Deleted

Starcraft 2 not installing on Macbook.

WORKS NOW!

So I wanted to try out Starcraft 2 again so I go to the Blizzard website, download the client, unzip the ZIP and then press the installer. Nothing happens! I press it and the icon pops up a bit like when you start any program, nothing happens in the dock, no windows opens. I don't know what to do. So I ask you mmo-champs if there is any solution to this.

IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM ASWELL, DON'T OPEN THE ZIP WITH ANYTHING ELSE THEN THE DEFAULT ONE THAT YOU GET WITH THE MAC!
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2011-06-01 at 08:10 PM.

Restart? Redownload? Check your finder?
    Last edited by Faeris; 2011-05-31 at 05:22 PM. Reason: not in that order btw

Deleted
    I've tried all of those.

15+ Year Old Account
    you need the mac version (if there is one), if you downloaded the version with an .exe or .msi installer that won't work for mac's
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I've got the mac version, I pressed the Mac icon on downloads.

Deleted
    Got leopard or snow leopard?

You sure you downloaded the proper version? (I know, a long shot, but perhaps the windows installer are downloaded when you click both the windows and Mac icon. However, I doubt blizz would so such mistakes. And if you did download the windows installer it should state that clearly in a "this is a windows file" message.

Deleted
    I use Leopard and I'm sure it's not a window file, the full file name is "Downloader.app". I had Starcraft before on the exact some computer aswell.

Deleted
    Have you deleted all old Starcraft files?

Deleted
    Couldn't find any. Should I contact blizzard by phone?

Deleted
    It sounds quite strange tbh...

Try to open "consol" which is found within the "help applications" (may not be a good translation, using danish version). Then double-click on the installer. Consol should now write what happened when you tried to open the file. Feel free to post the log here, even though I'm by no means expert in those techy things

Deleted
    Yeah, about that.. A couple of months ago that folder just magicly dissapeared....

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 09:41 PM ----------

btw, I'm having a hard time finding the costumer support number, does anyone know where it is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Yeah, about that.. A couple of months ago that folder just magicly dissapeared....

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 09:41 PM ----------

btw, I'm having a hard time finding the costumer support number, does anyone know where it is?
    I would say loosing that folder is even worse... Tried searching for it? Perhaps you should enable the "check invisible files" script, it's out there on the Internet.p

Someone has to say it.. so... get a pc. :P

Now on a srs note, find the folder, remove it, remove the install files, download and install again.
    Make sure the download completes all the way in one session, sometimes resuming a download messes these clients up.

Deleted
    Gaaaah, nothing works! Blizzard doesn't seem to have a Starcraft 2 costumer support, my life sucks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Gaaaah, nothing works! Blizzard doesn't seem to have a Starcraft 2 costumer support, my life sucks..
    So you can't find consol? Or terminal, disc utility or the digital colorreader?

Try inserting your OS X 10.6 snow leopard install DVD, the programs should be on that

Deleted
    I do have terminal and disk utility. My sister sent it to me.

Deleted
    Can she send you console aswel? It could give us some answers on why it won't open

Deleted
    Problem solved I'm downloading the game now! The problem was that I was using "The Unarchiver" instead of the default ZIP opener. I talked to Blizzard by phone and the guy there told me to use the default one. Thanks everybody for the contructive answers.