Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is the kicker people.

The CoD *Elite* package will have a monthly fee.

BF3 will have a very similar thing called *Battlelog* which will be free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilarating View Post
    didn't read the whole thread because almost nobody on the first page actually read the press release.

modern warfare will outsell bf3 by at least double. all these kids on here and around the internet bashing modern warfare and/or activision will be the same ones in line to buy it on day 1.
    Oh, but that's where you're wrong. I wont buy it.

Just because MW3 will sell alot more copies then BF3 doesn't make it the better game, just the more popular game (and let's not kid ourselves here, CoD as it is right now is a console game which mostly attracts the younger crowd).

CoD has been the same for years now.

Battlefield is pushing the industry forward (in terms of both graphics and gameplay) while CoD still basically looks and feels the same.

I don't care if MW3 outsell BF3, I actually welcome it.

The less successful game in terms of sales is almost always the one pushing forward, try to be the biggest one in terms of sales.

AFAIK, the only things "Elite" gives you are options already available in other FPS games, even in Black Ops (heat maps, etc.)

Activision are getting very greedy for money now.. i hope it bites them in the arse when only a few buy MW3 and they think" Oh crap.."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilarating View Post
    *Img*
    1. Do people actually go to midnight releases for cod? Because if so i will show up with a mw2 box with a 3 taped over the 2 and sell it.

2. Highly doubt majority of the people raging will buy it

Damn that's pretty stupid

Cawadoody.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

People still play modern warfare bullshit? I thought everyone had switched over to the battlefield by now.

I need a new fps, i'm going to choose not to support this game or just about any other game that wants to have you pay monthly like an MMO. If i want that map pack i'll buy it when i'm good and ready damnit! I know it is not necessary, but i'll be damned if i support a game that is taking this business model. Was getting tired of CoD anyway because it is becoming the Madden of FPS games.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care, won't pay for it, will still probably get MW3? Sure I could invest in another FPS, but I think that picture halfway up the page proves my point.

You turn, you shoot someone, you run around, get shot at, die, get mad, seek revenge, and repeat. Killzone and Battlefield both consist of guns shooting people, I'm not sure how people find much difference between the three other than maybe control style.

The kind of things "Elite" will help people with, probably are the same things I could figure out myself with a bit of looking at the stats panel. Woopty doo people, quit making such a fuss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Don't care, won't pay for it, will still probably get MW3? Sure I could invest in another FPS, but I think that picture halfway up the page proves my point.

You turn, you shoot someone, you run around, get shot at, die, get mad, seek revenge, and repeat. Killzone and Battlefield both consist of guns shooting people, I'm not sure how people find much difference between the three other than maybe control style.

The kind of things "Elite" will help people with, probably are the same things I could figure out myself with a bit of looking at the stats panel. Woopty doo people, quit making such a fuss.
    Pretty much sums it up for me. Won't be buying, will continue to play MW, still enjoy the online play, nothing beats going 10-0 in the first minute then dying repeatedly for the rest of the game because of snipers, particularly on the 18 player maps heh.