Worth gearing another char this late in the season?

Seriously wondering if it's even worth it spending all the time gearing my Warrior when I know I will be no where near done when the next patch rolls and Vicious is sold for honor. With the weekly Conquest cap, I dont think I even have an option to gear him. I think gearing Bloodthirty might be a waste of time at this point.

Looking for input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Seriously wondering if it's even worth it spending all the time gearing my Warrior when I know I will be no where near done when the next patch rolls and Vicious is sold for honor. With the weekly Conquest cap, I dont think I even have an option to gear him. I think gearing Bloodthirty might be a waste of time at this point.

Looking for input.
    Imo,
    1. Only buy pieces with conquest points (Vicious)
    2. Buy Bloodthirsty when you're honor capped so you're not wasting honor

Also, remember that going into next season, your conquest will be converted to honor most likely, so spend your honor points so that it won't not give you honor.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2011-06-01 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Also, remember that going into next season, your conquest will be converted to honor most likely, so spend your honor points so that it won't not give you honor.
    I'd imagine it would go over the 4k cap like other times, just no earning until you're under again?

If you are thinking of "a waste of time" because the gear is outdated when the patch hits, I'm assuming you
    PvP for the gear, which is probably not really the best way to have fun in the game (for me, you could possibly have
    huge amounts of fun through it). I would say it's a waste of time if u really don't like PvP and only want to get the gear.
    Otherwise, enjoy the PvP you do while getting geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    I'd imagine it would go over the 4k cap like other times, just no earning until you're under again?
    When has that every happened 0.0

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If you are thinking of "a waste of time" because the gear is outdated when the patch hits, I'm assuming you
    PvP for the gear, which is probably not really the best way to have fun in the game (for me, you could possibly have
    huge amounts of fun through it). I would say it's a waste of time if u really don't like PvP and only want to get the gear.
    Gear is pretty important. Disregard his post, OP.

When has that every happened 0.0
    In Wotlk can't remember exact time, could have been the change from badges to jp system. Which I know isn't honor, I just feel like I remember it doing so for honor at some point too.

Deleted
    Should start gearing up, so you got some Knowledge of your class in PvP content and nobody likes to do BGS with 0 Resilience players

I never said: Oh, no u don't need gear, only noobs need gear.
    My point was, that you shouldn't see the time farming for your PvP gear as a wasted time, because you learn
    A LOT about your class in PvP while farming gear. And it should actually be fun, which is, at least for me,
    the point why i play the game.

Sunslayer: I think you should gear up to blues and the epics you can get, because farming your gear
    with NO PvP gear at all won't be fun when the majority in battlegrounds are geared with S10 gear.
    So you will have it a lot easier, if u farm for your blues now!

Deleted
    1. Only buy pieces with conquest points (Vicious)
    2. Buy Bloodthirsty when you're honor capped so you're not wasting honor
    This is the best thing to do, IMO.

Worst case scenario: You start farming 4.2 in decently bad gear rather than in rags.
    Id get my grind on. Learn the class and get those blues. Imagine the gear gap now in bgs compared to when 4.2 drops. Youd be getting globaled the whole way to welfare gear.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    I think a lot of you are misunderstanding what Im saying. Before you get COnquest you need resilience. So, you need Bloodthirty. Unless you want to spend 10 hours farming enough wins to cap because you are being 1-shot all night. There is a conquest cap. You cant just gear up.

You gear to PvP. I'd fine if we hit max level and everyone gets the same set of gear. I PvP to PvP, thats it.

I dont think there is even enough time to get my vicious gear.

BTW you cant save conquest or honor it all resets at the end of the season, always has.

Deleted
    imo get as much bloodthirsty as possible and start collecting conquest points up to the patch...if you cant get the weapon before the patch spend them on something else...also if you do fancy doing arena at any level, you will get blown up going in with 95k hp and no resi.

Also if you struggle with bg farming then farm heroics and convert the valor to conquest and justice to honor and you will make a nice profit from the gold returns too.

Have fun
    /toad