Hey everyone,
Due to my constant and unexpected freezing and stuttering I'm gonna keep this brief. Starting on Sunday night/ Monday my computer keeps freezing. Sometimes it will freeze with a black screen, sometimes it will freeze with the screen turning off. Other times it will freeze and display what was on the screen and keep playing whatever sound (so if I'm watching Hulu it will keep playing the audio from the video but the screen will be 100% locked up) is playing. Other times it would just freeze with no audio and the screen displaying whatever was the last thing on screen. Before it would freeze to a black screen but then come back after around 30 seconds. Then on my toolbar it would say something about my nvidia driver had recovered from a crash. I updated the drivers on the Asus site (my computer is a Asus gaming laptop: G50VT-X5 [Bestbuy Edition]) and from the nVidia site but it keeps freezing and now it doesn't recover from the freezing anymore. I have to force restart it (hold the power button) and often times it will freeze at the pre-boot of windows, other times at the boot of windows. It will also give me the prompt that it was gonna check my hardrives for something then it will freeze. Other times it will abort the check and work normally only to freeze later on. It won't run in safe mode (freezes) and literally I cannot think what might be causing it. The only possible thing was that Avast! antivirus had what seemed to be a pretty large update (some of the UI changed and the announcer woman's voice is different). Also I finally fixed a problem with my mic (turns out the realtek HD audio manager thing wasn't there for whatever reason so now my mic works). But beyond those two things nothing has changed on my system. (Also now that I think about it the problems started when I did the first full system scan using the new updated Avast!)
Turns out not as brief as I thought but if anyone can help me it would be great. I need to finish my study guides for exams this week and with summer coming up thats peak gaming time. DXDiag can be provided if needed.

Thanks!

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 02:49 PM ----------

Anyone got anything?