I have played so far...all had it's ups and downs but WoW is still the king of MMO's if you ask me. And I'm not even playing WoW atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Rift, if you want to be different, try eve, feeling adventurous? Runescape. Or, look on a billion different lists provided like the special little cupcake you are
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

Deleted
    If you want to try something different, global agenda is really fun. Its more of a mmofps but its free to play, and a one time buy of 20$ gives you double exp and other benefits.

I tried the Rift trial and was bored within 3 hours. If you are bored of wow, a wow clone is probably not going to satisfy.

Other games I enjoyed were Atlantica online and Dungeons and Dragons online. Both are very different from wow, DDO is a dungeon crawler, but it has awesome dungeons and character customisation, and atlantica is like a turn based (timed) team game with many mmo elements, where you control 9 characters instead of one, but it is a very well designed game with great pvp, guild system, professions and economy. Both are free to play too, but may need a little investment to get the most out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    MMORPG -

WoW
    Rift
    EQ 1 and 2
    Perfect World or one of their MANY Asian versions
    Maple Story
    Lineage 1 and 2
    Runes of Magic
    Allods Online
    DDO
    Guild Wars
    Conan the failed barbarian
    Vanguard
    mmo #56
    mmo #65
    mmo #88
    mmo #112
    Pick on they are pretty much all the same.

Go to quest hub do X amount of quests
    Go to 2nd quest Hub do X amount of quests
    on and on

Hit End game
    Instance/Rep grind for gear to do harder instances to raid

Then get bored and find another MMO

Did I miss something????? no that pretty much sums up all MMO's at the moment.

first person shooter/ MMO the next Mold Rut

http://hellgate.t3fun.com/Home/Home.aspx looks intersting
    Last edited by Auralian; 2011-06-05 at 05:01 PM.