Thread: i5 2500k mobo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoss View Post
    Looks like you dont know how to clock... *points at the door*
    Funniest comment, made my day. Thanks!

so if i went with a z68 board what would be a good brand to run with? i found a gigabyte board that i think is really nice

10+ Year Old Account
    To put it simply, any motherboard from AsRock, MSI, Gigabyte, or Asus will suffice. You don't seem to know a lot about computers (No offense meant at all) so choosing a high end board isn't going to serve it's purpose.

well i know what i need to know but ive heard alot of good and bad things about certain brands. So im trying to get what info i can so i dont make a bad purchase you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally just laid out every good motherboard manufacturer... If it's one of those, you'll be fine... There's so many motherboards out there, that 20 people could post here with a different motherboard (1155) and we'd still have a few un-named.

Get anything that has 2x PCi-e (8x 8x)

If you need caching (aka speeding up your hdd with your sdd) or the extra Grapic card (Which only works with a second programm running). Else a p67 is the way to go. If your just going to 2way sli/Crossf get a small board (ATX-m board which are better priced and a perfect boards for the normal gamer)
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've recently been making my own i5 build and playing with motherboard choices off Newegg. After adding an SSD to my wishlist and finding myself over budget I cut my mobo back a model to save $100 and found this one. Haven't purchased it yet but its what I'm considering and maybe an option for you around the $150 price range.

I can't post links yet (ugh) but here is the part number.
    Newegg Part# :: N82E16813130596

Guys above me know more than I do though so take their word over mine.

Thoughts/opinions appreciated.
    Last edited by Superpyro; 2011-06-01 at 09:37 PM.

P67's aren't close to dead. The "new" features on z68's like ssd caching and lucid virtu craptastic are not at all useful to many people who will look to P67 boards as they go down in price as more z68 boards come out. That being said, if purchasing a MB now, I would probably look to the z68 over the P67 if the specs were near the same and the z68 was only sightly higher price.

Some of the z68 are coming out with improved VRM and power phases and MB manufacturers will be building on this chipset. I saw a MSI with a 20 phase VRM that looked hot, but of course it was overpriced big time.

Asrock did a good job on their p67's which strengthened there reputation and their z68 boards have positive reviews so far. Of course Asus and MSI and to a lesser extent Gigabyte still claim the large market share

You do know that Asrock is sort of a illegitimate child company of Asus from outside of marriage. According to the Taiwan stock market anyway. Complex story regarding upper management in both companies and some officials in the Taiwan government. Anyway.........