Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Actually, there is one remaining sith after Palpatine dies: Darth Krayt.

If Luke hadn't rebuilt that order, there'd just be Sith, so in a way, he ends up creating balance in the long run but... yeah, at the specific time after Palpatine's death, there is no balance in the Force.

On topic: Yes, it's naturally Leia. Just look at what her children accomplished.
    and on top of that Palpatine doesn't die the first time, he just transfers his spirit to a clone a couple times.

Ummm, it's Leia there's a ton of evidence supporting that even in RotJ.

Like when Vader says "If you will not turn, then perhaps she will." and Yoda in his dying breath tells him "There is another Skywalker.". There was even hints in ESB after Luke and Vader fight where Leia shows a Jedi quality with her sensing ability, like Obi-Wan when he sensed the death of Alderaan, knowing where Luke was hanging, of course this could be debated to be 'Twin Telepathy' to 'female intuition' however I'm 99% sure it was supposed to show that Leia has midichlorian.

He ment Starkiller....I mean come on.That guy makes Luke and Vader look like children. Force Unleashed Movie FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blade5o View Post
    If you read the books you'll know that its Leia. Han and Leia have 2 kids ( I think its 2.) 1 of them is a jedi and the other turns to sith, actually a pretty good story. You canread about it on Wookiepedia if you dont wanna get the book.
    SPOILERS

3 kids. Jacen and Jaina, the twins, and Anakin. Anakain gets killed off during the Vong invasion on Myrkyr, where he basically kills a trillion vongs and allows everyone to escape and thus saves the entire jedi order.

And yeah, Jacen goes all Sith.

Also, if Luke and Leia hadn't restarted the Jedi Order, a) the galaxy would have been wiped out by the Vong, and/or b) the (lost tribe of the) Sith would have taken over the galaxy.

In most occurrences, Sith are not Dark Jedi. Having no Jedi would simply make it easier for the Sith to return. I believe Yoda's reference to bringing balance to the force was a) Anakin getting rid of Palpatine and ending his reign of terror, and b) returning the Jedi to the path of serving the Force, as opposed to serving the Republic and/or senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a huge SW fan, but I'm pretty sure that was Leia.

Deleted
    Leia did not restart the jedi order in the extended universe.

She receives Jedi training indeed, but Luke is the one who goes looking for potential Force wielders, trains them, and then builds a Jedi academy on Yavin IV, in the old temple where they were in A New Hope.

Leia, however, remains one of the political leader of the New Republic and as far ad I remember does not train an apprentice.

On topic, yes Yoda is referring to Leia.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is Leia.

As for that question of balance, I remember an interview when Lucas said that balance was the destruction of the Sith, not both Sith and Jedi. It is quite logical when you look at it. The Jedi know that there will always be a Light and a Dark Side of the Force. They do not seek to destroy the Dark Side. They just keep it in check.The lure of the Dark Side still exists inside of them, but their training keeps it from overwhelming them. So the balance remains in themselves and the galaxy. The way they use their powers is also quite balanced. They could use the Light Side to rule the galaxy with benevolence and destroy all evil, but they prefer to serve the galaxy instead, respecting everyone's freedom (to some extent). They do not see things in black and white (like Obi Wan says in Revenge of the Sith). The Sith, on the other hand, leave the Dark Side unchecked which overwhelms them. They conquer, they destroy, they use their power to rule and put the galaxy (and thus the Force itself) in danger. So the Sith are a danger to the balance in the Force. When Darth Vader kills the Emperor, the Sith are destroyed, and balance is restored.

I might had that we do not know if Luke takes a padawan and rebuild the Jedi Order. All of this is in the Expanded Universe, and George Lucas uses those books to blow his nose and whipe his... you know what. They are also most useful to make him rich.

EDIT : I will add that the title, Return of the Jedi, probably refers more to Anakin than Luke has the one who brings back the Order. Or maybe equally both.

It is a matter of point of view...
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2011-09-08 at 02:37 AM.

Pretty sure it was Leia.
    This bog is thick and easy to get lost in.

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems likely that this refers to leia. i don't think anyone held out hope for vader besides luke, and the stuff in ROTJ with yoda's other skywalker comment clearly was about leia.