Rise of an Empire.

' ' = they are thinking it.
<> = Speaking out loud in zandali. Dont need the annoying troll accent then since its their native langauge.
" " = Speaking in common
I changed this later on in the story to using a colour system but the colours didnt follow with when I tried to move it to this site so I decided to leave that for now... atleast

Some notes: This isnt the same Raikage as in the Highlands thread. They are similiar but I changed alot in Highlands so that I could use him and The Smadda Fu Fus Difus Bwoyar there.
I decided to take away the Scourge from the Ghostlands since I wanted a war between two factions and not three.
Would love tips and suggestions on how to make it better Hope that someone might enjoy reading it

The wind is calm, no sound can be heard. Ontop of an stone house a green troll stands. He stands 2.25 meter tall, dark green skin. His long dark hair was put up in a perfect mohawk. His tusk was of great stature. His light red eyes seemed to piearce through the very beings of those he watched. He looked down upon the trolls that had gatherd beneath him. Everyone single one of the a perfect example of the Amani. Green skin and tall muscular build. Everyone equipped with three spears, two short swords and a small shield. Their faces where painted with war paint. White with blue marks crossing their faces. They all whore armors made of bone and wood. They gave little protection against direct blows but where easy to move in. The troll on the building was wearing an exactly alike armor, but his face paint consisted of white with red marks over. Among the gathered trolls he saw trolls who was wearing diffrent kinds of armors, with a diffrent arsenal of weapons. The troll smiled behind the face paint. The troll raised his arms to the sky and screamed.
<BROTHERS OF THE FORESTS! It is with joy I on this day look out on you my friends, The day have come! For us to reclaim our birthright! Zul'jin have called you, And you have answered! The time have come for the elf's to be driven from our land and we once again to become what we was destined for!
I am Raikage! I shall lead this war band under General Halazzi's watch full gaze! You are the Forerunners! It will be you who strike first against our hated enemy! It will be you who slaughter them first! It will be you who win the most glory!> Raikage drew his both short swords and held them towards the sky as he continued <I can see warriors from different tribes have come to heed Zul'jins call! We welcome you! The time for us to be divided is over! Many tribes become one! WE ARE AMANI!> The trolls all drew their weapons and held it to the sky as they as one screamed <AMANI!> Raikage screamed back at them when they became silent.
<Today we march to bring back the Amani Empire! Today we march for Warlord Zul'jin! SPARE NO ONE!> And they responded as one <FOR AMANI! FOR WARLORD ZUL'JIN!>
Raikage jumped down from the building as the troll army started to march out from the city. He took a crouching position in the shades of the same stone building. Another troll emerged from the masses floating by and sat down next to Raikage. <You think this time will be different Raikage?> Raikage looked at his friend and said <Do not speak foolishly Ro'Jash, Zul'jin leads us well. And just as the elfs have grown stronger... so have we, We are organized and we shall deal a heavy first blow>
Ro'Jash said quietly <And that will be enough against the elfs? They will have the aid of the horde> Raikage looked at his friend, now with rage in his eyes. <If you doubt Zul'jin then leave, The Amani will be victorius. The elfs have a grave weakness...> Ro'Jash now looked a bit confused and asked his friend <What?> <Their age... they live so long that our lifes seem like a secound to them... this is their greatest strenght, but aswell their weakness. They fear death. While we embrace it. This will make them weak, this will make them run. All we need to do is to push and their whole corrupted city will crumble> Ro'Jash smiled <They live very long yes, so I say we go and shorten it a bit for them>
Raikage smiled and gave his friend a pat on the shoulder as he rose up and followed the last trolls out from the gate. As he passed through the gates he thought to himself 'It has begun'

One mounth earlier:

Raikage walks through a hall way in The Shrine of Ula-Tek, the Amani capital. He reaches the end where two trolls stand guard. They both were very large and was wearing black face paint. 'Shadow hunters, The personal body guard of Zul'jin' He thought to himself. He raised his right hand and gave them a salute. They moved out of his way and he entered the room. Along the walls he saw rows of shadow hunters, observing everything in the room. But it was the thing that was happening in the middle that drew his attention. Around a table the four Amani generals stood. Nalorakk, infused with the power of the bear god was bigger then any other trolls he had ever seen, Nalorakks head and upper body was covered with fur, his eyes glowed with a faint white light. Nalorakks right arm was as well covered with fur leading down to a gigantic paw, his claws reached out atleast 30 cm. He had a big Mohawk rising from the top of his head. His tusks was the longest he had ever seen, they looked ready to rip a persons throat out. His gigant mouth was filled with razor sharp teeth.
Akil'zon a tall troll who had been infused with the eagle god, he had a beak and his feet had been replaced with what looked like talons. Jan'alai was allmost as big as Nalorakk, he had been infused with the power of Dragonhawks. It was hard to see any specific traits of his body. Though something looking like a beak was sticking out from his helmet. And Halazzi, half troll half Lynx. His head and upper body was that of a cats, his eyes yellow seemed to never rest and move all the time around the room. But he was the only one of them that Raikage allredy knew. He was after all his general.
Some other trolls stood around the table wich he did not know, but the person that caught his eyes was Zul'jin, he wasn't as big as Nalorakk but yet he seemed to tower over them all. He had white hair and it was clear that he was missing one eye and his left arm. He had a purple cloth piece twisted around his mouth and neck. Raikage dropped to his knees and put his forehead against the cold floor awaiting further order. Halazzi turned to him and said <Stand up Amani> Raikage stood up extending his body to its full length, yet seemed small compared to Nalorakk. Zul'jin spoke <Greetings Raikage, Halazzi speaks well about you and your devotion to the Amani. You have been given the task to lead the first wave upon the blood elfs, Come closer> Zul'jin made a motion with his hand to make Raikage get closer to the table. Raikage slowly moved forward and took a look down on the table. It was a map of Ghostlands. Zul'jin made a gesture with his hand on the map. <Raikage, you will be leading a force of 2000 trolls, the shadowpine tribe will be aiding you on the way. They have been able to in secretly transport soldiers into the old Amani catacombs in the mountains east of Tranquillien, a part of that force will join your soldiers at Sanctum of the sun. From there you will be tasked with taking Tranquillien... I want you to kill every elf there> The coldness in Zul'jins voice left no room for questions. <The remaining part of the Shadowpine will move north cuting off their retreat into Eversong. This force will be lead by Kel'Gash their chieftain> Zul'jin pointed with his finger on the river that seperated Eversong from Ghostlands.
<After your done there your orders are to move north and into Eversong woods, Our other armies will be securing Ghostlands especially Thallsans pass. The tribe Mossflayer will be joining us from there so its of most importance it will be taken and held. The tribes Revantusk, Vilebranch and Witherbark will be arriving by boat to the eastern parts of Zul'aman, Raikage I want you to head for their capital. I want Silvermoon turned into ash... spare no one... You will recive reinforcments as soon as Ghostlands have been secured>
Raikage looked a bit stuned. 'Such an honor, I will lead the first wave' He thought.
He cleared his throat and asked <When will the attack begin warlord Zul'jin?>
<In a month, in a month we shall flow out from the great forests and bring destruction upon the elfs!>
Kael'gash spoke <The horde wont just sit by as their ally perish... They will send aid> Nalorakk responded with a loud and angry voice<The orcs are weaklings! WE SHALL CRUSH THEM!>
Zul'jin showing no sign of surprise or fear for his generals sudden outburst said. <Indeed we shall... when they come Ghostland will be controlled by us and the blood elfs left in such confusion that they will be uncapable of helping>
Keal'gash < And the Revantusk tribe? They are allied to the horde... atleast the Vilebranch tribe wont work with them>
Zul'jin now seemed to lose his calmness as he was questioned by the Shadowpine chieftain. <The Revantusk tribe have sworn alligence to ME! All old rivalitys are no more! Now there is only AMANI! And if anyone feel other way they are free to leave... but they will be stripped of their tribe names and never to be allowed to return, Raikage now go! Fullfill your task and win glory to the Amani>
<I live to serve you my warlord> Raikage knelled down and put his forehead to the floor once more before he turned around and walked towards the exit. He looked stale and calm on the outside, but on the inside he was uncontrollable and happy. He... HE was chosen for the glory of the first wave... the wave that would eradicate Tranquillien and march on Silvermoon. 'I wont fail you my warlord... Silvermoon will burn in your name' Raikaged rushed out to start with his work of preparing the tropps.

Two weeks earlier:

Raikage stood atop a pyramid overlook the constant moving down below. Two trolls was making their way up to him. When they reached the top Raikage turned and looked at them, One of them was Ro'Jash an old friend of Raikage. He stood as tallest on 2.28 meter, he wore an armor made of bone and wood. Under his right arm he held his helmet who was formed like a skull.
The other troll was leaning heavily on a staff, on the top of the staff a skull was set. Raikage couldn't understand from where he had gotten that skull... it looked nothing like any creature he had ever seen. Raikages gaze switched from the staff to the holder. The most noticeble about him was that he had only stumps where his tusks should be, it looked like someone had sawed them off. A stench of death seemed to hover around him. He whore nothing but a loin cloth. His muscular upper body was revealed, his body was covered with weird symbols from top to toe 'Witchdoctors' Raikage thought to himself. <What news do you bring?> Raikage asked. The witchdoctor let out a laugh and answered <Always good news for a handsome fella like you> He gave Raikage a smile that seemed like it was close to splitting his face in two. Raikage starred at him showing little interrest in his jokes and the smile slowly faded away. Ro'Jash decided to intervene before anything went out of control and loudly cleared his throat <We were successful Raikage, we got what we need>
<Good... very good my friend, how long Jazziki?> The witchdoctor stopped his gently carrasing of the skull and looked up at Raikage. He gave him another great smile
<It all depends on the subject> Raikage looked down below the pyramid and saw a group of Blood elf being guarded by Head hunters, they seemed so small compared to the trolls. <They are all yours Jazziki> Jazziki turned around and started to walk down from the pyramid while humming to himself.
<That witchdoctor gives me the creeps Raikage... he even suggested that I should allow myself some "improvements" I aint really sure what he means by that...> Ro'jash seemed truly scared, Raikage only thought of him as a tool, but he did not trust him. 'Only a fool trusts a witchdoctor' <He is useful, they all are>
Raikage spotted a dire troll making his way through the crowd down below. He was as big as an amani bear, His size made Raikage think about Nalorakk and his great stature. Nalorakk and dire trolls gotta get along really well. Raikage felt how a smile broke through his otherwise cold face. The dire trolls tusk was modified with 20 cm long steel spikes and he wore bracelets with the same kind of spikes, apparently it was usefull in close combat. He had three large scars going across his chest, they had been caused by an Amani bear Raikage had been there and seen it. The dire troll started making his way up the pyramid, with heavy steps he reached the top. Even when he took a crouching position at the top he was greater then the other two trolls. <Good morning Razi'kale, Slept well?> Asked Raikage.
Razi'kale only let out a grunt. 'He never do speak much, if its of lack of inteligence or not I cant really say. Ahh well I don't need him to speak, only to kill' Raikage thought to himself as he turned towards Ro'jash. <Hows the digging going?>
<We are making progress, to slow but its going forward> Ro'jash responded as he inspected his helmet for any signs of damage. <Have you spotted any elf patrols?> Raikages eyes had now been fully directed to the other troll and interest burned like a fire in them. <We haven't seen any patrols for a long time. They are probably just keeping away since we have been quite for a long time> Raikage looked towards the gates of Zul'Aman as he said <Double the scouts, if someone takes notice they cant under any circumstances report it, Razi'kale gather up all Dire trolls you can find and help out with the digging. Now leave me> The two other trolls walked down from the pyramid and only Raikage remained, looking out in the distance.

Through the dark forest into the light
Through the forest a countless amount of figures where moving, quite and fast. Raikage was in the front, he looked around him to see his soldiers move as fast and silent next to him. He saw several familiar faces, Ro'Jash, Toginar, Zap'kil, Nardugar, Dae and Shaul was all running next to him. Even Jazziki was keeping the high pace. In the distance he could see how the fog started to tighten, 'The gods smile upon us this day, they will be repaid with a river of blood. They was nearing a spire that the elf called Sanctum of the sun, Raikage started to go over the plans in his head. He had a total of 3000 at his command and more to join from the shadowpine tribe after they had passed Sanctum of the sun, all were well trained hunters and dedicated to one thing... the utter destruction of the elfs. He could now see the spire through the tree tops, when they suddenly stumbled upon a glen Raikage went down on into a crouching position and the trolls around him did as well. Out in the middle of the glen he could see three elfs... Two females and one male, they where siting on a blanket eating a meal. Raikage looked to his side and held up his hand signaled to hunters next to him, without a word they raised their spears, he made a quick motion in front of his throat and 7 spears flew out from the trees against the elfs. One of the elfs where hit by three spears who pierced through her body, the other female was hit in the head by one and one went straight through her stomach. The male had been hit by one and it had went through his right thigh, Raikage stood up and sprinted forth from the tree line up to the elf male who was twisting in pain. Neither of them looked any old but that made no difference. Raikage stood above the male and looked down at him, the elfs eyes was filled with pain and fear. "Da elfs be pathetic...." He raised his foot and stamped down upon the elfs head, he heard how the elfs skull emited a loud cracking sound as it was crushed. Blood and brain tissue gushed forth from the elfs ears, nose and mouth. All around him his soldiers where watching him. With a swift movement of his arm he signaled to resume the march. 'They are careless these elves... they will not be able to stop us!'
The fog concealed their movements and the guards at Sanctum of the sun didn't see them until they where right in front of them, A quick battle broke out but the elfs was quickly subdued. Raikage ordered Dae a female huntress to take a small force and end the elfs pathetic resistance. Dae nodded at him and departed from the main group to assault the upper floor of the spire. The rest started to move resuming the silent march.

After a few kilometer Raikage raised his clenched fist signaling a stop, everyone took a crouching postion trying to make them as small as possible. He heard the sound again, a branch being broken. 'Either its the Shadowpine or elfs' Suddenly out from a bush a troll with black face paint emerged, he spotted the crouching Amani and raised his arm in a greeting. Raikage rose up and his warriors followed, The trolls spoke, as other shadowpine trolls was making their way out from the bushed. Raikage inspected the trolls and was satisfied with what he saw. <I bring 150 skilled hunters, my name is Kel'raz son of Kel'gash. My father is currently leading the rest of our forces in the north to block out their escape route> Raikage let out a laugh <Tranquillien awaits my friends!>

Raikage was overlooking Tranquillien from a hill, their was little activity down there. It was still early in the day, the sun could barely be seen over the tree tops. Jazziki walked up next to him and looked down aswell. One of Jazziki's big smiles emerged, Raikage had started to grow custom to them. Raikage looked at the witchdoctor with the usual cold gaze. <Lets hope your little... posion worked> Without waiting for an answer he raised his hand and waved, behind him his soldiers started to move towards the damned city. Raikages doubts was vanquished as they enterd the town, there was no guards near. He saw a lonely body lying in the middle of the street with its face down into the mud. Jazziki seemed as if he was gonna burst with pride. The body was wearing a guards armor. Raikage didnt want to hear the details, what the witchdoctors was doing was a disgusting thing... but they where elfs, they didnt deserve any pity!

Death only knocks once
Raikage raised his right hand signaling a stop, <Ro'Jash you will take 500 and head to the north part of the town, block that exit and work your way towards us> Ro'jash nodded and waved at a group of trolls. They headed into a back alley and started moving silently through the city. The morning fog was lieing heavyely upon the city. <Shaul, take 300 and head west. If anyone makes a run for it that way, kill them all> Shaul slammed his fist against his chest and took of west, he was shortly followed by his troops. He waited for 15 minutes before he gave the orders to the rest of his force.
<The rest of you, divide into groups of five and move from house to house, don't let anything escape your blades>The trolls started to move, five and five took position outside the doors to the elf houses. There was to many trolls for all to be able to get a piece of the cake, but there would be many more chances. Raikage walked up to a door and gently knocked on it. He could hear movement from inside and low voices. Finally he heard a women's voice from the other side of the door. "Have the plague been contained? We haven't drinken anything from the well, we have no infected in here" raikage grabbed the door handle and with a strong pull he tore the door of its holders and threw it to his side. He now starred a chocked elf in the face. "b-b-but your a a a troll...." raikage drew his sword and pushed it into her chest, as her limp body fell down he showed no remorse as he kicked her out off his way and moved inside. A male elf quickly gotten up from a chair and desperatly looked after some kind of weapon, raikage towerd up in front of him his large hands grabbed the elf and raised him up to his face. He examined the elf and suddenly felt a strong smell... He looked down and saw a wet spot starting to grow between the elfs legs with a laugh Raikage moved his hands and grabbed the elfs throat, watching as he slowly chocked to death. As the elf neared death Raikage dug his nails into his throat and ripped it open. Raikage felt how the elfs blood started gushing forth from the wound, suddenly he threw the elf back down into the chair he had been siting in. "Da be no worthy" As the elf was bleeding to death Raikage turned and walked out from the house, As he came outside he heard a loud explosion coming from futher down the street. With a feeling of panic inside him, he shouted towards a group of trolls <You follow me, the rest do your duty!> He pointed at the three trolls that had been waiting outside the house he had went into.

Raikage ran down the street towards the noise, closely behind him followed the three trolls he had commanded to join him. As he ran around a corner he was assulted by a thick cloud of dust that made him catch his breath in a choke as small particales seemed to assult his eyes, it clouded his vision of the street. He tried to wave the dust away so he could see what was causing the cloud, a gust of wind sweapt down over the street and opend up the cloud.
Raikage saw a two story buildings front wall had been completely ripped off, large pieaces of rubble was scatterd across the street. He took notice of figures lieing on the street that wasnt rubble... they where trolls... Several crushed and mutilated troll bodies lay on the street, he noticed a troll that was still moving on the street. The trolls legs had been from what he could see completely incinirated and he was desperatly trying to crawl away from the house.
Another troll was resting on the stairs to the house on the other side, it seemed that he whould have been thrown from the destroyed house to the other side of the street from the sheer blast. Raikage once again turned his gaze towards the house, and could now see a silhouette through the smoke. It was quite short with long red hair that looked as it was burning when the wind made it move, but what horrified Raikage was the figures hands... they where on fire!
'A mage... so this is the destructive power they hold' Raikage had grown up with the horrible stories about the human and elf mages incredible power, to actully stand face to face with one of these monsters made him shake uncontrolable with fear. Raikage was snapped out of it as the troll who had been thrown across the street suddenly woke up and started screaming loud in agony, the trolls face was burned aswell as his whole upper body and he was bleeding from his head.
The figure inside the house raised one of his hands and fire shoot out from it towards the troll, Raikage watched as the troll was engulfed in flames, the trolls screams slowly faded away.

<Move with great speed, dont make it easy for him. Draw his attention, GO!> Raikage yelled at his comrades. They knew just as well as him that they where most likely gonna die, just as their friends that was liying in their own blood on the street.
The trolls simply nodded and started running towards the rubble in the street. <May your spirits be strong brothers> Raikage quietly whisperd to himself as he took aim for a house, between that house Raikage was moving towards the the destroyed house one house would separate Raikage from the mage. He pushed up the front door and jumped over the bodies of an elf family, he quickly moved up the stairs and found the ladder to the roof. As he made it up to the roof he looked out over the street and saw more trolls where arriving, but they where quickly forced to take cover as the mage showerd them in a rain of fire. From the three he had sent to distract the mage he could only see one who was hiding behind a large pieace of the house wall.
Raikage took aim for the next house and started to run towards the edge of the building he currently was standing on. As he reached the edge he pushed away with all his strength and lifted out into the air, flying across the alley down below, time seemed to slow down as he extended his arms in the air reaching for the edge on the other house. He grabbed the edge and desperatly clawing to get a grip, he was able to pull himself up on the house. He looked back and thought to himself 'Was it really that far? And who needs this wide alleys?! Well... lets take next one'
He looked at the building that the mage was hideing in, he noticed a window two meters down that he should be able to reach. He could now hear fighting in the distance, Raikage looked down towards his soldiers who where locked down by the mages fire unable to help him, it whould seem that the mage either was exhausted of just biding his time waiting for help. A thought came into Raikages mind 'Can mages communicate through thoughts?' He turned back his eyes on the house. He stepped up on the edge and quickly glanced down. Several thoughts about him falling to his death spinned through his mind as he prepared himself, he backed up to get a run way before the jump.
'If the gods wanted us to fly they whould have given us wings' He thought as he started to run, once more he jumped and once more time seemed to slow down around him. As he was falling through the air the thought of him being crushed at the stone beneth him seemed like a way to likely thing to happen. Without knowing it he had reached out with his arms and grabbed the window shelf. He amazed himself with still being alive 'Out of the smoke and into the fire' He pulled himself up and quietly sneaked into the house.
He moved through the upper floor, avoiding making any sounds knowing that would alert the mage downstairs. He was sweating immense amounts. He made it to the stairs and moved downstairs, he had left his spears at the first building to make sure he would make it across something he deeply regreted now. He saw the mage standing in the hallway, leaning on a small table. He could now make out for sure that it was a blood elf male, The elf was standing with his back towards Raikage, Raikage quietly drew a 30 cm long dagger. He was 3 meters away from the elf when he suddenly turned around. Both starred at each other with fear, Raikage was the first to break free from this stalemate and jumped towards the mage. The mage wasnt slow to react and raised his hand, Raikage griped the mages wrist and pushed it away so that the fire ball shoot straight into the wall. They now both fell over the from the weight of Raikage, they landed hard on the floor. Both now desperatly trying to hit, bite or kick their opponent. Raikage pushed his dagger towards the elf, but the elf was quick and grabbed Raikages wrist with his both arms. Raikage exploited this by using his left hand to deliver several hard hits in the elfs side, the elf let out several groans of pain but still refused to let go of Raikages wrist. Raikage was now lieing ontop of the elf and slammed his head into the elfs, blood started to seep out from the elfs eyebrows. Raikage let out a little smile and slammed once more, again and again he slammed his head into the elf. He felt how the grip of his wrist was fadeing, Raikage stood up over the mage and looked down into his eyes. The mage was almost knocked out but was still conscious, Raikage was quite amazed by him.
"Da be worth... Ya flesh and soul become me... Ya powha become my"
The elf looked up with horror as Raikage picked up the dagger and pushed it down into the elfs heart.
Raikage stood over the elf mage 'So much trouble for one elf?' He thought to himself.Raikage shock his shoulders and grabbed one the elfs wrists and started to drag him outside.
'I hope there is more of your kind out there elf, I could use some more trophys' Raikage reached down to his belt where a shrunken blood elf head was fasten, it was from his first slain blood elf. He let his fingers gently stroke over it as he draged the elf outside. As he came outside he spotted the group of trolls that had been pinned down was moving towards him. He allso saw the troll that had survived from his squad, Nack'thul was his name Raikage remembered. Nack'thul was of average size with a length of 213 cm and muscular build. Nack'thul had a tattoo shaped like a thorn going up over his right eye, continuing up and over his head down his neck towards his spine. Nack'thul raised his spear in a salute to Raikage and smiled.
The feast
Ro'jash came running down the street and stopped in front of the destroyed house, Ro'jash was coverd in blood which made Raikage let out a smile.
<How goes the battle Ro'jash?>
Something in Ro'jash eyes made Raikage feel unpleasent, he saw something he just couldnt put his finger on what it was.
<This is no battle only a slaughter, The little resistens that they put up have been crushed but a group of elfes was able to escape towards the forest>
<How many? And in wich direction?> Raikage spoke calmly knowing they couldnt pose any threat to them, still they had to be dealt with.
Ro'Jashwas silent for a couple of secounds before answearing.
<Maybe 100 to 120, I think around 40 was able to get a hold of hawkstriders before leaving town. We were holding the north part of the town and in this part they had you, so they went for the only way they thought they could escape through. West>
Raikage let out a laugh.
<Shaul will deal with them, you can not escape shaul... he never gives up on a prey>
Ro'jash did now first take notice of the elf at Raikages feet.
<What are you gonna do with that elf?> He asked.
<He fought well and impressed me, He is worthy>
Ro'jash looked with surprise at his friend
<Hes the most hated kind of elfs, and you will show him honor with that?<
Raikage gave Ro'jash a smile that resembled Jazzikis.
<His strength will make me stronger, his power will aid in his own peoples destruction>
Raikage sat down next to the dead elf and started to carve him open.

And the skiies shall fall in darkness as the end comes

Akassa looked behind him as he rode the hawkstrider further through the forest, on his sides and in front of him other survivors where rideing. It was only 23 left of the initial 94 that had made their way towards the forest. Akassa retraced the events that had taken place, a week earlier a group of elfs that had been captured by the Amani had escaped and returned to the town. The town had been in a festive mood. But yesterday the elfs that had returned from the trolls been caught posioning the guards, all but a few guards had fallen ill. The traitors was killed by the mage in town, Ladok. The next morning Akassa had been awoken by screams and a huge explosion, he had grabbed his sword and run outside seeing the chaos he decied to just get the hell out of there. He among many other went and took hawkstriders from a nearby stable. To the north the Amani was wreaking havoc and in the south Ladok was holding his ground against the savages, around 94 was able to make it outside the city and headed for the forest. As Akassa looked back towards the city he saw several trolls just standing there... watching...
'Something is terrible wrong here'
A loud swishing noise sounded, Akassa saw how a rain of spears shoot out from the forest and smashed down on the fleeing elfs. A second barrage of spears shoot out, finishing off the last elfs that where fleeing on foot. Those that where still alive of them where trying to drag their fallen friends over them as protection, it was now that a loud roar was heard from the forest. Akassa saw a short troll, maybe between 160 to 190 cm. The troll screamed something that Akassa couldn't understand and out from the forest hundreds of trolls rushed forth.
Akassa starred at the trolls rushing out from the tree line, the other hawkstriders caught up with Akassa. An elderly elf yelled to the group "We need to make a break for it, else we will surely be slaughtered in no time!" None said anything but as one they took aim towards the forest. The trolls seemed to be more focused on seeking out and killing the last of those that had been on foot to even take notice of the group of hawkstriders, Akassas eyes turned to the short troll that was still standing near the trees. The troll looked back at him, it felt as if their eyes was just a meter away from each other. The short troll started to yell to the trolls, but the group had already passed by right next to the site of the massacre and now pushed their Hawkstriders to their limit so they could reach the tree line. Akassa allmost screamed of joy as they passed in under the shade from the leaves, as he looked back he saw a group of trolls that was chasing them. In front of the group the short troll was runing a big grin crossing his face, the trolls tusks shimerd in the sunlight.

Akassa did something he had done alot these last hours and once more turned in the saddle of his hakwstrider and scouted for any trolls, he hadnt seen any trolls since they had been able to get away from the troll. As he carefully examined the trees and bushes for any sign of movement his hawkstrider suddenly cried out in pain and fell down with its head into the ground, Akassa was thrown from the saddle landing flat on his stomach, he felt how his nose broke against the cold hard ground. He quickly rolled to his left and jumped back up on his feet, he grabbed his blade holding it i front of him as he watched for trolls. He stood there for what seemed like an hour before he looked down on his hands and realised that he was holding the sword so hard his knuckles had shifted into a white colour, he eased on his grip and slowly move forward to his hawkstrider to examine it. The hawkstrider had stepped down between two roots and broken its right forward leg. He rose up and extended his back as ye sighed, sitting in that saddel had made his muscles stale. Suddenly he heard the cracking noise of a tree branch and suddenly spotted between two trees he saw a green figure flash past. Akassa starred out among the trees trying to spot the troll. Akassa felt how the fear started to crawl up his spine, he remembered an old trick his father had taught him. He closed his eyes and slowly took a deep breath. As he exhaled the air he heard the cracking noise again behind him. In one swift motion Akassa turned around and raised his sword. Akassa slowly opend his eyes, he stood face to face with a large troll. Akassa felt how a chill went up his spine as his eyes meet the trolls, the troll looked down towards his chest. Akassas eyes followed with they both starred at the sword sticking into the trolls chest. Akassa felt a feeling of relief come over him when the troll suddenly grabbed around Akassas throat lifting him up from the ground. Akassa desperately tried to pull the sword out of the troll but was blocked by his own body. Panic took hold of Akassa as he tried to kick the troll over and over with little effect. Suddenly the troll shock and the grip around Akassas throat eased up. The troll collapsed on the ground, Akassa simply starred down on the troll body. He spotted an arrow sticking out from the neck of the troll and looked up. What he saw made him more happy then anything else had done in his life, another of the elfes that had tried to make a run for it sitting on a hawkstrider with a bow in his hands. "Come on move it!" The elf screamed at him. Shortly Akassa was sitting behind the elf and was once again on the move away from the trolls, One last time Akassa turned around looking back. Next to a great tree the short troll was standing, clearly breathing heavily. 'He must have finally given up' Akassa thought to himself.
Two days after the fall of Tranquillien:

Raikage was sitting on a porch in the middle of Tranquillien, he was chewing on some dried meat. Raikage was restless, he felt how it was crawling under his skinn. For two days he had been stuck in this rotten city, the stench of all the dead seemed to have become one with his very being. There was nothing to do but to lay in the sun and gaze towards the sky or hunt the empty houses for treasure and if lucky find some elf who might still be hideing, they where like rats. The first day had pulled out alot of these elfs and the soldiers would have some fun with them before growing bored once more. Raikage sighed as he looked across the street on a building, from the roof and windows several burned and mangled bodies hung. His soldiers had been competeing with each other about who could find the most painfull way to kill the elfs. Several diffrent methods had been used. A faint smiled appered on Raikages lips as he thought about the screams that had echod through the city. Raikage had only kept 200 soldiers in the city, one and a half day ago Shaul's soldiers had come back and increased his numbers to 500. They had aswell brought along a message from Shaul himself.

Raikage let out a laugh as he rememberd, they had said Shaul had orderd them back and was gonna continue the hunt himself. Constanly repeating that failure wasnt to be even considerd, no matter how far or for how long the hunt would keep on. Shaul hadnt changed a bit since they first meet. 'It most be that he got too much pride, he just cant accept that sometimes you cant accomplish all. Must be because of his short height, wasnt easy for him growing up' I wonder how its going for Ro'jash and Dae.

Dae stood watching out into the dark stormy sea, her hair whipping in the wind as the waves crashed against the stone harbor. Dae had never seen the ocean before, and it amazed her how large it seemed to be. From the stories there was a whole new continent on the other side, she had trouble with understand really how big the distance was, she had never been outside of Zul'Aman until just recently. She closed her eyes and dreamed herself away, just as she used to do when she was but a kid listening to the elders at the evening. She opened her eyes and once more starred out towards the ocean, She put little notice to the ships and boats out there as she said to herself.
<One day, one day I shall see all the wonders out there but not today>
She turned away from the ocean and started walking back up towards the village. The elfs here had been warned and some had taken to ships to get away but some had refused to belive it and stayed, they had all been put to the sword.
Raikage had given her a thousand Smadda's to lead west and to eradicate all elfs they could find. The elfs didn't live spread out but focused their living into larger communities, this made them easy to find.
Dae reached the top of the hill and looked out over the village, she spotted hundreds of trolls moving around the houses down below. Allmost all of them where males, Dae sighed as she thought about the few females that had actully joined Raikage and Smadda fu fus Difus Bwoyar.
<I guess its only the males who are stupid enough to sign up for war, and to hang around with these fanatics arent what you could call the most healthy>
She exhaled loudly for herself as she started walking towards a group of trolls standing at the edge of the village. A troll stepped forth from the group, he was farily average in height and just as muscular as any of the other Smadda the only thing that separated him from the others was two tattoos and one large chain going between his tusks. The two tattoos started by each of his ears and went down his neck and joined together at the middle of his chest. Dae wasnt sure of what the symbols meant, they looked like snake like creatures with chains going around them. With their joining at his chest it made it look as if it was a collar. Dae didnt like him, Jazziki had way to many strings attached to him. His name was Toig'nar. But he was very usefull when it came to it, both as a fighter and he was one of the best in getting information from poeple. 'Probally something to do with his involvement with Jazziki' Dae thought to herself.
<Ahh my lovely huntress, how fare the little elfs at sea?> Bal'nash asked, while wearing a smile that seemed to spilt his face in two.
<Keep that tongue of yours in better check, or else I will rip it out from your mouth. Those elfs wont bother us, their fate is in the hands of the gods> Dae glared at Bal'nash her eyes filled with raging hate against the troll. Bal'nash suddenly seemed more unsecure and quickly took a look behind him as if to make sure he wasn't alone. Cowards... Dae thought to herself. Dae saw how Bal'nash straighted out his back and understood he was gonna defy her right to command soon enough, so she decied to end it peacefully right away. Before Bal'nash had the chance to speak again she cut him off.
<We are moving out, take what's of use and you can carry> A quick glare at a small group of prisoners and she continued <Kill them, they would only slow us down> The Bal'nash and the group of trolls behind him seemed eager to stay and continue the discussion. 'I will have to warn Raikage about this one' <What you waiting for?! You wish to disappoint Raikage?!>
This made the group disperse to take care of their work before departure. Dae's eyes made contact with Bal'nash and she saw the anger of his miscalculation in them. 'Only Raikages name makes these bastard fear me' Dae's eyes once again fell on the prisoners as two large troll warriors approached them with axes held high. She turned away in disgust. 'To kill an elf in battle I can do, but to watch them being slaughtered like this is asking to much. I will need to keep an eye on Bal'nash, he got to great ambitions and with Jazziki pulling in his strings will only make it all worse'

A troll was running through a landscape torn asunder, everywhere fallen trees and holes in the ground could be seen. Smoke filled the air, from fires spread across the surroundings. The troll finally made his way into a trench that had been dug out recently, he let out a sigh of relief as he took cover next to the fortifications made out of trees and earth. He quickly made his way through the trench, past trolls that as well was taking cover there. He ran forward towards a group of trolls standing in cover of a giant tree that had fallen down right before the trench.
Scout: Are anyone of you Ro'jash?! He screamed loud to the group.
Ro'jash: Yes, I am Ro'jash, and you don't need to be afraid brother. They haven't spotted us behind this big tree. He made a motion of his right hand towards the fallen tree. So they don't target this way with their forsaken magic, what brings you here?
Scout: I was sent to find Raikage, but I have been told he aint here and its you who are in charge. The Amani main army is about two days of travel from here under the lead of General Halazzi.
Ro'jash started to laugh and most of his comrades around him did as well.
Ro'jash That is good news indeed, but Raikage is sitting in Tranquillien awaiting futher orders. Me and Dae was sent out in different directions to find and destroy all elfs we could find. And as you might guess it ain't going so well here. Over there you have what the elfs call Farstrider enclave.
With a quick movement of his arm he pointed towards the elf settlement in the north.
Ro'jash: They have been puting up heavy resistance and from what we can tell they have atleast 9 mages in there with them. They posses higher ground and have for the last few hours been raining down destruction upon us. The first attempt of an assult from our side was brutaly slaugtherd, I am sitting with a couple of hundred wounded and an unknown number of dead.
Ro'jash looked straight into the young trolls eyes as he continued.
Ro'jash: I want you to bring this message back to Halazzi. We require reinforcements and Witchdoctors at Farstrider Enclave, we will make sure they wont be able to escape and hold them here until reinforcements can arrive. Tell Halazzi to send a runner to Tranquillien with new orders to Raikage, We need to siege the moment and keep pushing into Eversong forest, before the elfs can arrange a defensive line. We need to keep pushing them. Can you do this?
The look that Ro'jash gave the young troll made him understand that no matter what he was gonna say he was still expected to get back to the main army and deliver these news. So he responded in the only resonable way.
Scout: Yes Ro'jash. I will bring these news back to Halazzi immedetly.
Suddenly a fire ball hit down just 5 meter away from the position of the messenger, he was thrown through the air and landed hard against the ground. As he crawled up on his four he heard how Ro'jash had started yelling.
Scout: Move it! Take care of the wounded. Nack'thul take 200 soldiers around their postion and cut of any escape routs, Nek'na you take some men to distract them I will move the command central towards the east and find new cover. Send all new information about the situation in that direction.
Ro'jash pointed towards the messanger.
Scout: You young boy, get back on your feet and move! The sooner you get the hell back to Halazzi the sooner we get out from this hell!
The troll got back on his feet and headed back the way he came, he had no intention on stopping until he reached Halazzi.
Four days after the fall of Tranquillien:
Akassa was looking towards the dense forest in the south. He had this strange feeling, he couldnt really put his finger on it but it was something, something in the back of his skull that made him feel... Unpleasent.
Maroth: Stop your starring its impossible that any of then would gave folowed us this far, also your starting to freak me out as well.
Akassa turned towards the campfire and saw Maroth starring at him over the flames.
Akassa: Your probaly right...
Akassa shook his shoulders and walked towards him and sat down next to the fire. He remembered how Maroth had saved him just a couple of days earlier. He sure was good with that bow of his. When they had reached Windrunner village they had warned the people there about the loming danger, Though many hadn't belived them and they had just continued north towards Eversong forest, they had passed by another village called Goldenmist. Some how they most have heard the news of the Amani and was allredy gone when they reached it. All their boats was gone as well. So there was no way for Akassa and the others to cross the river. They where only a handfull of those that had made it out of Tranquillien left. Counting with himself and Maroth they where only 9 people sitting on diffrent places around the camp. It was only Maroth that was able to show he still had control of himself. Not once had he cracked under the fear and pressure. Not even when most of the townfolks in Windrunner had called him a liar. He had simply just said "Fine, you can die here alone then" and simply started to ride north. Akassa and some other had decided to join him and now they sat here. Cold, hungry and without a mean to get over the river.

The river that seperated Eversong and Ghostlands was incredibly vicious. At first Akassa had thought they could swim over but that had proved to be impossible.
Akassa looked up at Maroth, he looked like any other blood elf. He had long white hair that reached down to his shoulders, his fel green eyes seemed to allways be alert. He had a fairly small scar on his left cheek. Akassa had heard from another of their companions that Maroth used to have been a ranger, but for some reason had retired from it.
Akassa: So what are we to do now Maroth?
Maroth: Well it aint much we can do, but to wait for awhile. Maroth looked up at the sky and continued. It do look like the weather should settle down a bit soon.
Suddenly one of the female blood elfs in the group cried out and pointed towards the river. Look! look out there! Its ships! Everyones eyes turned towards the open water and several ships started to appear. Hah! They are blood elf ships! They most have come from Windrunner! Akassa felt so relived.
One of the ships turned in towards the small harbor of Goldenmist village. A cheerfull blood elf jumped ashore and met them.
Random elf: Haha, its sure is nice to see you again. We left the village shortly after you had.
Akassa: I can say the same, we thou... Suddenly Maroth cut him off by saying in such a low voice that sent chivers up his spine.
Maroth: Get on the ship... now... We arent alone here.
Get on the ship now... Maroth said again and this time no one hesitated as they all ran onboard. Maroth started walking towards the small village instead. Where are you going Maroth!? Maroth turned around and held his finger infront of his mouth. I am done with running. Now get out into the river! They did as he said and slowly drifted out into the river again. Maroth moved quietly towards the buildings. He quickly looked into a small house. He saw no signs of movement. He went back outside and looked around. I can swear about it... there is something here... Out from the ship he suddenly heard loud screams. He looked up confused at them since he couldnt hear what they where yelling. They where waveing their arms like mad. He suddenly heard Akassas voice. Above! Above! Suddenly he realised what they meant and tilted his head up so he saw the roof. A short troll just stood there, watching down on him. The troll had no armor on him but only simple leather pants. His upper body was reveiled and Maroth saw his muscles shimmer with sweat. A smile appeared on the trolls lips. As it jumped down towards Maroth. Maroth acted by instinct only and threw himself forward landing hard on his stomach.

Maroth landed hard on the ground, the air was knocked out of him and he lost the grip of his bow. As he gasped for air he heard the duns of how the troll landed where he had just been. Quickly with his left arm he pushed him self up and rolled over so he was on his back. The trolls spear had been pushed deep into the ground. With a mighty pull he withdrew the spear. The troll gave Maroth a grin as he took a step towards him. Maroth felt how his blood burned with anger and fear. He sent of a swift kick towards the trolls knee, the trolls grin disapeared and he screamed out in pain as he dropped his spear and stumpled backwards. Maroth got back up on his feet, as he tried to regain his breath he drew a dagger with his left hand.

The troll had regained control of the pain and once more a smile apeared on his lips. Da prey can fight, but that won't matter yah still be only prey! The troll quickly charged forth and within a few seconds he had reached Maroth and aimed a punch with his right fist towards the elfs upper body. Maroth hadn't time to avoid the attack and bent his knees down so the blow hit his shoulder. Maroth stumbled back from the sheer force of the trolls blow. Maroth saw his opening and swung his dagger towards the troll. The troll quickly took distance again and Maroth spotted a strim of blood on his arm. If I keep still I will be killed in no time. I gotta keep tireing him out, hes allredy at his last breaths. The troll seemed to realise this as well and once more did an attempt to reach the elf with a blow that would send him to the ground. Maroth was prepared this time and jumped to his left. The troll had put to much strength into the blow and when it hit nothing but air he was brought out of balance. As the troll fell forward he saw the elf in the edge of his eye and how Maroth raised his dagger and stroke down towards the trolls back. Maroth saw the dagger dig down into the trolls back just next to his shoulder blade. The troll let out a roar of pain as he crashed down into the ground. Maroth quickly took advantage of this event and started kicking the troll into his side. The troll suddenly rolled over and took a kick straight into his gut, but the troll suddenly grabbed around Maroth's leg with both his arms and dragged him down with him. A struggle broke out on the ground for advantages.

Suddenly the troll arched back with his head and with brute force slammed his head forward into Maroth's head. Maroth couldn't see straight and everything was a daze around him. He felt something warm and wet rin down his chest and reached up to wipe it away. As he held his hand infront of him it was red. Confused he moved his hand closer and licked his now red fingers. Blood... He was sitting on the ground when he spotted two green feet infront of him. The troll walked behind him and crounched behind him. Slowly he put his head next to Maroth's and whispered.
Shaul: Da prey fight well... I can see how yah could defeat Lak'na, he was mah finest.
Maroth suddenly let out a laugh, blood stains shoot out from his mouth as he laughed.
Maroth You give... me... to much... cre...dit... the one who killed your... friend is on... on... the... ship For every word Maroth was filled with pain and blood was leaking out from his mouth. But his words had the effect he had wanted. The troll become furious and with a quick motion he snapped Maroths neck. Maroth heard the snap.... and then there was no more.

Shaul looked down on the dead elf, he had collected himself and now understood how the elf had tricked him. 'Think you can fool me elf' Shaul clenched his fists in anger. ' I wanted to play with you... elf...' Shaul sighed and the adrenaline from the battle started to fade away and he felt how tired he really was. He had cuts all over from the elf and his knife. 'I need to find a place to rest and patch myself up' Shaul looked out towards the ship as he grabbed the elfs arm and dragged him away towards the forest.

Raikage walked into a clearing, the moon light glanced down between the tree branches. In the middle of the clearing a small group of trolls stood. Behind Raikage two other trolls emerged. One was Jazziki and the other one was the son of the Shadowpine cheiftain Kel'gash, his name was Kel'raz. Among the trolls gathered he spotted Kel'gash, atleast so Raikage guessed. The troll he thought was Kel'gash stood with his head held high and showed signs of an brilliant mind. Raikage stopped a few meters away from the group.
Greetings fellow brothers.
It's a pleasure to meet you Raikage, I see my son haven't died yet. The troll Raikage had thought to be Kel'gash had spoken and was now exchangeing a smile with Kel'raz.
Kel'gash I presume. Halazzi wants news of your operations here in the north.
Kel'gash suddenly looked anxious as he cleared his throat before responding to Raikage's question.
Well... we have encountered several problems. The elfs have responded, I dont know how they could react so fast but a force of 700 elfs have been pushing us back. We have estimated they have around 15 to 20 mages with them.
Raikage was surprised by this, he had not belived the elfs could have mustered such a force in so little time. Kel'raz suddenly interupted Raikage's thoughts.
The elfs send patrols often into our territorium, it might be that this force was asembled a time ago to either reinforce Ghostlands or to attack the Shadowpine. Kel'raz threw a quick glare at his father as if he was looking for any kind of endorsement from his father.
That might be true son, but where they came from doesn't change our problem. We need to deal with them quickly. For every hour we are stuck fighting them our window to attacking Eversong grows smaller.
This is true Kel'gash but the mages worry me. A suddenly flash went through Raikage's head as he remembered his battle with the mage in Tranquillien.
Do not worry about those blasphemers, let me and my witchdoctors deal with them. And from what I have heard Kel'gash here have perfected the ways of bringing back our ancestors to fight for us. Give me some of them and all witchdoctors and shamans we can muster and I will show these elfs Jazziki emphasized the word elf what true horrors really are. A great smile spread across the witchdoctors face as he waited for an answer.
Will this be allright with you Kel'gash, this is your area after all. Raikage turned towards the shadowpine leader.
Kel'gash carefully examined Jazziki, there was something that sent chills up his spine but he couldn't put his finger on it.
After a long time of considering it Kel'gash reluctant agreed.
Fine, do what's needed. I don't want this scum to desecrate our land anymore
Kel'gash turned his gaze to Raikage What will be our attack plan if your witchdoctor can keep the mages busy?
They will be aware of our presence, the only advabtage we have is that they don't know our numbers. I bring 500 Smadda's, 150 hunters under your sons command, 50 witchdoctors and shamans under Jazziki and another 500 reinforcements from Halazzi
Kel'gash looked for a second worried but quickly pushed that away and it was replaced with anger. I thought Halazzi was bringing an army! Have he broken his promise allredy!?
For a second Raikage was stunned by Kel'gash violent outburst. 'I guess it's understandable, they are risking everything while we are behind the great walls of Zul'aman' Raikage looked into Kel'gashs raging eyes with complete calm, Kel'gash took a step back and showed his teeth. Raikage calmly responded trying to make his voice sound as friendly as possible.
Calm down Kel'gash, Halazzi was forced to turn north towards Farstrider Enclave so he could aid our forces with destroying the elf base there. He will be coming this way after passing by he Amani catacombs and then turn west towards the bridge between Eversong and Ghostlands. That means we gotta secure that bridge before the elfs burn it Raikage paused and took a look at Kel'gash, he had calmed down and seemed to be making calculations in his head, Raikage smiled and continued If the elfs understand whats going on they will destroy the bridge, for now they will just defend it so it can later be used to transport their troops over for a counter attack. We must strike at them fast and swift so they can't burn the bridge. Now how many soldiers do you got? Or do you want to break our agreement and answer to Zul'jin?