Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    A mount is as beautiful as its way of being obtained.

Some might disagree, but hell, Even if you got a pink hippogryph, people would still know you got it by being really awesome at PvP.
    ^ Exactly.

What is it with WoW players and physical trophies?

All I need to know is that I did it, I could care less if I got a mount.

No, you actually DON'T need to fling your epeen around in this game, it's not needed, shocker I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    A mount is as beautiful as its way of being obtained.

Some might disagree, but hell, Even if you got a pink hippogryph, people would still know you got it by being really awesome at PvP.
    This.
    If you don't like the drake, don't use it. If you want to show off how hardcore PvP-guys you are use it while your afk so you don't have to look at it.

Cause mounts mean so much lol. Is that why you raid or pvp?For a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Same in TBC, nether drakes were really hard to get untill later in the expansion, and even then they stood out.
    The only hard part about getting nether drakes was getting together the 5k for epic flying. Other than that, it was about two weeks of doing dailies and farming eggs. And yes, I got one in 2.1. Was the first in my guild with epic flying and then a drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no sense of it being something special like there were with the other two. It's not even a drake from this expansion. It seems half-assed and lame.

Now, the RBG mounts on the other hand, those are the single best land mounts added to the game to date. Makes you wonder if their talk about wanting to make RBG's more enticing is the same reasoning behind a possible deliberate attempt to sabotage the coolness levels of arena drakes to further that goal. To be honest, I really wouldn't put it past them. I would have a few years ago, but not anymore.
    "The truth, my goal."

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    ^ Exactly.

What is it with WoW players and physical trophies?

All I need to know is that I did it, I could care less if I got a mount.

No, you actually DON'T need to fling your epeen around in this game, it's not needed, shocker I know.
    Heh, this made me chuckle because I immediately thought about all of the QQ when people where upset they weren't going to get an anniversary pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    While I certainly do not agree with the OP, I fail to see a relation here...

The Twilight Dragon Flight stem from the workings of Sinestra and Deathwing to create an ultimate Dragon Flight. The Twilight Cult serves Cho'gall and his masters (The Old Gods), they have absolutely nothing to do with Deathwing. Just because they both happen to have the word "Twilight" in their names does not make them related.

...LOL. Please tell me you were trolling. The twilight cult (Cho'Galls group) works FOR DEATHWING.

SPOILER: Sinestra is the boss after Chogall in BoT Heroic. He's hiding her for deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Is today official whine day?
    All day, every day.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Except that those PvP drakes came first, and for a while gladiators were the only people to have them.
    Patch 2.1. (WIth Netherwing ledge and nether drakes as reward) came in the end of may 2007.
    Patch 2.1.2. with season 1 arena rewards (swift nether drakes) came in the end of june 2007.

Check your facts before posting.

Even if I got the mount one season (honestly I'll probably never be good enough to), I wouldn't use it ... because I wouldn't fit in doors anymore. Poor unused drakes
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetowns View Post
    /Sigh... Does anyone want cookies?
    yes please, i'd say this topic is about delicious cookies
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The OP has a legit point. Poor expression of it though.

The problem he has is that reaching the highest level in PVP doesn't give a unique identifiable symbol of accomplishment. I actually agree--an easily identifiable symbol of doing something awesome in this game whether PVE, PVP, or achievement-whore is a good thing.

It would not be a bad thing if there was a Gladiator's mount used ONLY for gladiator rewards that just receive a recolor/reskin every season. BUT people complain about unique rewards especially if it is in an area they are not good at because it prevents them from getting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Willing View Post
    just wait for it, someday we'll have the "Gladiator's sparkle shitting Pony" mount
    That wouldn't be bad if you ask me XD
    At least some creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by Bblubbs View Post
    The problem he has is that reaching the highest level in PVP doesn't give a unique identifiable symbol of accomplishment. I actually agree--an easily identifiable symbol of doing something awesome in this game whether PVE, PVP, or achievement-whore is a good thing.
    If you can't enjoy an accomplishment if no one else knows about it, then that's an issue no mount skin can ever solve.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Oh NO! God FORBID that they don't make anything COMPLEATELY unique! Last season was recolored frostwyrms, before that, armored netherdrakes, can't remember before that...

That's totally different! No..whait it's not. The brand new models for the rated BG's are damned sweet and I commend them for making them for people who complain about something as trivial as a mount getting some new bling. What.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    When did you fight the netherwing dragons in arena?

Frostwyrms?
    Blizzard has always admitted pvp was the biggest mistake they ever made but now that they are stuck with them until they keep screwing pvp up to the point that pvpers finally go play a pvp only game they have to throw them a bone occasionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Blizzard has always admitted pvp was the biggest mistake they ever made but now that they are stuck with them until they keep screwing pvp up to the point that pvpers finally go play a pvp only game they have to throw them a bone occasionally.

Well, BGs are awesome. Ranked BGs would be awesome if it actually went based on personal stats and allowed a solo queueing feature. (Kinda like SC2, etc). Arena is stupid though, and it's the source of almost all balancing issues.

People still play arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    Actually, Currently we fight the twilight cult, so the Twilight drake does fit, Just saying.
    actually, if you think about it, your fighting the Twilight Cult in.....PVE....therefore it doesn't make sense for a PVP mount.... Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1n View Post
    ...LOL. Please tell me you were trolling. The twilight cult (Cho'Galls group) works FOR DEATHWING.

SPOILER: Sinestra is the boss after Chogall in BoT Heroic. He's hiding her for deathwing.
    No I wasn't trolling, and no, the Twilight's Hammer/Cho'gall do not "work for Deathwing". They might work WITH Deathwing because they have the same goals (seeing Azeroth in chaos) and helping Deathwing is an easy way to achieve that goal, but they worship and serve the Old Gods... http://www.wowpedia.org/Twilight%27s_Hammer_cult