Price to sell my computer

I built a desktop back in January for about $800. It has served my purpose but now I would like to sell it. I would like to get as much as I can from it (obviously) but don't know how much anyone would be willing to pay for it. It works great, have never had any problems with it and I've kept it completely clean.

Specs:
    Case - Antec Three Hundred with Blue LEDs
    PSU - Corsair 650tx
    RAM - 2x2G GEIL
    GPU - HIS HD 6870
    HDD - 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    MOBO - Asus P8P67
    CPU - Intel Sandy Bridge i5-2500k

Like I said, I spent ~$800 for it. However that was over a lot of time waiting for good deals to come up so I could build it as cheap as possible. I am hoping to get at least $1000 for it, but I'm usually too optimistic about these things anyway. I would like to get input from people that are experienced with these matters, what do you guys think is a good price to list it for on sites like Ebay and Craigslist? Perhaps there are other, better places to sell custom built desktops?

Thanks for any help!

Without a Windows 7 license, I would expect to get no less than $650 from it. With a license, around $750. Ebay will gouge you if you sell it for that much and you'll likely lose about $100 through ebay/paypal fees easily.

It won't ever be worth what you paid for it and never more. That goes for dang near everything, sorry.

Visioned is right, but you could find someone to buy it for 1k pretty easily probably. I have a friend who will pay anything for something he wants, and he gets ripped off all the time because of it, but doesnt even care. Just find someone like him to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its roughly 1/2 year old and you wish to get 200 more then you paid for it.
    while you could lie about the purchase dates if they ask to see receipts you will just piss off any potential buyers
    expect about 50-70% of current price of above parts

Good chance you will not get 1k$ for it, Especially if you post it on Ebay / other sites that take a fee from you when you sell

This is no different then a pawnshop, Don't suspect to get what you paid for it / more, unless it was a rare item you got lucky with =p

If you do want to try to get 1k$ Try posting it in a allowed computer / gaming PC forum

For instance i go over to this computer forum website, There is a forum section where users sell PCs / PC equipment, Here is the link to their Sell forum

http://www.computerforum.com/computer-equipment-sale/

Its all user to user, No fee .. cause it mostly works with whatever the seller / buyer agree to.. Read the rules before posting to sell (they require a Pic of the PC with a piece of paper with your Username and either CF or Computer Forum in it)
    Last edited by c313; 2011-06-01 at 04:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The stats are not bad but as "Used" I don't see you getting $1000 for it.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can build the exact system for 850 without looking for deals at the moment. So you would have to find the right buyer to get a grand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvera View Post
    I spent ~$800 for it. However that was over a lot of time waiting for good deals to come up so I could build it as cheap as possible. I am hoping to get at least $1000 for it,
    In what kind of world people pay more for used computer parts than brand new? It won't ever have any retro value but it might have some museum value if it's still up and running in 50 years.

$5-600 is realistic price without OS, $100 more if you pre-load Win7 there with all possible updates.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

If you put it up on craigslist and word it right, you'd be surprised at what people will buy. For example if you posted it so that it sounded good to an old retired lady and one looked at it, they'd probably fork over the thousand dollars no questions asked. Honestly, half the teenage kids that look on craigslist for computers know virtually nothing about them except that RAM is gud. There are a lot of buyers that I would say would buy it for $1,000. The only problem is that with the economy in the toilet, you're basically gonna have to find either the retiree I mentioned earlier, or a 16-year old with rich parents.